race to sign Hull City’s pacey winger Robbie Brady following the Tigers

relegated into the Championship.

Hull are open to offers for the 23 year-old as they look to prepare

for life outside of England’s top flight after two seasons in the

Premier League.

Republic of Ireland international Brady started his career with

Manchester United and spent five seasons with the Red Devils,

progressing up through their youth ranks, but only made a solitary

appearance at Old Trafford which came in the League Cup.

After two successful loan spells with Hull during the 2011-12 and the

2012-13 season (one in which Brady helped his side to promotion), the

winger was signed on a permanent basis in the January transfer window of

In total, Brady has made over 125 appearances for the Tigers and has

vast experience for his young age, with 12 international caps to his

name as well."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-robbie-brady-5894627?

Wasn''t he mentioned not long ago, with a daft pricetag of £15m or something?

Wouldn''t be a bad signing. and I suppose it is our turn to nick one of their better players on relegation, like they did with Snoddy - though we''d not want to pay over the odds like I felt they did last summer.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"]

"According to the Mirror,[/quote]

That was as far as I got.[/quote]

Doh! Ricardo. I just wanted to start a rumour of my own. Then if it came true, any new threads I started could begin with " scouting report". I think that''s how it works innit? [;)]

We''ve tabled a bid, according to ESPN. Hope this one comes off if true.

I''m not sure how reputable ESPN are for sources but I''d love to see Brady in a Norwich shirt. He seems to have been around forever, the fact that he''s just 23 is a huge plus as he has years left in him. He was impressive whenever I saw Hull last season, his crossing would really add something to our squad.

On top of the above, his versatility to operate as a left-back is another big plus. If we could get him for no more than £8m I''d be happy with that.

The talk in that paper is of a 8 figure sum.

To me too much, I would rather we paid those kind of figures on our defence as reported with VVD.

I have not seen too much or heard of Brady to warrant that kind of value.

We need a goal scoring midfielder and a good winger, I think one video that was on youtube of his best bits had poor crossing. But I am not AN and the team, personally I would rather we wrapped up VVD and our right back position.

Interesting that Right back, centre half, striker and wide player are on everybodys lips just shows how many players we need to get the squad to a premiership standard.

[quote user="smooth"]To me too much....

I have not seen too much or heard of Brady to warrant that kind of value.[/quote]Perhaps McNally should phone you to see if you''ve heard of any potential signings before he puts a bid in.You do make me smile smooth. [:D]

So are we getting a downgrade on Snoddy, as Hull are prepared to let Brady go and keep Snoddy? Brady (as any player could) may well prosper under a manager like AN though

Robbie Brady is no downgrade on Snodgrass. He''s got just as good a delivery compared to Snodgrass, is more versatile, pacey and has a lot more years in the tank too. A regular for ROI and having come through the Manchester United youth ranks, I''d hazard a guess and say he has a winning mentality too.

It isn''t a case of Hull being happier to let Brady go than Snodgrass, and you can hardly compare the who on that front as they''ve both had very different seasons (Brady making 38 PL appearances, whilst Snodgrass has been out injured for the entire season).

Who is to say that had Snodgrass played a full season others wouldn''t be in for him too?

Snoddy is a right flank player and we require an option on the left flank - so why would we want snoddy back when he is nopt suited to the needs of our team and is recovering from a serious injury. 

Hull will struggle to recover their fee on snoddy without half a season under his belt - so its not a surprise that the media interest is in the fit player.

Hoping snoddy recovers fast next season,  just not here.   

Just seen Hull have put a £10m price tag on Brady. Surely we can get more for our money else where?? Saw it on the Mirror website

The Sun are today reporting Whittingham off to Hull which I hope means we can get to a reasonable price deal for Brady

I doubt that figure is correct - these things never are straightforward. One thing we don''t want to do though is fart about and miss out if he is indeed one of our main targets.

The thing is, Steve Bruce is livid that Ince was sold (as well as for so little compared to what they paid for him), as a winger I''m sure they plan to keep Brady unless they do get an offer like £7m. Although he''s only got a year left on his contract, if they''re going to replace him, I''m sure they are not going to sell him on the cheap/what his true value is.

...remember when we asked for £7m in the Snodgrass transfer?

Only 3 goals and 3 assists in 43 Premiership appearances,

I would hope we were going for someone with better returns than that.

Very ordinary - not worth anymore than £3m in my opinion - but all fees appear ridiculous at the moment.

Norwich need to be willing to offer Hull City £7m if they are going to sign Brady. Daily Mail reports we only offered £4.5m.

If we aren''t willing to spend money then how do we expect to strengthen our squad and improve our team? We can''t afford to rely on young Harry Toffolo to play for us at left back if Martin Olsson gets injured.

We could do with Brady as he can play left back or left wing. If Alex Neill doesn''t want to sign Brady and meet Hull''s valuation - then he will need to look somewhere else for a left back / left winger...

Robbie Brady

Hull City (left back / left winger)

2011-12 (npower Championship) - 3 goals & 3 assists & 39 appearances

(15 appearances from the subs bench)

2012-13 (npower Championship) - 4 goals & 13 assists & 12 appearances

2013-14 (Barclays Premier League) - 3 goals & 2 assists & 39 appearances

2014-15 (Barclays Premier League) - 0 goals & 2 assists & 27 appearances

CAREER TOTAL - 10 goals & 20 assists & 63 appearances

I''m sure we are willing to spend our money, however I''m not sure we''re willing to spend a large chunk of it on players that don''t warrant a large fee.

Mrs M,

I think it''s not the willingness that is in question but more the size of the kitty that may have the greater impact on what is considered a large chunk and whether it is warranted.

IMO, the kitty is not as large as many think it may be.

I do honestly think he''s worth a £5m take it or leave it offer. The guy is class and would add a classy balance across our midfield (and his versatility is a huge bonus).

Quite like him. Didn''t realise he was still so young either - and in today''s market is gonna be over £5 million.