Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Sterling sold -Liverpool coming for Redmond?

So, what should not happen (for us), has happened. Greedy Sterling to ManC for 49 mill.

This will likely spark Liverpool interest in Redmond.

I don''t like it, and this may well lead to unrest, turning of heads, and we end up as the losers in all of this.

If they want Redmond, it will cost at least 20 mill.

What do ya say?

I''d be slightly put out if I were a Liverpool fan and they replaced Sterling with Redmond?!

I think theyve alreday budgeted for his sale and have been spending that money already.

They alraedy have to find a way of fitting Milner,Lallana,Coutinho,Firmino,Origi around Sturridge....and Rodgers may already consider Jordan Ibe to be the replacement for Sterling?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]He might go, he might not
I hope he doesn''t
Did you know, that one of his middle names is Jerome?
[/quote]
Whose middle name is Jerome Crabby?

Greedy Sterling going to a club that might win something and will play in the Champions League rather than staying at one that won''t do either.

Liverpool can have Redmond.....................

...............for £48million.

At one point has he proved enough? Where do you draw the line?

Liverpool are just being p1ssy because they aren''t the power they once were.

I think Liverpool fans would be a little bit disappointed if they sold Sterling for £50m only to buy Redmond for about £10m.

Yeah, TetteyRole, bet Liverpool fans were really annoyed in the way Sterling went searching for a more successful team and joined them from QPR five years ago.

The money isn''t the issue, it is getting quality in place to make sure we survive. If we got Jordan ibe and another player on loan along with a load of money then I''d be more accepting but we can''t be compromising our survival by carelessly selling our best talent. £20m sounds great for Redmond but if that is the difference between 17th and 18th...

I''m sorry but if I was a liverpool fan I''d be pretty pissed if they brought in Redmond to replace Sterling.

Redmonds definitely a talent and I''m glad we have him but he is nowhere near the quality level that Sterling has shown.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Yeah, TetteyRole, bet Liverpool fans were really annoyed in the way Sterling went searching for a more successful team and joined them from QPR five years ago.[/quote]

I always find these sort of things amusing. Loyalty in today''s game is incredibly hard to come by. People thinking that just because they gave a young player a chance from another club, to play at a higher level - that it should lead to loyalty are naive.

It does happen sometimes. But it is rare these days. It also doesn''t follow logic particularly.

If those players have moved before, then I would suggest that they are probably more likely to move again. I''d be shocked if Sterling stayed with us for the rest of his career. Especially if he establishes himself this season and proves he is more than capable in the premier league.

Just because you can finish top 6, it doesn''t mean they won''t have their eye caught by a top 3 club.

Much like Brady at Hull. He isn''t from Hull, went to Hull to achieve a higher level of footy and will most likely do so again at some point, whether that be with us or elsewhere.

Which makes me even happier that Bradley Johnson decided to stay even after offers from a few PL clubs.

I think he''s pretty average in the PL when played in the middle, however he seems to have been given a new lease of life on the left hand side. Never thought I''d be excited to see what Bradley Johnson can do in the Prem.

Agent gets most promising young player in England three times available wages.

Young player moves to team in Champions League with recent silverware and better potential of more.

Young player goes for record £49m.

Young player one of few English players with modern, dynamic fluidity of position and movement and game-changing abilities coveted by rich club.

Who has done what wrong here?

Parma

oh and he needed a holiday mid season last year and couldn''t manage 2 games in one week

as for Liverpool well he is not from there and its just a job and while they might cry about it all they made a killing on him

Due to the Homegrown-rule, I certainly think Redmond would be a very expensive player to take from us.

This rule is why ManC overpaid for Sterling.

ManC only have 20 eligble players for the coming season, so thats why they are after homegrowns like Sterling and Delph.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think Liverpool fans would be a little bit disappointed if they sold Sterling for £50m only to buy Redmond for about £10m.[/quote]

I think Liverpool fans are already disappointed that almost 10 million of the fee is going to QPR.

Am I the only person in the world to be unimpressed by Sterling??

He reminds me of a quicker Stuard Downing but with a crap work ethic and a ball bag mentality.

I wont be surprised if he struggles to get in the starting lineup at man city much.

Redmond is improving and Sterling seems to have 25-30 minutes of good (great) play every few weeks. I''d rather have Redmond.

Looking at the history, after ManC was taken over by the Abu Dhabi group, there has not been much playing time for English players. They are mostly warming the bench.

Even more now, I suspect, with the Homegrown rule coming into contention.

Due to that rule, the big clubs must have a certain number of homegrown English players in their squads, which will inflate the prices on rather average players, and since they are average, they are put on the bench.

Essentialy, English players are being paid well to sit on the bench, so the big clubs can abide the Homegrown rule.

Liverpool have never shown any strong interest in Redmond and doubt that will change anytime soon.

Sterling and Redmond aren''t that similar either. Sterling''s best games have been in the No. 10 role or as a false 9 - Redmond has done well central for the U21s but never at club level. He is still very much and out and out winger - something Rodgers doesn''t actually use that much at Liverpool, preferring wingbacks or more central players out wide (Lallana or Coutinho).

If Norwich don''t tie Redmond down to a new contract I can see him leaving next summer, but doubt anyone will want to pay the £20m Norwich would surely look to get from him this one.

I''d be much more concerned about Redmond in the January window.

At the moment he still represents a massive punt for a premier league team due to age and lack of real top-flight experience, and as others have pointed out he''ll certainly be ''overpriced'' (expensive) due to being homegrown.

With our favorable fixtures in the opening stages of the season, he has the opportunity to turn a few heads and gain some goals/assists. If there''s even a sniff of a bigger club needing a fresh play maker in January, that''s when we really could be tested if someone comes in with a £20m+ offer.

Incidentally, I find this whole ''overpriced'' idea is somewhat annoying. A player is worth what a team will pay. Players do not have an intrinsic value, it is always based on the market that they are in. Homegrown players are more valuable in the market due to the rules, the fact that they know the league, will likely integrate into a UK team more easily, etc etc etc. It is what it is, and is why we should be looking for players outside of the UK market, as it is incredibly rare that you''ll find a UK player that is a bargain.

[quote user="Les"]Liverpool can have Redmond.....................

Jesus wept! [:''(]

...............for £48million.
[/quote]