Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Where was the Big Bad Wolf Today

"grabban had too many chances"...

what would you rather... a striker who has 100 chances in a season and scores 10 goals.. or a striker who has 10 chances in a season and scores 0 goals?

end of discussion.

In your example Jas I''d rather sell both and bring in a striker who actually has a decent strike rate!

How is Grabban still being slated? He was Alex Neil''s preferred lone-striker before injury and then suspension...

I like him. I think he''s work-rate and energy is flawless and HE DOES have an eye for goal.

I think Lewis Grabban will be our version of Jamie Vardy next season. No one is giving him a hope-in-hell next season and he will prove us all wrong!

I''m not saying Grabban will be getting a call up to England, but I think he is going to prove that the gap between the C and the PL isn''t that big. I predict 10 to 15 goals next season.

I have no doubt someone will doubt my opinion, but that''s my opinion and we''ll have to wait until the end of the season to see how close my prediction is.

i said before i think Jerome will be the one to miss out this season with Grabban and Hoops being preferred.

What brings you to that conclusion Jas?

Jerome was our top scorer last season and he won''t simply be forgotten about. He''s earned his right as our top striker last season.

Grabban offers so much more than RvW, it''s actually insulting to Grabban to even compare the two.

I can read fine thanks Newton but comprehension is obvously not YOUR strong point so let me spell it out to you.

The annual salary on offer from Sporting was about half what he gets from us-he has asked them for an amount that was about £500,000 less than he gets from us-which they have refused to pay.

So, you are wrong.

Jerome is a fantastic player, but i think early in the season it will be directness that we will be looking for, something that grabbs and hoops give us.

Jerome will come into it more when the muddy boots of winter appear and we adapt the way we play.