Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Subsidising away tickets

Swansea are going to do it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33431733
Is that something  NCFC could consider, or as we are sometimes oversubscribed for away games, that they feel , they needn''t bother?
How much is an away season ticket for us?

Every Premier League club has to set aside £200k to help away fans. Norwich used this money to supply free coaches to Hull the last time they were in the Prem.

Newcastle used the money to give everyone of their away fans a free t-shirt.

Swansea are topping up the fund £100k to subsidise away tickets for fans.

This seems the most sensible approach to me. Free coaches only benefit fans travelling from Norwich, but cheaper tickets benefit all away fans.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Every Premier League club has to set aside £200k to help away fans. Norwich used this money to supply free coaches to Hull the last time they were in the Prem.

This seems the most sensible approach to me. Free coaches only benefit fans travelling from Norwich, but cheaper tickets benefit all away fans.[/quote]Wait... so Norwich fans that don''t travel from Norwich won''t be getting the coaches from Norwich?Well i never.

Be good if the EDP etc could ask Norwich what they''re planning on doing this season with the £200k following Swansea''s announcement. Maybe ask fans what they''d prefer.

How about reimbursing fans if we lose by 3 or more goals. It would ease the disappointment - or help with midweek games when it is more difficult to travel.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Every Premier League club has to set aside £200k to help away fans. Norwich used this money to supply free coaches to Hull the last time they were in the Prem.

This seems the most sensible approach to me. Free coaches only benefit fans travelling from Norwich, but cheaper tickets benefit all away fans.[/quote]

I thought we also subsidised tickets in about half a dozen games. I definitely remember West Brom, West Ham and Newcastle but I''m sure there''s more. And I also seem to remember free travel to Villa. 

Oh I suspect not, having renewed three away season tickets and been detached from £40 for the privilege I can''t think ''David'' will be diving down the back if his sofa to see what''s laying about in order to help.

Good idea mind you and certainly for clubs that are out on a limb it''ll be pretty damn useful.

Southampton I think was another. And Swansea but that was through agreement of both clubs and refunded in the end. Didn''t Russell Martin have something to do with it? According to some a gesture only made because the tickets were reduced in the first place!

Bury st green must remember these as a regular traveller..

Swansea was refunded after the event iirc, to put it mildly we weren''t much use that afternoon. Actually no, that doesn''t do the performance justice at all, nice gesture mind you.

Not that Southampton was much better but there was at least a couple of ghouls albeit long after I''d headed for the exit but with the away season tickets you don''t tend to notice the cheepies quite so much as the envelope falls through the letterbox and that''s about it.

If I remember rightly Swansea''s were £20 through the agreement of both clubs. And then of course that was refunded...

I think that Southampton game the tickets were reduced. One game, maybe West Ham the tickets were a tenner. WBA was greatly reduced too. I''m pretty sure Newcastle was subsidised.

Anyway, I''m pretty sure the way the club did it benefited most away fans. Although nobody seems to remember...... 

Quite a few of our away games were subsidied in that last year in the PL together with free coaches to certain matches. It was certainly significantly cheaper, but much harder work, than say Lambert''s PL season. Personally, I think Swansea''s approach seems a reasonably fair and sensible way of using the subsidy. Hopefully, Neil''s season will be relatively more affordable but with a positive approach to at least some of our games.