Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Potsmouth deny new bid!!

This smells of a player on a long contract telling management that if you don''t sell me I am quite content to sit back ,take the money and rot in the reserves and be a drain on the clubs resources. 

To be fair though if you read through this:

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~690720,00.html

Not once does it say Pompey have made a bid.  I don''t like Storrie but he is being accurate.  They obviously contacted us to discuss a fee, Damo threw his toys out of the pram and is being dropped tonight because of it. 

If he''s not a Pompey player by Friday, I''ll be shocked

Nothing confusing here. I have accounts from too many people about his behaviour at the end of last season for there to be no truth in them. This is a player who does not want to play for us and a manager who has lost patience. Unfortunately however from what i have seen when he has been interviewed on TV I don''t think Francis has the brains to do all this himself and is being heavily influenced by his agent.

Cut our losses and get rid is my view. Don''t think we''ll get the 2 million some people are expecting though now his attitude has been shown for what it is.

Am unimpressed with Portsmouth.

Seems to me they are deliberately unsettling our player  via the press in order to get the price down.

They keep saying ''yes we might want him'' getting his hopes up.

But then go cold on him claiming ''only if you don''t cost too much!'' (they prob. know the fans have turned on him)  This little game has gone on for months.

The effect being that if Norwich hold out for full fee. (which they are clearly doing) Francis begins to get angry at them for ''blocking his move''.

Portsmouth wait hoping that in the end NCFC will want to get shot  rather than have an unhappy player on their books.

They also know that if they wait long enough the chances for us spending grow slimmer. Thus giving Worthy two options

1) Wait until the last minute and get a good fee (say £2m) but not have time to spend it

or

2) Accept smaller fee (£1.2m) with time to spend it,

Just my tuppence worth

whats going on?

im really confused........

......if pompey havnt bidded, then why is Francis''s head not in the right place

And if hes ment to be a premiership player......... seriously what is going on? 

Its simple Francis knows he could be a Portsmouth player if Norwich would accept what Portsmouth are offering , so far they wont agree to sell cheap , so Francis throws his toys out of the pram and wont play tonight.So Norwich now know they sell him cheap or have a very unhappy player on their hands. A very good plan no doubt counjured up by Francis his agent and Portsmouth. Lets tell them to sod off and stick him in the reserves to rot untill his contract runs out .

Hi people,

I think people seem to have missed the point with all this. It is FRANCIS and not his agent!

I believe that there was an article on the Pinkun reporting what his agent has said. It is something along the lines of Francis will go if the offer is right for him and this club.

He fully expects Francis to fetch a good price because he is a "guaranteed" goalscoring midfielder and so should fetch a price that is in line with that.

I think the agent totally understands that Francis is not likely to go for a cheap sum - and why should either of them want him to go for that amount. The agent does ofcourse get a cut of the deal relative to the size of the transfer fee!

I think the whole situation is just unsettling Francis. I am sure that he is frustrated with the fact that his future is uncertain. He just wants to be able to focus on playing here or on somewhere else, at the moment it seems that he doesn''t know whether he is coming or going!

So personally I don''t blame him. If I were him, Green and NCFC I would be looking into what legal action that we can take against Pompey because they have attempted to unsettle two of our key players this close season - both without a lot of basis.

Mandaric is the ringleader and needs to stop telling porkies and then maybe his club would!