Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Are we getting left behind

I know it''s only 1st week in July and a lot of players contracts have just come an end,Other teams are doing their business and we all know Norwich won''t be held to ransome to big overrated players.Perhaps Mr McNally as we speak is working on a few deals.Surley we have some money to spend I don''t want us to go down the same route as the last time we were in premiership.I can think of 5/6 worst teams than Norwich our squad needs a few more quality signings. Thoughts please

There will be plenty in the pipeline. You know that we keep are business quiet and that''s the best way. Probably be 3 or 4 in before you know it. I know it''s pretty boring at the moment but hang in there and be patient.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Anyone here worth a look? I know its unambitious, but free players are easier to get a hold of.

we have signed two good players and others will be in the pipeline

I meen we could do a bournmouth and sign a 37 year old defender or two goal keepers if you like

but with helveg in the past we have been down that route before

Newcastle have signed no one do you see there fans in panic LMAO hell yeh

1. We have over a month before the season starts.

2. Playoff winners are always a tad behind building next season''s squad.

3. Unlike Watford and Bournemouth we already have a squad largely built iand tested in the Premier League and now Hughton''s gone they''re good enough to put up more than a decent fight even without any new additions.

4. Trust in McNally and Neil ... We are in safe hands.

I think someone mentioned there are journo rumours we are after 6 signings including the two WBA lads. That sounds about right to me, we only need a few quality additions not wholesale changes that will affect the group dynamic.

If we''ve only got about 4 coming in I''d expect them to be very carefully done and I don''t mind waiting rather than just signing a load of mercenaries, because you know PL experience right?

Only being left behind if our targeted players are not signing, but guess we''ll never know as most of the summer is idle press speculation or agents talking up a move!

Come the first game we will see where we are and can expect from this season. Palace at home is a great game to gauge what could be expected.

I''m not too concerned as the players Watford & Bournmouth are buying would not improve our fist 11, we need th

O buy quality starting players bout squad players.

Under Paul Lambert we got our business done early so allow time to integrate the players into the group before the season starts.

Different approach now I suspect we are either struggling to land our main targets or more likely the board are trousering the proceeds

If we are taking 4 (as previously mentioned) who would they be? Striker, Brady, Centre back and right back most probably, but the possible addition of a LW or AM.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Under Paul Lambert we got our business done early so allow time to integrate the players into the group before the season starts.

Different approach now I suspect we are either struggling to land our main targets or more likely the board are trousering the proceeds[/quote]

One year we arranged a deal long before the season had ended, that didn''t work out so well, should teach you that it''s not about when you buy it''s about who you buy.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]I suspect we are either struggling to land our main targets or more likely the board are trousering the proceeds[/quote]Any specific board members Waveney or all of them?

Canary Dogg wrote:

I suspect we are either struggling to land our main targets or more likely the board are trousering the proceeds

I notice Mr Wynn Jones has developed a very funny walk!

In our most recent three-season Premiership stint we didn''t spend massively in the first two (biggest signings Vaughan, Morison, Snodgrass) and finished 12th and 11th. The third season we spent a fair bit on RVW, Fer, Elmander, etc. and got relegated. Big signings don''t always give big rewards.

I am worried by the lack of news regarding potential signings.

Don''t think we should look at it like with have a month befor pre season we should be looking at it like we only have 4 weeks till pre season.

Look what happened last season we where in the Orem we had a shocking pre season and it ended badly.

We should have already bought in our potential targets and training already and gelling together.

Watford have better squad and improving it with the double loan signing of Tottenham duo.

I hope we aren''t going for the cheapest rout and try and squeeze through by the skin of our teeth

(Tin hat on)

[quote user="Hucks6"]Not panicking Morty just thoughts or maybe you should be city manager[/quote]Lol, eh?I merely posted a picture of a panic button, its up to you whether or not you choose to push it.We have always gone about our transfer business in a quiet, understated way, I see no reason that this would change now.

Rest assured signings that make you go "ooohhhhhh not him! He''s s4it on FIFA!" Are coming.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]I am worried by the lack of news regarding potential signings. Don''t think we should look at it like with have a month befor pre season we should be looking at it like we only have 4 weeks till pre season. Look what happened last season we where in the Orem we had a shocking pre season and it ended badly. We should have already bought in our potential targets and training already and gelling together. Watford have better squad and improving it with the double loan signing of Tottenham duo. I hope we aren''t going for the cheapest rout and try and squeeze through by the skin of our teeth (Tin hat on)[/quote]

Last time we were in the Prem we got the likes of Fer and Wolfswinkel in incredibly early and we had a great pre season.

Wasn''t it last season where we had a farcical preseason and that worked out alright.

Watford don''t have a better squad than us at all, just going by stats under Neil, we would have won the league comfortably.

I would like new players in as most would agree we need strengthen in certain areas i always like it when we get our business done quickly so that they can get used to the other players in the squad and the manager and get used to training as a team, but the signings we want maybe are not coming until teams have their replacements in before they sell.

Therefore not being held to ransom when teams know that they have money.

Every season we have the same sort of threads, so lets just remind ourselves of the "rules".

If another club buys a player, Norwich City should have gone for them (Regardless of who was bought and how much they were bought for)

If a club viewed as a "competitor" buys a player Norwich City the options are: Getting left behind/lack of ambition/bad planning/nobody wants to join us/prudence/somebody is trousering all the money

If Norwich City buy a player the options are: panic buy/cheap option/ no one else wanted him/crap buy/crap on FIFA and/or Football Manager

Roll up and choose the stick you wish to use to beat the club with..........

I too feel anxious and want us to be linked to good players and actually make a signing, but I''m not worried just yet! I think there''s a lot of negotiating going that we do not know about and we do not want signings coming in just for the sake of them!!! I don''t want highly paid 35 year old has beens or anything like them coming in,...

Fact is that I would prefer us to do bussiness early enough, ... I hope they don''t keep us waiting too long!

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]

Every season we have the same sort of threads, so lets just remind ourselves of the "rules".

If another club buys a player, Norwich City should have gone for them (Regardless of who was bought and how much they were bought for)

If a club viewed as a "competitor" buys a player Norwich City the options are: Getting left behind/lack of ambition/bad planning/nobody wants to join us/prudence/somebody is trousering all the money

If Norwich City buy a player the options are: panic buy/cheap option/ no one else wanted him/crap buy/crap on FIFA and/or Football Manager

Roll up and choose the stick you wish to use to beat the club with..........

[/quote]

I second this :-)