Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Why Austria?

Why is it that so many teams are going to Austria for their pre-season training camps, it seems that teams from all over Europe are heading there?

Cos there''s fuc4 all to do but train and look at the mountains.

No nightclubs that high up

Bethnal has summed the reason up perfectly in 4 words but I think the more important question is why is it taking so long to finalise this pre-season trip over there?

Whilst I appreciate a change of leagues may alter plans dependant on budget etc, surely two scenarios should have been provisionally planned months ago. It''s little over a week until we go on this tour and still no confirmed dates from the club, which is poor IMO.

[quote user="Display Name"]Bethnal has summed the reason up perfectly in 4 words but I think the more important question is why is it taking so long to finalise this pre-season trip over there? Whilst I appreciate a change of leagues may alter plans dependant on budget etc, surely two scenarios should have been provisionally planned months ago. It''s little over a week until we go on this tour and still no confirmed dates from the club, which is poor IMO.[/quote]

No, I think my question was much more important than yours.

Worrying indeed Display Name. The pre season preparations generally are very worrying whether its this tour, the recruitment of players, the launch of the playoff dvds etc it all seems disorganised.

We don''t seem to have learned from the past remember the shambles of the foreign tour last season and the games being canned at the last minute.

Really need a Director of Football to take charge rather than the management by committee we have at the moment.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]

Worrying indeed Display Name. The pre season preparations generally are very worrying whether its this tour, the recruitment of players, the launch of the playoff dvds etc it all seems disorganised.

We don''t seem to have learned from the past remember the shambles of the foreign tour last season and the games being canned at the last minute.

Really need a Director of Football to take charge rather than the management by committee we have at the moment.

[/quote]

When this guy agrees with you it''s time to re-assess your thoughts.

Looks like it Bethnal, in which case lets give this a go:

Why haven''t the club signed Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Eden Hazard yet?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Canary Dogg"]

[/quote]

When this guy agrees with you it''s time to re-assess your thoughts.

[/quote]

It''s just that w@nker Waveney talking to himself again

don''t forget only 7 years ago they hosted the Euro''s... 
there''s good footballing facilities in Austria, some of which better than what we have here.

It appears Norwich are actually training in Germany, and nipping across the border for the friendlies. They are using the same training facilities Swansea are planning on using a week earlier.

The German national teams also use the same base occasionally. Beautiful bit of the world, right by the Bavarian Sea.

Location, location, location.

As somebody has suggested, it''s mainly about altitude training, and a bit of bonding I suppose, and the games are of secondary importance.

This was the case last year when the went to Italy (Italian Alps?) There was a lot of unfair criticism about the planning of this Italian tour with the pub team fiasco, amongst other things, being ridiculed when the Club had already stated that the games themselves did not really matter in the grand scheme of things. Some were even played behind closed doors.

I remember, two seasons ago, the squad were dragged around the USA during pre-season, and thinking at the time that this was unnecessarily exhausting and expensive.

It didn''t matter for our opening game though, as Everton had been to New Zealand.

We still have a natural tendency to read too much into pre-season results when we should really only use these games for purposes of interest only and to sort out the right channels on our Android boxes in readiness for the actual season ahead.

I agree with the altitude training but the club could buy the training masks for altitude aswell. Isolated yes but also its probaly safer than travelling to a muslim country in the current climate and Austria is not on the list to be careful of on the Gov.uk website.

So the club are sending the team to a non existent lake which will magically gain altitude?