Sign in to follow this  
Bradley Johnsons left foot

Carlton Morris joins Accies

Just seen on BBC Sport that Carlton Morris has joined Hamilton on loan. No indication as to the length of the deal at the minute but looks to be a good move for him.

Hopefully he will come back more of a finished article. Still only 19 so has time to improve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33511075

I would imagine it''ll be with the entire season in mind, official probably only until Jan with view to remainder of season.

In other news I''ve just seen Remi Matthews has signed a 1 year extension. He''s currently 21 so won''t be counted towards the squad figures but will be in his last year to really impress!

Seen morris in the reserves a fair few times I dont think he is going to make it from what I have seen. I suspect he will have a successful career in the lower leagues. Of course this is where we will be if we do not sign some quality soon

Big year for him really. All it takes is one run of form for a young player and it kicks their career off. Did people have bolasie down as a world beater even 3 years ago when he was plodding round the lower leagues? Hopefully Carlton uses the opportunity well and hopefully I get to a game while I''m working up here!

Yep indeed, as said before Kane was utterly useless when on loan here, yet a couple years later!!!! Just depends on his attitude and experience.

Good move for him and a good level to make an impact.

[quote user="AJ"]In other news I''ve just seen Remi Matthews has signed a 1 year extension. He''s currently 21 so won''t be counted towards the squad figures but will be in his last year to really impress![/quote]

I thought I read last week that he has gone on loan again to Burton Albion ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="AJ"]In other news I''ve just seen Remi Matthews has signed a 1 year extension. He''s currently 21 so won''t be counted towards the squad figures but will be in his last year to really impress![/quote]

I thought I read last week that he has gone on loan again to Burton Albion ?

[/quote]

And he has just signed a new 2 year deal keeping him at the club until 2017.

just spotted this on the sky sports transfer feed

Carlton Morris, who arrives at New Douglas Park "effectively on loan", according to the Ladbrokes Premiership club.

have we farmed him out like the Italian clubs used to with the option to buy back at a set price ? or are we paying his wages on a long term deal up north ?

Do loans to Scottish clubs count as an international loan? If so that might be what it means as it goes through as a 1 year contract

yes, Scottish and Welsh loans would be classed as "foreign" under Uefa rules.. they all have their own separate governing bodies and compete as individual nations.. hence Hamilton are classed as a foreign team and its a years loan.

Probably a good move for Morris, hopefully he''ll get game time, SPL should give vital tough game experience for him. If he ain''t inANs plans for this season with us then he can learn how to play for a smaller team In a league where survival is success, no insult to accies intended, staying in the premier league next season would be success for us too. Let''s wish him well, to return a better player.