Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Where was the Big Bad Wolf Today

Anyone know where he is ?Our new Left back ?(In the club house ?)Or counting his money ?Or having the splinters surgically removed, he got in his rear end in france after spending so long on the bench

I like the idea. Okay they''ve fought in the past, but if that was behind them then no one could break that partnership. One could be deciplined and the other could roam a bit. Great if we were 1 up at Sunderland.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/robbie_brady_is_still_in_alex_neil_s_sights_norwich_city_striker_rvw_back_in_training_after_sporting_deal_stalled_1_4149045

RVW is in training with the other internationals, as they''re on a different schedule due to coming back slightly later, which also explains why no Mulumbu and Tettey in the middle. It appears that AN will give RVW the opportunity whilst he''s still here...

The thought of Tettey roaming around the pitch looking for space reminds me of when Adams was here when playing with BJ alongside him....sends shivers up my spine... don''t know if thats too much of an exaggeration.

Having a trial for Gorleston reserves, he didn''t impress I hear. They liked his name but were put off by the fact he can''t pass, control or run with a football

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Having a trial for Gorleston reserves, he didn''t impress I hear. They liked his name but were put off by the fact he can''t pass, control or run with a football[/quote]He should feel right at home playing with the likes of Grabban then who looked out of his depth at Championship level .

Grabban needed far too many chances per goal. He would be lost in the PL. We need to sell/loan RvW, Lafferty and Grabban and invest in a new starting striker,

Certainly not living in his old house just off Yarmouth Road because Jerome is living in it so is probably staying in hotel somewhere

Here we go again. The stat fighters who don''t know how to use more than one stat.

Grabban had more chances per game than Jerome.

Lets think about this for a few minutes.

Ah, yes, does that suggest that Grabban get''s into goal scoring positions more often? Well that''s actually what the stats suggest . . . .

Make of that what you will. If Grabban was needing more shots and was getting the same amount of chances per game, then I''d worry, but the fact that he is getting so many chances a game suggests that his hard work is paying dividends.

As for his touch and passing. I quite enjoyed both and for me, he is the 2nd best overall striker currently at the club after Jerome.

Hooper, who people bang on about, for me, doesn''t have the pace or ability to stretch defenses in the way that Grabban does, nor does he have the strength and height that Jerome has. Yes he is arguably the best finisher, but I feel his all round game didn''t fit with the way we played last season.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/robbie_brady_is_still_in_alex_neil_s_sights_norwich_city_striker_rvw_back_in_training_after_sporting_deal_stalled_1_4149045

RVW is in training with the other internationals, as they''re on a different schedule due to coming back slightly later, which also explains why no Mulumbu and Tettey in the middle. It appears that AN will give RVW the opportunity whilst he''s still here...[/quote]“Ricky has been in most of the week, the last three days. He has trained

with the squad and the other international players because he came back

a bit later.
He is part of the squad and he will be involved the same

as them. I know as much as you do about the Lisbon interest. As far as I

am aware nothing is happening right now. He is a Norwich player, and

when he becomes available he will in the mix to be picked.”It is a strange statement on the face of it, because van Wolfswinkel''s season finished earlier than anyone else''s. St-Etienne''s last league game was on May 23, which was two days before the play-off final and a full fortnight before the Euro qualifying internationals for such as Tettey, Martin and Hoolahan.

So presumably, from that information, he was told not to report back to CR on 1st July along with the rest of the squad but to come in later when the international players returned.

Make of that what you will.

Rock the boat wrote;

So presumably, from that information, he was told not to report back to CR on 1st July along with the rest of the squad but to come in later when the international players returned.

Sounds like the final chapter will soon come to a close for the big sad wolf.

I really do wish people would stop banging on about rvw....

Yes he had a terrible season yes he dint live up 2 what we all expected but hes still a city player....

