Sign in to follow this  
drunkunmunkey

Watford agree deals for Spurs duo

Watford reportedly trying to bring in Ettiene Capoue and Stambouli from Tottenham. Realistic targets for us? Is this the sort of ambition we should be showing with our signings?

Capoue especially could turn out to be a fantastic signing for them. Could he offer us something our midfield lacks? Or do Tettey and Mulumbu provide enough competition for this area?

Apologies, don''t know how to do links.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11686/9903265/watford-agree-deals-to-sign-tottenham-duo-etienne-capoue-and-benjamin-stambouli

Capoue could be a good signing for them, he''s hardly set the world alight at Spurs but then again he is playing in a good team.

watford are likely to wind up like qprmercenaries collecting pay cheques do not a good squad battling relegation makeseems to me like they are going to take apart what got them up in the first place (and tbf theyve mixed and matched for a few seasons in the championship but it really isnt going to help in a fight down the bottom of this league)

[quote user="iron_stan"]watford are likely to wind up like qprmercenaries collecting pay cheques do not a good squad battling relegation makeseems to me like they are going to take apart what got them up in the first place (and tbf theyve mixed and matched for a few seasons in the championship but it really isnt going to help in a fight down the bottom of this league)[/quote]I very much doubt that. QPR under Fernandes and the lot before have been an object lesson in how not to run a football club. The Pozzos who own Watford have an excellent reputation in Italy and Spain for sensible ownership.

They seem like one of those sides that will make loads of signings (majority being foreign). Think sides like us (under lambert) swansea, Southampton did the right thing in our 1st season in the prem. Sticking with the core that got us up whilst adding a few, mostly British players.

Can''t see players like mertens and doumbia leaving where they are to join the mighty Watford.

Running before they can walk.

Capoue has been one of the worst signings Spurs have made in recent seasons, and Stambouli is hardly much better.I wouldn''t want either of them here, nor do I think either are better than Tettey/Mulumbu.Shame we can''t pay 250k a week or I''d be suggesting we hijack the Van Persie deal instead...

The Pozzos have been managing football teams for almost 30 years, there''s no chance that they will make the same mistakes as QPR.

As you would expect the rumours are now altering.Last one I saw as that they were only in for Capoue.