Sign in to follow this  
Grant Holts Moustache

OT: Long summer of unemployment. How should I spend it?

No DC, I''m not bitter at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. Quite a happy fellow. Just wise ( I hope ) from a lifetime of learning, observing and experiencing. Most good people want to help others wherever we can ( I do...you do ) but you know the old maxim, if we do not learn from the lessons of history we are doomed to repeat them.

Well done on a considered reply DC and pleased you didn''t rise to the bait.Yankee Canary is by no means the worst but some of the rednecks on here are keen to give anyone a hard time.Good luck in finding something worthwhile while you''re out of work and you never know if something permanent might come out of it.PS....Shyster - or whatever he trades as now - must be on holiday  [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Before Purple points out my failings ( sorry Purple ) I should have said "learn from the mistakes of history."

[/quote]

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.George Santayana (1863-1952)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Before Purple points out my failings ( sorry Purple ) I should have said "learn from the mistakes of history."

[/quote]

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

George Santayana (1863-1952)

[/quote]

Thanks Ricardo. Although I know of Santayana ( he actually said "are condemned to repeat it" ...not doomed ), The phrase has since been modified and used in various forms by tohers. In today''s information age, of course, there is very little need to "remember". It is always easily accessed.

''you should help Ipswich crazy he badly needs some new wallpaper in his bedsit lol ''....... Cannigia

You obviously know him/her very well.

Oh, and in the Spirit of Yankee, and Judge Judy .....dont get a job, GET TWO JOBS!!!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Anyway. In my earlier days I spent a summer cycling around Norfolk and taking in the towns and villages on various day trips, with a picnic lunch and a hip flask for the harder times. I met many good people and shared some good laughs along the way. Even dipped into Suffolk once or twice. So if you wanted to explore our beautiful county, there are worse ways than by bicycle. Gets you fit and all.[/quote]This sounds a good idea. Maybe set yourself a challenge. Visit every Medieval church in Norfolk for example. Only 600 plus[:D]