Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Francis is definately going

Damien Francis had a massive bust-up with Worthy before the Fulham game - Worthy told him that he didn''t think he was showing enough commitment or passion and Francis'' response was "drop me then".

He''s been talking to Charlton since Christmas and will definately be shipped out of Carrow Road before the season starts. The only reason the spat hasn''t been made public is so that interested clubs don''t think we''re eagre to ship him out and to keep a decent price on his head.

The source is a member of the management at Carrow Road - and I heard it from the horses'' mouth myself, no Chinese whispers or exaggerated rumours.

So long, Franny

[quote]Damien Francis had a massive bust-up with Worthy before the Fulham game - Worthy told him that he didn''t think he was showing enough commitment or passion and Francis'' response was "drop me then". H...[/quote]

Its a bit public now then!

If it were true (not doubting you Beds), I think Worthy WOULD have dropped him. He doesn''t usually take that sort of crap from his players, although it would explain his dire performance in that game.

[quote]Damien Francis had a massive bust-up with Worthy before the Fulham game - Worthy told him that he didn''t think he was showing enough commitment or passion and Francis'' response was "drop me then". H...[/quote]

actually, this could be pretty true.

although Francis and WOrthy get on ok, i wouldnt call them the best of pals. Back 2 years ago, when i was mascot for the west ham game at carrow road in our promotion season, they argued abit before the game, but it was over tactics, nothing personal

Good ridance. Anything over £1.5m - snap their hands off. Damo is a good player - but seems to have lost his commitment at Carrow Road.   

The source who told me that Thorne was going to sign for Norwich today, not Langley (see transfer rumours, im not revelling in being the one who broke the news btw :-) ), also told me that Damo is 100% certain too leave

[quote]actually, this could be pretty true. although Francis and WOrthy get on ok, i wouldnt call them the best of pals. Back 2 years ago, when i was mascot for the west ham game at carrow road in our promo...[/quote]

Thats a new one on me Weston,   a player arguing the toss with the manager about tactics !   is there NO end to  Francis`s ego ?     and if Worthy  gave him some , badly needed, earache at the Fulham game   , he should also have dropped  him during that game  when it was clear to  him , and the crowd , that he had chucked his rattle out the pram  , and was strolling around  like the twelth man in the Fulham team !!   

The word is that he wasn`t flavour of the month with his team mates either ...  not surprising  really !

If that was truly Francis'' reply then I hope he does leave. He obviously is no longer interested in giving 100% for this club and I think we should cash in now! I understand he wants to leave to play in the prem but a poor attitude is hard, near impossible to forgive!

I personally would not be that sorry to see Damo go, provided we get a decent fee. He has never inspired me with confidence when on the ball. Whilst I would agree he scored some crucial goals I think we need someone with the ability to spray the ball around.

I think that it is sad that a lot of you have so much hate in your heart for Damien Francis, its almost as though you blame him for Norwich''s relegation. He has been one of the clubs most consistant performers over the course of the season. I agree that post feb his performances werent up to his usual standards, but I think that his facial operation had a part to play in this. It probably affected him mentally as he came back sooner than was expected. I feel that if he wanted a move, then wouldnt he have played better towards the end of the season? Just face it, Norwich''s relegation was due to their inability to defend. I watched the Fulham game, and there were plenty of players that didnt pull their weight. Also there is no substance to the rumour of a bust up with Nigel Worthington before the Fulham game, its just another thing being used to build up the hate, I havent seen any quotes from Damien Francis''s mouth as yet..so until then...

I don''t think anyone is blaming Francis for Norwich''s relegation, but its becoming pretty clear that his heart isn''t in it.If he doesn''t want to play for Norwich, then he shouldn''t, simple as. As soon as we get a decent offer, he should go.Of course, nobody knows what the situation is.OTBC!Chunky

I don''t hate Damien Francis. But if some Norwich fans do have negative feelings towards him then it is only his fault. There is simply no denying that in his head he left Norwich some time in January.

Sorry Samuel but this is concrete stuff. I''m not really sure about revealing my source ''cos if he finds out he won''t tell me anything again!

Absolutely 100% true I assure you

[quote]I think that it is sad that a lot of you have so much hate in your heart for Damien Francis, its almost as though you blame him for Norwich''s relegation. He has been one of the clubs most consistant p...[/quote]

What is this about " hate "  ?  if my boss  saw me  underperforming  , swinging the lead ,  not EARNING  the wages he`s paying me ... guess  what ?  yep .. looking for another job !!   why should ANY footballer  think they`re any different  ?  they get paid wages  which are , frankly , obscene ,  to do a job  ,  and for months Francis  has NOT been delivering the goods !!    all through the season he has CONSISTANTLY missed " sitters " supplied courtesy of Hucks, et al  ,   lets not mince words here  , he`s NOT a team player ,  he trips over his ego ,  has a vastly  inflated idea  of  of his abilities ,  and , during  the last few months , was a disgrace to the profession  !  

The bottom line  is , all the hype in the world  wont  prevent  a player from exposing  their  frailties  on the field !  thousands of punters  will  sort THAT out ...   and , IMO ,   the worst sin is not giving 100% to  the shirt your wearing !!    

As to this face problem  , mooted as an excuse ...  give me strength !   Worthy wouldn`t put an unfit player  into a match , a facial injury doesn`t prevent  a player  performing  !