Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

My Dream - The Incredible Captain

Here''s what I want to see at Norwich. We recruit a giant of a man to anchor the defense. He''s 6''6" tall and highly mobile/quick ( Peter Crouch but prettier and with bulk and muscles ). He''s intelligent, knows how to read the flow of the game. It will be extremely difficult for most forwards to pass him. If they do, they will pay a price anyway. This utopian player will absolutely fall in love with the club upon seeing the yellow shirt and the grinning, toothless ( we must have some of those ) Norwich fans. He makes Huckerby''s commitment to the the club look like child''s play. He has at least 10 years of top level playing ability left and he commits his soul to Norwich City in blood. Obviously he is brought in as Captain ( with a capital C ). No more of this nonsense of club captain and first team captain. He will be known by all and sundry as Big C. Any player not putting out on the field should at least be demonstrating the ability to move quickly or our Captain will chase him down. If any one in the dressing room makes a snide, negative remark about another player or management  they better not be within backhand reach of our hero. Mr. Worthington takes on a new lease of life and becomes extremely comfortable leaving man-management to this affable giant. Worthy. in fact, becomes a tremendous manager in recruitment/future building as well as an expert on match tactics. Delia continues to have a drink here and there but instead of coming on the pitch at halftime roaring "Let''s be ''avin you" to 25,000 of the finest, she is now deliriously yelling to Hercules, throughout the game, "You belong to me, you belong to me" as he brushes the opposition aside as if on a crusade.

Don''t tell me about the problems or ask me to identify who this man is and what the price for him would be. I don''t want to know. I just know that somewhere in this great big world this man exists. What I really know is that this is exactly what we need. No more make-do captains or patchwork defensive formations or Worthy man-management problems. I''ve had it up to here with that tedious input. It''s time for dreams to come true.  

Think the guy you are talking about goes by the name of John Terry!!!! (I know he''s slightly smaller!)

Brilliant. You had me staring wistfully out of the window, not wanting to come back to the reality of "Captain" Flem...

Yeah, I was thinking Shackell too...

Incidentally, had a dream t''other night that we signed Thierry Henry for £13.......

I thought big Dunc too til I read the bit about being mobile and quick

If Yankee had been talking about Ferdinand Northern then I think he might have written the following.

''I dreamt of a greedy lazy sod who quite happily pocketed 9 months wages when he forgot to take a drug test and then selfishly held out for an extra £20,000 a week on a new contract because he couldn''t scrap by on a measily £100,000 a week. A player who ponces around like a big girls blouse who was made to look like a Sunday pub player by Dean Ashton and Leon McKenzie.''

If he had been dreaming about Sol Campbell I think he might have written.

''I dreamt of a player who used to be really good but who is now permanently injured.''

YC, you''re having us on, based in America you''ve been watching Captain Marvel too much, and from the look of our pre-season we need Batman and Robin.