Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Gestede link resurfaces - Ncfc apparantly close to sign him

According to EDSsports, we are closing in on Gestede.

https://twitter.com/edspete/status/620295689726238724

May explain the sudden plug on the Larrivey deal.

Depending on the price, but as a player type, I would prefer Larrivey.

Gestede is younger, though, but will be a lot more expensive.

Grefsted, who is this Pete guy? He looks as reliable as my car at the moment. His profile, revolves around trying to recruit a ''Babe Squad'' to take to events!

not convinced by Gestede, not even the best striker Blackburn.

looking around the Championship as a whole last season, I think the best 3 sides went up ,but when you look around the "best of the rest" there werent too many around ,that werent already on loan from Premier League clubs that you''d really want to take up with us?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Grefsted, who is this Pete guy? He looks as reliable as my car at the moment. His profile, revolves around trying to recruit a ''Babe Squad'' to take to events![/quote]

Not sure, to be fair. But more than 3000 followers, usually a sign of not being just another attention-seeker

Actually I''d probably prefer Gestede - he is a decent player and proved a real handful for Liverpool last season in the cup + kept Rhodes out of the side, didn''t he?

Compared to Jerome last season:

Jerome

apps-41

goals -18 (excluding play-off semi and final)

Gestede

apps - 39

goals - 20

When you think how good Jerome was an how well we played last season, at the right price, this kid could be really good.

I think Gestede will be expensive. Dont know his remaining contract length, but 5-6 mill is probably what Blackburn are looking for.

Too expensive, me thinks.

Would be much happier with this than the Celta Vigo bloke.

Machine in the air, scores plenty with his head and has decent poachers instincts. Decent season like Ulloa last season and his value would rocket past the 5-6m we''d be paying.

Jerome, Gestede, Hooper and Grabban would be the best set of strikers I''d ever seen at Norwich.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Would be much happier with this than the Celta Vigo bloke.

Machine in the air, scores plenty with his head and has decent poachers instincts. Decent season like Ulloa last season and his value would rocket past the 5-6m we''d be paying.

Jerome, Gestede, Hooper and Grabban would be the best set of strikers I''d ever seen at Norwich.[/quote]

Agree Bethnal

I called out Gestede as an ideal signing for us as soon as we were promoted, so would be thrilled if this were to happen. He''s the perfect player when playing one up front, a real handful of a player whose workrate is always 100%. Far better than Rhodes, who wants chances on a plate far too much like the Wolf for my liking, something we cannot afford in our position, as we need full workrate from ALL players. Hopefully that''s why the Larrivey offer has indeed gone cold.

[quote user="grefstad"]I think Gestede will be expensive. Dont know his remaining contract length, but 5-6 mill is probably what Blackburn are looking for.

Too expensive, me thinks.[/quote]Expensive ? Not really in Premier League terms.If we''re ever to shake off the '' little ol'' Norwich '' tag then we can''t go making embarrassingly low bids like we seem to have done for Brady at Hull.They''re not going to give these players away....

Of course they aren''t going to give players away, but unless you are completely daft you don''t just go with the other side''s evaluation - it is a matter of offer and counter-offer, anything else and you''ll be constantly shafted. I doubt anything re: our chase of Brady is much different to bids for players all over the country (did Man C not start with c£20m for Sterling and are now paying £49m?) - it is just that Bruce decided to mouth off to the media.

The truth is that is absolutely no reason at all why we should pay more than we are willing to for any player, nor should the selling club sell for less - it is merely a matter of finding whether/where that figure coincides. There''s nothing ''embarrassing'' about it at all.

Unless the price is right we ought to be avoiding signing people with more than a year left on their contracts. When there''s so many to choose from we shouldn''t be short of targets. Brady at Hull is such a target, but I''m not sure Gestede warrants paying a premium.We''re obviously looking for experience rather than potential, but if we''re going to waste a couple of million then I''d rather get that Argie from Spain. He seems to have a more colourful CV, as well as having better hair.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Would be much happier with this than the Celta Vigo bloke.

Jerome, Gestede, Hooper and Grabban would be the best set of strikers I''d ever seen at Norwich.[/quote]

Think Sutton, Ekoku, Robins & Fox might just shade it.......

"Blimey Mrs M, Julia Roberts was only offered $1M for a night in Indecent Proposal. WHat are you expecting for your £5M?"

It was Demi Moore crabby! c''mon, better film trivia knowledge required :)