Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Neil Adams

So will Neil Adams be back at the club as promised to him. I wonder if it would be an uncomfortable environment for him after being in charge...

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/darren_huckerby_is_promoted_as_part_of_norwich_city_academy_shake_up_1_4144370

I don''t think a promise was ever made, or if it was it wasn''t agreed on...

not sure we''ll ever see Neil Adams again at the club.

The club stated, very matter of factly, that Adams would return in July 2015 - in an unconfirmed role.

I don''t think he will be the U21s manager though as it would be too close to the first team.

Adams may want to continue his work for the FA also where he helps coach England youth teams. It would be great to get Adams back as he is one of the most highly regarded youth coaches around at the moment and would only be of benefit to Norwich''s academy.

think you will find neil just there one day

don''t see a reason to tell the press his role

I''d be a tad surprised if he came back in a coaching role, I think Alex Neil would find that difficult since presumably he will want his own team in there, and it will be hard for Adams personally. If he does return I would have thought it more likely to be in some back office capacity, maybe community liaison or press or something like that. However I do think the most likely option in my opinion is that they will do some sort of behind the scenes thing and agree to part. If I was in Adams'' shoes I would find it really strange coming back in in a tangential capacity with little influence after having been the main man.

I still think he should be offered a position at the club, as promised. It should then be his decision to accept it or turn it down.

All corners of Europe are currently being searched with a view to eradicating any available talent. Neil Adams to be appointed u-21 Manager say, Friday morning?

Pretty sure Adams will be brought back. He wasn''t exactly pushing desperately for a manager''s job when he was appointed, if I remember correctly - was actually a bit of a surprise choice; he seemed fairly comfortable working with the development squad; and his time as manager probably wasn''t particularly enjoyable given the way it turned out - so maybe he''ll be happy to go back to that, maybe combined with his work for England youth as well?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The club stated, very matter of factly, that Adams would return in July 2015 - in an unconfirmed role. I don''t think he will be the U21s manager though as it would be too close to the first team. Adams may want to continue his work for the FA also where he helps coach England youth teams. It would be great to get Adams back as he is one of the most highly regarded youth coaches around at the moment and would only be of benefit to Norwich''s academy.[/quote]

The vacancy for England under 19 Manager that currently exists may be causing the delay, Adams would be a suitable replacement for Sean O''Driscoll.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]The vacancy for England under 19 Manager that currently exists may be causing the delay, Adams would be a suitable replacement for Sean O''Driscoll.[/quote]And a stepping stone to eventually becoming England manager. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TCCANARY"]The vacancy for England under 19 Manager that currently exists may be causing the delay, Adams would be a suitable replacement for Sean O''Driscoll.[/quote]

And a stepping stone to eventually becoming England manager. [;)]
[/quote]

Only NCFC managers that have won the Mr. Clutch Cup go on to become England manager.

The number of changes at youth management level is just silly, we''ll be on our 4th Under-21 manager in three years. Something obviously isn''t right when staff are leaving this frequently.As for Adams, his strengths would suit a media role and I''d like to see him do some presenting and voice over work.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What isn''t right? The performances of the U21s suggests plenty is right...

[/quote]

It''s not just the U21''s, Jerry Gill has left the U18s after being in the role for what a year? It can''t be good for kids learning the game if their coach changes every season or two.

It''s undeniable that we''ve gone through a lot of backroom staff in the last 15 months and I just hope we get a bit of stability.

Surely changing managers on a regular basis is realistic training for if and when they become professional footballers. If they move on and join Watford - they''ll have to get used to five changes per season.

For what it''s worth I actually think it''s good that youth players are exposed to a lot of different coaches, it exposes them to different coaching styles and systems. Besides it''s not as if the academy age groups stick with the same manager from U12''s to U21''s is it!?

[quote user="The Walking Man "]For what it''s worth I actually think it''s good that youth players are exposed to a lot of different coaches, it exposes them to different coaching styles and systems. Besides it''s not as if the academy age groups stick with the same manager from U12''s to U21''s is it!?[/quote]I suppose the last point has some fairness to it, but from an organisational point of view having the same people in charge for longer is advantageous for everyone. It''s the same in any organisation, a school for example wouldn''t run as efficiently if staff were changing jobs and leaving every year.Of course some teachers will leave and get promoted over time, but things generally work better if this isn''t too frequent and someone new isn''t too often having to learn the ropes and learn who the other staff and pupils are.

There''s no reason why he shouldn''t be the U21''s manager as he''s succeeded in his job at youth team level and therefore deserves a step up, imo this should''ve been the job that he was given at the start of last season.

I would guess that he won''t be at the club this season and will be part of the England Youth set-up in some capacity...