Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Centre back / right back - Andre Wisdom?

Andre Wisodm has played for Liverpool and WBA (on loan) in The Premiership and had a season (on loan) at Derby in The Championship.

Having turned 22 in May he might be a good player to sign on a permanent.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are I have never ever heard of him but I will wait for the experts to give me an insight into how he played for Liverpool and WBA. [:P]

My thoughts are I have never ever heard of him but I will wait for the experts to give me an insight into how he played for Liverpool and WBA. [:P]

Some info here!

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/03/andre-wisdoms-west-brom-loan-whats-gone-wrong/

Played quite a few games for wba last season, until he was dropped by pulis. For that reason I''m not interested in him. Pulis is the defensive sensei in the premier league, I trust his judgement fully.

Just looked him up and it appears he was on loan at Derby when we were in the Premiership and on loan at WBA when we were in the Championship so has anybody seen him play 90 mins who can post their thoughts ?

Just a random name plucked from thin air in my book.

[Link]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-liverpools-andre-wisdom-abandons-2717070[/link]

Probably not the sharpest knife!

Doesn''t really scream "improvement" over what we''ve got - no for me!

AJ,

Agree with you but I guess it depends on what the Management are looking to achieve? Are they are looking to bring in players who are an improvement on what we''ve got or are they looking for decent cover at a reasonable price? In this lads case he can and has played in two positions, so in effect it would be two signings with one player providing cover for two positions, shrewd work if that is the situation.

To improve on what we''ve got is likely to cost a few bob, not necessarily of course, loans, free agents, etc. but it is unlikely improvements will have been allowed to become free agents, and loans by defintion mean the player is not expected to appear in his parent club''s plans, so why would they be improvements on what we''ve got, unless of course AN believes he can get more from the player, a la Falcao, Mourinho scenario.

According to most on here and McNally himself we need & will likely bring in, 6 or so players. Will they all be marquee signings, I suspect not, one or two possibly, the rest I suspect will be to provide options/cover and Mulumbu may even fall into this category?

If we kept our spending to circa £20m (or less) it would not surprise me, with a war chest for January, which may or may not be needed. I sincerely hope and expect it won''t be.

So I guess the $64,000 questions is, is the Football Board looking bolster the squad with ''marquee'' signings or to strengthen in depth given that AN in particular believes he can continue getting more from what we have and is confident we will compete in the Prem?

Saw him play for Derby a few seasons ago on the TV he looked very good then for a young player, he looked pretty quick, was strong and calm on the ball. I have no idea how he has performed for West Brom this year though, i cant remember seeing him start on the occasions i caught them on sky.

I''d go for a permanent move if it was on the table but not a loan personally.

promising but never really kicked on; looks like champs is his level and so we should look to avoid.

prem standard players only please.

Spent most of last season looking average to poor in a relatively weak West Brom side whilst on loan, and was unceremoniously dropped after just a month of games since Pulis arrived.Isn''t up to the required standard to replace either Whittaker or Martin, and in truth I think I''d be more tempted to play E.Bennett at RB instead of signing him!There''s still potential there, but a move to the champs is surely where he''s next headed.