Sign in to follow this  
Davness

Joaquín Larrivey

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Indeed, remember, you are a Norwich fan and therefore must criticise the club even when nothing is happening[/quote]

So what do you think of Adams signing Miquel last season?

At first I defended Adams and had a bit of a go at other posters who were criticising the manager and player for the transfer, however in hindsight they were right. The alleged fee was £1m. To pay this sort of money when you have no intention to use him in the future or the present and just plan to let him stagnate isn''t really good enough. I also thought he was much younger than he actually is as well. (Will soon be 23)

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Maybe we would be better signing players that will start in the eleven and improve the team rather than a bunch that may be ok or may never be heard of again ...Andreu , McGrandles, Miguel.....[/quote][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]As for Andreu who knows what

that''s all about. Will he feature 5 times for us in the prem. I very

much doubt. Probably be moved out on loan somewhere. Did Alex Neil

underestimate how good our players were or how good the Championship

is.[/quote][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Andreu doesn''t seem to be better than what we

have, credit to AN for recognising this and not dogmatically sticking

with someone he''s brought in who hasn''t made the cut.[/quote]Lol. That''s what our panel of experts think, now let''s cross over to see what Alex Neil''s view on the matter is......"Tony has gone through an adjustment period. James McCarthy and James

McArthur did the same when they left Hamilton and moved south,” Neil

said, comparing the Frenchman to the Premier League duo, who play for

Everton and Crystal Palace respectively.
“The game’s a lot

different down here – it’s very physical with a lot of quick, strong

players. The problem I have at the moment is that I haven’t got time to

let people adapt because we need to win every game.
“So that’s been difficult for Tony but we will see the best of him next season. I’ve no doubt about that.”

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/alex_neil_confident_that_norwich_city_fans_will_see_the_best_of_tony_andreu_1_4055033

OK Lappinitup. No need to be a smart ar5e is there.

Just stating what I have seen, seems well down the pecking order. You may well be right but your not allowed an opinion without a smart ar5e reply obviously.

So where does Andreu fit in then, the number 10 role ahead of wes, hooper, Odjijda-Ofoe or maybe in the centre ahead of Howson, Dorrans, Tettey, Mulumbu, O''Neill, Thompson or maybe on the wing ahead of Redmond, Johnson, E.Bennett and the obvious winger we are looking to bring in (re Brady bids).

I love it when quoting the manager becomes being a smart bottom.

I suppose reading articles does make you smarter than someone that doesn''t . . . . .

It''s amazing how every season there are some of us just waiting to write off one player or another. the pressure of last season''s run-in was immense. I''m very willing to go on record now to say that both Odjidja-Ofoe and Andreu will be important players this season at CM and AM respectively. AN knows what he''s doing - no knee jerks there.

Well that''s why he''s our manager and after my initial dislike of this appointment, Neil has proved he deserves the respect. He knows what the players are capable and if they don''t perform ultimately it will be his head on the line.

Old on them both, we have a solid team just a tad weak at the back IMO.

That begs the question would you rather had Guidetti?

I probably would have done, but then Guidetti would probably have preferred Vigo. Better league, a more stable club in said league too.

http://i60.tinypic.com/v6hoc8.png

Wow I usually find FM quite a good guage of a players attributes (I know some will disagree).

But definitely shows the guy is a workhorse!! Looks very handy indeed here.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]http://i60.tinypic.com/v6hoc8.png

Wow I usually find FM quite a good guage of a players attributes (I know some will disagree).

But definitely shows the guy is a workhorse!! Looks very handy indeed here.[/quote]

Well.....I bought him on FM on current 2015 Season.....

8 games and a solitary goal. Works very hard for the team but will be sold in the next window! (Also I managed to sell the Wolf to Villa for 5 Million and he has failed to score since!)

@Hog or anybody who plays Football Manager -

Is this game you all play called Football Manager Classic 2015 or similar? And do you need to be on WiFi in order to play it, or can you play it offline? Sorry to take off topic but just curious, cheers :)

Alex, I think you need to be online to install the game initially but it appears that you can then play it offline although I''ve never tried it.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Alex, I think you need to be online to install the game initially but it appears that you can then play it offline although I''ve never tried it.[/quote]

That is correct

How have the club screwed up ? The club pulled out. Either they were never in for him and it''s all agent talk, they found something in his medical that caused concern or he was a back up target and they have been able to make significant progress on another target they deem better.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Reports suggesting we have pulled out.[/quote]Shame your dad didn''t pull out and splattered little Waveney on the bedsheets. [:D]

I hope this means we are back in for Mbokani. Of all the names Linked so far. I hope we get him. He could be our wilfried bony.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Frank this is serious stuff if you haven''t got anything positive to say then say nothing at all

Our club is in full crisis![/quote]

Sorry Waveney, but given your almost constant barrage of negative $hit since you first stumbled on this site by accident, that has to be the most hypocritical post ever on this messageboard.

Mbokani is the real target. Larrivey is just used as bait the set the ball rolling with Kiev. They are holding out for too much money, so McNasty took a dirty twist by bringing Larrivey over for a medical. Its all a coy :)

[quote user="grefstad"]Mbokani is the real target. Larrivey is just used as bait the set the ball rolling with Kiev. They are holding out for too much money, so McNasty took a dirty twist by bringing Larrivey over for a medical. Its all a coy :)[/quote]You could be right........"Sunday, July 12, 2015

1:56 PM

Norwich City have reportedly cooled their

interest in Celta Vigo striker Joaquin Larrivey after the Argentine

forward had travelled to England to seal a Carrow Road move.

Football website, Fichajes.com,

claimed on Sunday lunchtime City have opted not to complete a deal for

the 30-year-old, with quotes from his representative, Daniel dos Reis,

insisting the prospective transfer had not collapsed due to personal

terms or any issues with the medical.

City boss Alex Neil refused

to be drawn on the link to Larrivey when questioned following the club’s

opening pre-season 7-0 friendly win at Gorleston as he looks to bolster

his squad for the Premier League kick-off at Crystal Palace.Fichajes.com

report Neil met the player and his advisor on Friday as he prepared to

undergo his medical after City had reached an agreement with Celta.

Reports prior to the weekend sugested Larrivey would sign a two-year

deal, with the option of a further year, for a transfer in the region of

£1.5m.Dos Reis is reportedly quoted as saying, “There has not

been any problem that may have lead to this. Nor has there been any

change in the numbers of the operation. This is a total lack of

seriousness, professionalism and ethics by Norwich.”http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/rumour_mill_norwich_city_go_cold_on_joaquin_larrivey_transfer_1_4149330?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

We''ve pulled out? We''ve pulled out?

It took me nearly one whole day to enthuse about this signing and I had begun to look forward to him appearing in the Yellow and Green. It might have been fun.

There were quite a few positives to accentuate after all and the negatives were quite easily eliminated.

Now we are back to square one. All rather traumatic really. G& T please Jeeves.

I don''t suppose that we''ll have access to the bottom of this apparent turnaround, but hopefully it''s because one of the more "glam" names, who has previously been touted left right and centre, is lined up instead.

Day by day Rikki gets nearer the first team squad, or has Fabio finally decided to join us?

"Mbokani is the real target. Larrivey is just used as bait the set the ball rolling with Kiev. They are holding out for too much money, so McNasty took a dirty twist by bringing Larrivey over for a medical. Its all a coy."

I don''t think even McNasty at his worst would stoop to those depths.

I hope you''re right though.