Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Robbie Brady

[quote user="Indy"]Someone said its 3 million, with an additional 1 million if we stay up and E Bennett. Not sure if true but pretty sure it will be undisclosed if we do eventually get Brady.[/quote]

That''s rubbish. If Bruce states £3m is "embarrassing" wonder what he''d say about £3m plus add-ons??? Bet it ends in ....Off!! :-)

I agree, said earlier in the thread to just pay the asking price if he''s that much of a target for us.

To me it still appears that we are trying to offload players as part of a deal, wasn''t Laffs also mentioned early as part of a deal?

It''s starting to look a tad embarrassing, but it''s not Norwich taking this to the press but Bruce.

[quote user="Indy"]I agree, said earlier in the thread to just pay the asking price if he''s that much of a target for us.

To me it still appears that we are trying to offload players as part of a deal, wasn''t Laffs also mentioned early as part of a deal?

It''s starting to look a tad embarrassing, but it''s not Norwich taking this to the press but Bruce.[/quote]

How do you know who''s taking it to the press?

[quote user="MancTiger"][quote user="Indy"]I agree, said earlier in the thread to just pay the asking price if he''s that much of a target for us.

It''s starting to look a tad embarrassing, but it''s not Norwich taking this to the press but Bruce.[/quote]

How do you know who''s taking it to the press?[/quote]

Norwich City’s pursuit of Hull’s Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady has been labelled ‘embarrassing’ by Canaries’ old boy and Tigers’ boss Steve Bruce.

Comments Email Print

The Hull manager is currently at a training camp in Portugal with his first team squad preparing for their return to the Championship, but went on the offensive to reveal the extent of City’s interest in the 23-year-old.

Hull aim to bounce bacck from Premier League relegation at the first attempt and Bruce is adamant the likes of Brady will be going nowhere unless Norwich meet their valuation - believed to be in excess of £5m - after three failed offers this summer.

“Norwich have come in with bids for Robbie Brady but I have to say they’ve been embarrassing,” Bruce told the Hull Daily Mail. “The supporters should know the truth and Norwich came in two weeks ago with a bid of £2m, £2.5m and then £3m. That’s ridiculous for someone who is 23, has played two years in the Premier League and has become a regular international.

“When we’ve just got almost twice that for Tom Ince (who joined Derby for £5m). It doesn’t make sense. We paid £2.75m for Robbie and that was three years ago.

“This can unsettle players, do this, that or the other, and it’s all part of the game. But Robbie Brady will not be going for anywhere near that.”

There''s certainly a few clues there Indy, aren''t there!!

Imo you are wrong that we should just pay the price wanted, that would be totally stupid and could set a very-much unwanted precedent. We have to go through the bid-and-counter-bid stage, that is how it has to work. Whether we end up with the guy is another thing - but it does seem we are keen and it would look a bit soppy to miss out.

When I said pay the price, I mean the real price at which Hull will sell not the rubbish spouted in the press. I''m sure between Hull & us there will be dialogue which is just between the clubs, the rest is speculation. If Hull want 9 million then keep him in my book.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think Hull want £7m? (at least thats what most reports say) so I doubt they''ll accept anything less.[/quote]A silly price.Walk away.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think Hull want £7m? (at least thats what most reports say) so I doubt they''ll accept anything less.[/quote]A silly price.Walk away.[/quote]

Actually it''s £9m, but I agree you should walk away!

The right side of our defence is more pressing but player valuations are simply reflecting the 16/17 TV deal. Other teams appear to be investing in the hope of securing their share of hitherto unimaginable riches.

The olsson injury makes this one a bit more pressing. Imagine the prospect of the opening day with either an untried toffolo or out of position Whittaker against bolasie? It''s a bit annoying that we are messing about with this deal so much really. If they reject £6m its time to move on I think.

Whittaker has played at LB for us in the PL and for Scotland quite a few times, so I wouldn''t be that worried. I do think that we will have strengthened on the left with Brady or another though by the Palace game.

Hull''s ''contract talks'' with Brady don''t seem to be going very well, do they? Makes me doubt the Mirror rumour of £6m. Sky''s £3.5m would seem closer to the mark, IMO.

We should be worried if Whitts is starting at LB v Palace. However we shouldn''t be worried now because we''ve got lots of time to ensure that doesn''t happen. There''s no need to be concerned about our transfer activity. Mcnally said we''ll make around 6 signings. We''ve made 2 signings so far. There''s lots more in the kitty.

As I alluded to earlier, Hull''s whole valuation seems to stem from the fact that paid payed a pretty unfathomable £2.75m a couple years ago for a Man Utd reserve, which I''m struggling to believe.

....so because they paid over the odds for him in the first place they now think we should to?!

£4m absolute tops here.....and even then ,I think its high, anymore and walk away.........unless the player''s head has been suitably turned and now tries to engineer the move from his end ,either by himself or through his agent.

It''s most likely 3.5 Million up front with 2.5 million in add ons. I''ve watched him a few times and I think he''s worth that. Him and Dyer on the wings with Redmond in behind a striker would be superb for counter attacking

Reports this morning that our latest bid has also been rejected.

Surely we''ll be walking away from this now?

The situation really is starting to become embarrassing now.If rumours are correct and we''ve offered a deal equating to somewhere around the 6mil mark and Hull still won''t budge, then they can stick Brady up their backside and keep him, because he certainly isn''t a 8-9mil player as they seem to think he is.Focus on another target IMHO rather than let Hull dictate a clearly ridiculous price.

Quite so - IMO a guy moving into the last year of his contract should be pretty special to go for anything more than £5m, not sure if Brady falls into that camp. I''m pretty sure Snod last season was but we had a one-year option, so entirely different.

We didn''t want to sell and Hull wanted to pay for Snoddy, £7m was his price and they paid that.

We''ve decided that isn''t the price for Brady, and rightly so, and will not reach their valuation. If they keep him and he''s unhappy then that''s their fault for being childish over his pricing!

He is not worth more than £5m to us!

He''s worth whatever Hull decide the value is.

We put 7 million on Snodders and if they have put 9 million then it''s up to the board and manager to decide if he''s worth that.

If Mings went go 8 million then you can understand Hulls valuation.

I''m not sure if he''s a defender or winger, is Murphy too young at 20 to be given a bigger chance? And spend 9 million in a decent CB?

Don''t know but it would appear that these are the fees for young decent players at mo.

He clearly is worth more than £5m to us in the eyes of Mcnally and AN (the people who count) as there are strong reports that we''ve put in a bid of £6m. Whether or not we think he''s worth more than that remains to be seen. We may still put in an offer of £7m.

[quote user="king canary"]@Indy- do you mean Josh Murphy?[/quote]

I''m not sure if Brady is a right back who can play right wing or right wing who can defend a bit?

Yes I mean Josh Murphy, would we risk giving him more of a go behind Johnson and spend the money on a decent CB?

Don''t know if 9 million would eat into what we have to spend!

[quote user="king canary"]@Indy- do you mean Josh Murphy?[/quote]

I''m not sure if Brady is a right back who can play right wing or right wing who can defend a bit?

Yes I mean Josh Murphy, would we risk giving him more of a go behind Johnson and spend the money on a decent CB?

Don''t know if 9 million would eat into what we have to spend!

To be honest with all this RB RWB malarky, we all seem to have fogotten about Elliot Bennett?