Sign in to follow this  
Davness

Joaquín Larrivey

His agent is also saying Celtic had something to do with the deal as well. Perhaps Hooper going back to celtic?

all very strange.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Frank this is serious stuff if you haven''t got anything positive to say then say nothing at all Our club is in full crisis![/quote]

Did you of all people really just post this Waveney ? [:''(]

Not wishing to speculate, however.......

....the deal was pulled sometime after AN met the player and agent on Friday.

I''d really like to think that it was AN who vetoed the transfer. If it isn''t on medical grounds, then it suggests that he will only bring in players that buy into his philosophy, which will be pivotal to NCFC''s survival hopes this season.

Like others, I hope this means that the Mbokani deal could be back in the pipeline. More expensive at £5.5m, but also a more complete player who could fit AN''s system very well, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanMCGMqvu8

Apologies to Broadstairs for my part in getting his hopes up.

Well lets hope there''s nothing in the Murphy rumours because i am sure there''s one or two on here who would even try to spin that into a positive .

Its an unusual turn of events, but what little we know of our Manager, you wouldnt put it passed him to pull out of a deal if he didnt like cut of a players jib on a face to face meeting.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Frank this is serious stuff if you haven''t got anything positive to say then say nothing at all

Our club is in full crisis![/quote]

A crisis is 1p5wich spending yet another season in the Chump, with mounting debts LOL.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t particularly want (or indeed rate) Murphy that much but he did score 27 last season so must have something about him.[/quote]Thing is thats the first time in a long career he has even come close to that sort of total . Skybet  have us 8s from 16s so its not totally impossible .

Thursday .9th July

History students will recognise the phrase "a flagstone on the road to democracy".

There are possible elements of corporate principle being estaished in this signing, plus the business tendency to welcome new senior managers with a strategic "present" to demonstrate trust and belief in them.

We have a football board that is designed to oversee, validate and support transfers and the manager. If this function is merely to nod to whatever the manager says, then it is merely admin rubber-stamp Bureaucracy. With major characters on board and premier funds in the kitty - always a temptation for the manager in possession of the shirt - then some power-sharing is to be expected.

A new Head of recruitment often brings with him a left-field gem or two,which are typically welcomed as a warm hello. These tend to be cheap punts, which by definition are good, necessary squad fillers at this level.

Premier League success can be heavily influenced by how good, happy and motivated your numbers 14-18 are.

It may of course be that this is a player that Alex Neil has tracked and was always desperate to sign.... He certainly hasn''t felt in any way inclined to block it.

I suspect this shows he is a good manager in the wider sense.

Parma

Sunday 12th July

Post script:

Perhaps Alex Neil preferred to establish his authority......:

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Thursday .9th July

History students will recognise the phrase "a flagstone on the road to democracy".

There are possible elements of corporate principle being estaished in this signing, plus the business tendency to welcome new senior managers with a strategic "present" to demonstrate trust and belief in them.

We have a football board that is designed to oversee, validate and support transfers and the manager. If this function is merely to nod to whatever the manager says, then it is merely admin rubber-stamp Bureaucracy. With major characters on board and premier funds in the kitty - always a temptation for the manager in possession of the shirt - then some power-sharing is to be expected.

A new Head of recruitment often brings with him a left-field gem or two,which are typically welcomed as a warm hello. These tend to be cheap punts, which by definition are good, necessary squad fillers at this level.

Premier League success can be heavily influenced by how good, happy and motivated your numbers 14-18 are.

It may of course be that this is a player that Alex Neil has tracked and was always desperate to sign.... He certainly hasn''t felt in any way inclined to block it.

I suspect this shows he is a good manager in the wider sense.

Parma

Sunday 12th July

Post script:

Perhaps Alex Neil preferred to establish his authority......:

Parma[/quote]Apropos these events, and Parma''s reading of them, this interesting piece was published by The Guardian on July 3. Apologies for not being good with links, but it now seems even more worth a read than it did before:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/premier-league-transfers-who-decides-club-buys

waiting for Waveney

to log in as true grit and canary dog to back up his crisis calls

things are ticking along nicely here and if we did sign this player one of waveneys alter egos would be running the club down for that either way its lose lose with him

Clubs who are well run do their home work in a player, understand their value make an acceptable bid do the medical show them round and complete the deal.

Norwich make stupid unrealistic buds for players look incompetent and then double the bid (Brady) agree a fee with a club get him to do a medical show him round and then decide not to sign him.

If anyone thinks we are handling the close season well you must be mad!!

It is painful watching our great club suffer under this incompetent bunch of clowns

Miggins if that ever happened I would give up honestly I would give up.

What is going on at the club it''s like the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Funny to see the normal sides jump into their camps, but funny how the Celta/agent see our club.

Dos Reis is reportedly quoted as saying, “There has not been any problem that may have lead to this. Nor has there been any change in the numbers of the operation. This is a total lack of seriousness, professionalism and ethics by Norwich.”

Some on here will never find fault and only on here to jump all over the negative comments.

I''m happy that this has not gone through, if Jelovic is a target at long last a realistic target with quality of first 11.

Jelovic would be a fantastic signing.....have a feeling might be a player exchange with one of Laffs ?

Not sure about that one now. No, no, no.

I think I''d prefer Larrivey, but unfortunately he''s leaving tonight on a plane (and I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain.)

Come back Jo, all is forgiven.

Seriously though, what''s goorn on?

A striker, a striker, my armchair for a striker.

And some on here will happily believe a small piece on the internet, with no provability, from some geezer with a foreign name they''ve never heard of.

Hull want rid of Jelavic because they can''t afford his wages. Could we? If so, might the deal be tied up with Brady somehow? Lafferty going the other way might make sense.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Clubs who are well run do their home work in a player, understand their value make an acceptable bid do the medical show them round and complete the deal.[/quote]If only it was that simple Waveney.Then again, being simple is your biggest asset. [:(]

Jelavic has 28 goals in the Premiership and has experience. Definitely a good signing if we can buy him for a sensible price.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Clubs who are well run do their home work in a player, understand their value make an acceptable bid do the medical show them round and complete the deal.[/quote]If only it was that simple Waveney.Then again, being simple is your biggest asset. [:(][/quote]

There is a point in there, not many clubs go so far to pull the plug with no explanation.

Pretty sure we will find out in time.

Indy indeed a mystery and it was us pulling the plug!

Something very fishy very fishy indeed going on

I smell a rat.

How much longer must we suffer the sufferable deal with the undealable endure the undurable

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Indy indeed a mystery and it was us pulling the plug!

I smell a rat.

How much longer must we suffer the sufferable deal with the undealable endure the undurable
[/quote]That''s got to be one of the most amazing things (I''m not sure it can be described as a sentence) ever written on this message board, it''s like free form jazz using words instead of notes.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Indy indeed a mystery and it was us pulling the plug!

I smell a rat.u

[/quote]That''s got to be one of the most amazing things (I''m not sure it can be described as a sentence) ever written on this message board, it''s like free form jazz using words instead of notes.

[/quote]

Surely it is simply "a load of squit" squit!!!!