Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Through and Through

2014/15 Season DVD

Having just ''enjoyed'' watching the review of the season DVD ''Straight Back Up'' I thought I would comment on how poor the production actually is. It could honestly have been put together in someone''s bedroom on a basic PC. The sound is distorted in places, the graphics are Sinclair ZX81 style, the picture definition and quality is really poor (think our League 1 DVD), the segues in-between games cheap (some fading in, some cutting in mid commentary) and culminating in only a brief look at the Play Off Final. You don''t even see Russell Martin lift the trophy and you have to watch the DVD ''extra'', ''Goal of the Season'' feature to see the brilliant second goal at Wembley in full, i.e. from Martin Olsson''s interception!

In addition the narrator, Michael Bailey, although excellent in print, and I know its only my opinion, doesn''t come across with any gravitas and if he says ''Alec'' Neil once he says it a hundred times. Also there are no interviews or reaction to games or results, no training ground stuff at all. Not a patch on those Championship and Premier League Paul Lambert era DVDs.In short, the production values are really cheap and hardly worthy of a memorable season.

Such a shame as this should be a fantastic souvenir although of course it does provoke some very happy memories.

Yes the lack of quality is not surprising and it''s unfortunate that this isn''t close to being reflected in the price.

Would someone therefore please be so kind as to advise me where my friend might be able to locate a copy of any of the latest DVDs without shelling out the high price expected by the club? Are there any other means of obtaining said DVDs? You know, anyone know a guy who knows a guy? (If the drift has still not been caught then I think my friend was referring to illegally pirated copies of the DVDs)