Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Dwight Gayle

Yedlin is still apparently on the cards and a new one is also Alex Pritchard who spent last season on loan at Brentford (Played in CM for Brentford but can also play on the wing)

I''ve always considered Dwight Gay to be no more than a decent Championship level striker.

He was very often benched by Palace, and that, along with an injury or two, has contributed to his modest strike record.

No thanks.

Derby Canary

apart from bassong and turner we have not bought any ''has beens''

if anything we have bucked the trend and bought the majority of our players with no premier league experience what so ever

so get some facts straight before your next moaning post

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Yedlin is still apparently on the cards and a new one is also Alex Pritchard who spent last season on loan at Brentford (Played in CM for Brentford but can also play on the wing)[/quote]

Where did you see this? I''d gladly take both, particularly Pritchard

You could well be right FF, his multiple login names all seem to have the same childish pathetic personality, maybe a result of inbreeding/

Please do not confuse me with some other poster with whom you have a grievance.I am a Canary follower who has been supporting this Club for the past 52 years.Call me ''plastic/whinger'' whatever you like.We have a fantastic opportunity/young manager that can take this Club to the level we all desire. Needs though to be backed by a realistic spend (obscene that it may be even at the lower levels) and perhaps avoiding players that other more experienced Managers deem not up to the task.Sure that it will all come right in the end.

Gayle is a good player, but wouldn''t particularly fit AN''s approach. Neither would Gestede, although he''d be closer. Larrivey would have fitted, as would Mbokani, who would be my guess if another player is behind us pulling out of the Larrivey deal. Both Pritchard and Yedlin would fit very well, IMO.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]
We have a fantastic opportunity/young manager that can take this Club to the level we all desire. Needs though to be backed by a realistic spend (obscene that it may be even at the lower levels) and perhaps avoiding players that other more experienced Managers deem not up to the task.

[/quote]

Ian Crook, Mark Bowen, Andy Townsend & Martin Peters all players that fit that description.

Quick, bright and lively player, looked good every time I have seen him play and creates chances out of nothing.Only issue for me would be his fitness record.Definite upgrade on Hooper, Grabban or RVWCabaye isn''t a direct replacement, so unless Palarse now need funds I dont know why they would sell him.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Derby Canary"]We have a fantastic opportunity/young manager that can take this Club to the level we all desire. Needs though to be backed by a realistic spend (obscene that it may be even at the lower levels) and perhaps avoiding players that other more experienced Managers deem not up to the task.

[/quote]

Ian Crook, Mark Bowen, Andy Townsend & Martin Peters all players that fit that description.

Things have moved on big time since then TCCANARY. We now have to compete week after week against some of the worlds best and against clubs that can fill their benches with International players!

[/quote]

Things have moved on big time since then TCCANARY. We now have to

compete week after week against some of the worlds best and against

clubs that can fill their benches with International players!

You ignore history at your peril.

The lesson here is that just because players are not first team players at one club it does exclude them from doing well elsewhere, over the years you can add many players to that list, the most recent being Cameron Jerome.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

You ignore history at your peril.

The lesson here is that just because players are not first team players at one club it does exclude them from doing well elsewhere, over the years you can add many players to that list, the most recent being Cameron Jerome.

[/quote]

That should be ''doesn''t exclude them from doing well elsewhere''.

History tells me TCC that many players look the part in the Championship but the step up to Premier League is just that bit too far.........I suspect Cameron Jerome is a prime example!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]History tells me TCC that many players look the part in the Championship but the step up to Premier League is just that bit too far.........I suspect Cameron Jerome is a prime example![/quote]

I think that would be an assumption too far.  Jerome has not been prolific anywhere in any league, premiership or otherwise.......until last season. Players can improve and develop -  and the fact that Jerome adapted and was prepared to change to fit in with what the new manager wanted last season speaks volumes for him.  Under a manager that knows how to get the best out of him and in a good

team - which we are - the probablilty is that he will carry on doing

well next season.   Confidence breeds confidence and a confident Jerome will be a handful at any level.

Agree with that completely LDC. Jerome is relishing the main striker role and, as you say, has adapted brilliantly to AN''s tactical system. Gayle is a good player, but I can''t see him fitting that system at all.

Jerome did last season what he did at Cardiff scored goals at Championship level , Jerome has never made the step up to top level with any real success and i doubt next season will be any different .As for Gayle being an upgrade on Hooper , no , an upgrade on Grabban for sure but Hooper is head and shoulders better than Gayle .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Jerome did last season what he did at Cardiff scored goals at Championship level , Jerome has never made the step up to top level with any real success and i doubt next season will be any different .As for Gayle being an upgrade on Hooper , no , an upgrade on Grabban for sure but Hooper is head and shoulders better than Gayle .[/quote]

Hopefully Jerome will continue to thrive under AN and bang some in.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Palace want £10 million for him,you dont get much for your money these days .[/quote]

I can''t believe the price of mid range players.....9 million for Brady, 10 million for Gayle and 8 million for Mings!

Makes you say f*** off well give our lads a go and save the money, as seen by RVW big money does not guarantee good players!

Yh this "buying British" tactic isn''t working too well. £9m Brady and £10 for Gayle when they just got Cabaye for that and Mbokani would be just £5m? I think I know where I''ll be shopping.