Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

What happened to the womens world cup thread ?

Has it been removed ? How is that going to help womans football if we can''t discuss it? anyway just seen the highlights and have to say Japan were guilty of some kamakaze defending in the 1st half.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]No amount of discussion is going to save Women''s footy....[/quote]It''s certainly got its fair share of knockers.

I heard it went totally relics that don''t accept women''s football and will continue to become more and more irrelevant with each passing day just like their parents did before them

For those that like to make fun of the women let me just offer a couple of comments. First of all, Carli Lloyd, who is about to turn 33 years old, showed some determination along with touches and finishing that I have seen lacking in some of the male professionals in the game. Secondly, give me a male central defender that has the heart and determination that Steph Houghton has and I''ll be happy. 

Yankee - this is the problem I have with watching Womens footy and the sport in general...

If I stepped in at Wimbledon and played Serena Williams I''d lose 6/0 6/0 in fact I probably wouldn''t get a point, if I lined up against Paula Radcliffe in the marathon she would be out of sight after about 150 metres.

If (when in my prime when I was 25 and a fairly handy footy player) I got asked to play right back for England Womens I honestly think I would step in without a problem and I can think of a lot of friends who I played football with who could do the same....

[quote user="Trubshaw"]Yankee - this is the problem I have with watching Womens footy and the sport in general... If I stepped in at Wimbledon and played Serena Williams I''d lose 6/0 6/0 in fact I probably wouldn''t get a point, if I lined up against Paula Radcliffe in the marathon she would be out of sight after about 150 metres. If (when in my prime when I was 25 and a fairly handy footy player) I got asked to play right back for England Womens I honestly think I would step in without a problem and I can think of a lot of friends who I played football with who could do the same....[/quote]

Thank you for your input Trubshaw. I don''t know how long ago it was when you were 25 which would give me some perspective on your example. However, I will say that if you were even half as good a right back as Lucy Bronze, as an example ) then you were/ are one hell of a player.

WHF dont worry the fools will be back

Schools out soon for the summer & womens cricket starts shortly

Trubshaw-

The Japan women''s team often plays against the Japan U21s in training/behind closed door games. They are closely fought games and neither side dominates. All of the Japan U21 team are professional footballers, many play for sides in Germany and a few other European teams.

If you could easily get into the England team then you should be kicking yourself for missing out on a professional career in football than the hundred of thousands you could be earning.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

The word "hysteria" is sexist.

[/quote]

so if the thread was removed was it a hysteriaectomy

even my coats gone

[quote user="Trubshaw"]If I stepped in at Wimbledon and played Serena Williams I''d lose 6/0 6/0 in fact I probably wouldn''t get a point[/quote]Don''t be so hard on yourself. She''s bound to throw in a double-fault at some point...

I enjoyed the tournament and saw every England game... we really did look the best team going through.. Awful luck to lose to an own goal in the semi''s but great to beat Germany and finish 3rd... the girls did really well and there should be a great sense of pride.
England Women over the last decade have gone from failing to qualify for major tournaments to finishing 3rd a huge testament to Womens football in this country.
England on the other hand - failed to qualify for Euro 2008, 2nd round exit at World cup 2010 (losing 4-1), 2nd round exit at Euro 2012, failed to get out of the group at WC 2014.. there''s a pattern emerging here.. whilst the women''s game continues to go from strength to strength the mens game declines year on year...
I remember saying before the world cup in 2014 that in 10-15 years time the best England will be able to hope for is qualification...
Attitudes and attention will turn to women''s football if the trophies come in.