Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

I’am worried and training has started.

“It’s something that I’m really looking forward to, bedding in more principles about how we’ll function as a group,” he told the club’s official site. “When you come in and work on things mid-season, when you’ve got games coming up, you don’t want to over-train them and give them too much information. To be fair, I thought they grasped it really well last year, and it won’t take long for all of that to come back and for them to start adding other layers as well.

“We’re going to new levels, we’re going to come across challenges we haven’t faced before. In those types of scenarios, we’ve got to know how to deal with them. We’ll be doing a lot of work on that.”

And you''re worried ? !!

Ah, the march of the "sign any old cart horse as long as it''s right now" brigade goes on...

Quality over quantity people.

The transfer silly season does not begin until july 1sr - we are 1 day into it, im sure a few arrivals will be here within the next fortnight

We currently have a squad of 25 senior players including the two we''ve already signed, of which Redmond still counts as under 21 (as he turned 21 after the 1st of January). We also have 8 younger players who all count as under 21 for the same reason, including Josh Murphy who has 9 PL appearances, 13 in the Championship as well as his loan games last season, and 6 cup games.

With Turner probably leaving, we have two places available and players like Miquel and O''Neil who might not make the squad. That''d be 6 new players plus replacements for any others leaving. We''re in a very good position and AN and McNally know what they''re doing. More players will come in and strengthen an already strong squad.

chelsea have a pedestrian defence that cant cope with speed yet don''t get ripped apart... "Parking the bus" I think it''s called...

the OP has a point.

It was only 6 months ago that the very same people now defending our defence, would have shipped them out in January for not being good enough.

now, apparently they are untouchable!

A lot of defending comes down to the organisation/tactics of the team as well as the personnel - our defence did really in the second half of the season but there''s surely little doubt that we will look to strengthen. Quite why that has to be on the opening day of the transfer window without people wetting themselves is something that I just don''t get.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]the OP has a point.

It was only 6 months ago that the very same people now defending our defence, would have shipped them out in January for not being good enough.

now, apparently they are untouchable![/quote]

I think you are arguing at cross purposes, Waveney. The argument is not that the defence is Prem quality but with two months to go before the window closes there is no reason to panic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Jazz Richards has just signed for Fulham..., thats it, season over, we''re doomed, why are Fulham doing business and we not??? [:P]

AN clearly hasnt got a clue, board and McNally out, Delia out, some people don''t like the shirt, we got no cash, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [:D]

There, I think I''ve covered most of the shrieking hysteria on behalf of the pant-wetters/trolls/binners...[;)]

Apples 

I don''t know why anyone is worried. The season before last was like peeking out from behind the sofa when watching a horror film, you just knew someone was going to get the chop and it would end up a disaster. At least this coming season I can relax a bit.

We''ve no points on the board, not scored a goal yet and the crowds at Carrow Road are really dismal.

It feels like the season is over before its really begun.

The poster has a slight point in as much as quite a few other clubs have been more pro-active than us. Little Bournemouth have startled the whole market with their signings, one in particular, and there has been quite a bit of notable activity from the clubs in our "zone."

However, it remains correct to say that it is early days and that a bit of reasoned patience must be employed.

I will step back one pace from this stance should nothing come about, of significance, in the next seven days.

I was reading today that Newcastle were one of three Premiership clubs yet to make a signing. I wonder what those clubs pantwetters are having to say right now ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I was reading today that Newcastle were one of three Premiership clubs yet to make a signing. I wonder what those clubs pantwetters are having to say right now ?[/quote]I am wondering if the Toon are going to put all their eggs in one basket with Charlie Austin, then he''s going to have a shocker.

At least Leicester have shown some ambition with a 11m bid for Austin even if Newcastle are favorite to get him.

[quote user="dibbler"]At least Leicester have shown some ambition with a 11m bid for Austin

[/quote]

Is that the Leicester who do not have a manager ? I take it you would be happy for Norwich to be splashing money around not knowing whether the next manager wanted the players being purchased or not ? Ridiculous.

Til  ''I take it you would be happy for Norwich to be splashing money

around not knowing whether the next manager wanted the players being

purchased or not''
Where did I say that or are you assuming.

Why throw up a managerless club owned by foreigners as an example of ambition by bidding £11 million in comparison to our approach to the upcoming season. Our way or the Leicester way ?...... I think I know what I would settle for with still over a month to go before a ball is kicked.

OK, over a week later and nothing has happened.

What''s going on?

We must strengthen the squad now and get the players to gel well before the start of the season.

I can also see the squad are playing well as a unit and you don''t want to ruin that but we must add some more quality and speed especially to the defence.

If the club aren''t going to spend on players could they upgrade the seats, wider, gets very cozy when there''s larger folk around.

Hey new poster here. making signings is never as easy as sky sports and fifa15 would have you believe. The fact we trying to get the players for a good deal and not just blowing £££ because we can should be commended. The transfer window has long way to go who knows what deals we have slowly ticking away.