If hes stays lets support him if he goes then lets forget about him !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Rock the boat wrote;

Sounds like the final chapter will soon come to a close for the big sad wolf.[/quote]It may possibly have been for personal reasons, since he not that long ago became a father. But against that he was hardly getting much game time with St-Etienne in the last third or quarter of the season, often being an unused sub. He certainly didn''t have the strenuous end of the season most of our players had. From a purely footballing point of view an extra-long break wouldn''t seem justified. And would not look like a sign he was figuring in the manager''s plans for the coming season.

Clearly he has no future at City he should have trained with one of the Dutch clubs until a deal is done having that loser about Colney can''t be good for moral.

You couldn''t make this nonsense up you really couldn''t

Why are be being made to look stupid by mcnasty all the time

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Clearly he has no future at City he should have trained with one of the Dutch clubs until a deal is done having that loser about Colney can''t be good for moral.

You couldn''t make this nonsense up you really couldn''t

Why are be being made to look stupid by mcnasty all the time[/quote]
Why don''t you just p!$$ of to TWTD where you belong.

Why on earth is he a tosser just because things dint full for him??? He never left under a cloud as far as i was aware he tried and tried it just dint workout !!! By all accounts i think hes liked by the other players so stop moaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

beardface69 wrote the following post at 12/07/2015 5:01 PM:

Why on earth is he a tosser just because things dint full for him??? He

never left under a cloud as far as i was aware he tried and tried it

just dint workout !!! By all accounts i think hes liked by the other

players so stop moaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is sad is that he is clearly now hanging on for 2 years of prem wagesHe has done nothing to earn that high salary other than sign a contractThis has gone past football - he  now has to be classified as a money grabberWolf GOOD RIDANCE

Waveney, it doesn''t take much to make you look stupid all the time, and Newton, how on earth is it clear that he''s hanging on for the wages-what have you heard that we haven''t?

[quote user="Newton"]

beardface69 wrote the following post at 12/07/2015 5:01 PM:

Why on earth is he a tosser just because things dint full for him??? He

never left under a cloud as far as i was aware he tried and tried it

just dint workout !!! By all accounts i think hes liked by the other

players so stop moaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is sad is that he is clearly now hanging on for 2 years of prem wagesHe has done nothing to earn that high salary other than sign a contractThis has gone past football - he  now has to be classified as a money grabberWolf GOOD RIDANCE[/quote]I wouldn''t be so quick to blame RVW himself. I''d be looking at the root cause of the problem, ie those running the club.It remains to be seen if the recent measures implemented, ie McNally''s football board, actually prove to be effective in preventing these sorts of transfer mishaps. It seems that the whole thing has been poorly thought through, as evidenced by some of last season''s questionable dealings.On paper it''s a good idea, but I''m sceptical of its implementation. I see the football board as being a means for McNasty to interfere in the football side of things, rather than serving its proper footballing purpose.

Some of last season''s dealings were very good as well. Or is that an inconvenient truth for some of your agendas.

Mr Angry wrote the following post at 13/07/2015 12:23 AM:

Waveney, it doesn''t take much to make you look stupid all the time, and

Newton, how on earth is it clear that he''s hanging on for the

wages-what have you heard that we haven''t?

Angry - reading obviously not your strong point - this appears to indicate that Wolf more concernced with money than football ?

Portuguese sports paper, A Bola, reported on Wednesday night discussions

between van Wolfswinkel and his old club had now stopped after the

parties were unable to agree on the striker’s salary demands.

Would anyone here like to take a pay cut of there wages?

Im suspecting that RVW may have been back at the club but not entirely involved due to the fact the club thought they had sold him.

Why is it that people always think there is more to it?

Sporting obviously wouldn''t match his NCFC wages so he may have then thought "oh well, with a new manager at the club i might as well knuckle down and try to impress him and actually play some premier league football!''.

It could just be that simple!

beardface69 wrote the following post at 12/07/2015 9:54 AM:

I really do wish people would stop banging on about rvw....

Yes he had a terrible season yes he dint live up 2 what we all expected but hes still a city player....

If hes stays lets support him if he goes then lets forget about him !!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fully agree