Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

Ricardo Rodriguez maybe?

He was one of the best players in the team that came second in the Bundesliga. I love pointlessly random speculation, but he is WAY out of our firing range.

It would probably take our entire transfer budget to have a chance of signing him, and completely ruin our wage structure. And then you have the hurdle of trying to lure a player from going from 2nd in the Bundesliga to fighting off relegation to the Championship.

Some of the names on here really do make me chuckle.

If he was that good he wouldn''t still be playing for Wolfsburg a year after playing in the World Cup for everyone to see. I reckon an 8-10m bid may get them interested. As for wages 50k a week is do able. It was just a suggestion anyway. It''s worth a go.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]So is he good or not that good? Confused[/quote]

He''s good but he''s not a world class player like others are trying say. He''ll probably end up at someone like Everton or Spurs this summer. That''s where he has to prove he''s world class. Again, he''s worth a bid

Believe it or not there is football outside this country and the Germans league is quite strong.

Also wolfsburg are quite a big team who I think are financially backed by VW. They are also in the champions league as they finished 2nd to Bayern.

So yer I''m sure he''s jumping at the chance to come here.

I think Rodriguez would be a good signing for us. He is young - he can score goals and create goals / contribute with assists. He could probably play as a left winger as well as a left back.

Alex Neill should be looking at these types of players to strengthen and improve our team.

Also I believe Norwich will have to spend a little bit of money to get these types of players. We can''t keep holding back. You won''t find talent unless you are prepared to spend money...

Ricard Rodriguez (age 22)

FC Zurich (left back)

2009-10 - 6 appearances & 2 appearances as a sub

2010-11 - 1 goal & 3 assists & 14 appearances (2 appearances as a sub)

2011-12 - 1 goal & 2 assists & 26 appearances

Wolfsburg

(Bundesliga)

2011-12 - 17 appearances

2012-13 - 0 goals & 5 assists & 27 appearances

2013-14 - 7 goals & 9 assists & 34 appearances

2014-15 - 10 goals & 5 assists & 26 appearances

CAREER TOTAL - 19 goals & 24 assists

Why not get Mario gotze while we''re at it. His agent isn''t about his game time.

He plays in some bang average league. We are in the premier league so surely he would rather join us

😁

Congratulations on taking the lead in ''most ridiculous transfer idea on the PinkUn'' for this transfer window. There is still a long way to go though so don''t get complacent!

Lets look at the facts

1- He''s first choice for his country and his team, who have now qualified for the Champions League.

2- He''s playing in the Bundesliga, a league some would argue is better than the Premier League and is at least on a level.

3- He signed a new deal in January with a €30m release clause in it (just over £21m).

Why on earth would he give up Champions League football, a potential title challenge with his current club and some sizeable wages for a relegation dog fight? There are not many great LB''s around currently and I have no doubt if Rodriguez was to leave Wolfsburg he would be wanted by numerous top European clubs.

Absurd.