Sign in to follow this  
Davness

Joaquín Larrivey

I was not comparing it at all.

I mentioned some sort of swap deal.

I actually see no connection apart from the possibility of dealings because of the the type of league RVW has done well in (initially thinking it was the Portuguese league.)

ahh makes sense. There''s also a lot of rumours beginning to circulate that Hooper is off to Sheffield Wednesday (imo unfortunately) and also it looks as if we''re offloading RVW at some point as well.

So pending players are:

Striker - Larrivey

Left Mid - Brady

We need cover at LB, however Brady could also do this role, as well as another defender either CB or RB. I also wonder if we''ll spend big on an attacking midfielder/striker as well.

Van Dijk would be a good signing, however, he might choose a bigger PL club, though our interest does show that we are looking for a CB

Starting to get a little concerned with our transfer window activity.

[quote user="JF"]Starting to get a little concerned with our transfer window activity.[/quote]

I think we all are its had disaster written over it from day one. We haven''t learned since last time.

Relegation looks nailed on

Could you explain why you think it''s a ''disaster'' Waveney?

We need to buy cover for left mid and left back and need a good striker.

Then the rest is just a matter of opinion i''d say. Personally I think we need a CB as well as an attacking midfielder. Also perhaps a RB.

We''ve signed 2 players, we''re at the start of July with a few players to buy. Whats wrong? What would you do, and please consider the fact that most players don''t transfer until nearer the end of the month.

Look at the quality the other teams are buying Palace today is an example.

We are buying journey men we simply aren''t adding enough quality in terms of creativity nor strong defenders either.

I really can''t see us being able to compete as things stand

The names we are going after simply don''t add the quality we will need.

I laugh at the miserables on here already, even before a ball is kicked in anger! I am hopeful of a fighting spirit this season and am in the belief our motivator manager with have our players fit for many battles this season... I am happy about this possible purchase of another Argentine and hope he will do better than his recently departed compatriot. I''m in the ''we won''t get relegated this season with Alex Neil'' gang!

We''ve been linked with Van Dijk. What do you think of him Waveney?

He''s a tall CB who is also good on the ball. Probably costs about £9m. What do you think of him?

Being linked to van dijk means nothing if we don''t get him. For all we know we might not even be in for him. Probably be scrapping round the bargain basement somewhere instead.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It indicates that we''re targeting a CB not as cover, but as a key position and will therefore look to be investing quite a chunk of our budget to this position. Thats the theory anyway. Can''t complain about being linked with good players in positions that we need strengthening. I don''t care too much about being linked with ''dull'' players in positions that are just going to be used as cover and competition e.g. LB and LM, as long as we''re trying to add genuine quality in positions that need strengthening. The fact is, none of us really know what players our club is looking at as well as the fact that there''s still so much time to do business leads to the question; ''why are people criticising?'' In fact, what is there to criticise?

If we are getting rid of Hooper we are going to need a better player coming in than this one , our strikers will look a very poor line up if its  Larrivey , Jerome and Grabban , Premiership forward line ? not even close imo .

A celta Vigo fan on twitter said

@NCFC_TALK Really hard working, normal pace, tall and strong with a lot of courage. He''ll be good for direct football, he wins most headers

@NCFC_TALK Totally. He''s quite old, and for that maybe not worth what Norwich is supposedly paying for him. But definetly a great player.

@NCFC_TALK well in Spain not many clubs can afford that in €

You''ll end up loving him because os his attitude on the pitch, here we do

Interesting views and debates here- nothing concrete yet on this one and no doubt a hard working aerial player but it does make me wonder whether he is that much of an improvement on Lafferty? Be interesting to know where Laffs stands as it''s clear RVW and Hoops are on the move.

What do people think on who will remain as the strike force from last season?

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 10/07/2015 7:31 PM:

If we are getting rid of Hooper we are going to need a better player coming in than this one , our strikers will look a very poor line up if its Larrivey , Jerome and Grabban , Premiership forward line ? not even close imo .

Spot on. We will be over relying on the midfield to score their fair share and they won''t get many.

[quote user="Davness"]A lot of sources in Spain, including Mundo Deportivo are reporting that we''re in for Joaquín Larrivey. 30 year old striker from Celta Vigo, some even suggesting he''s traveling here for a medical today.

Bit out of the blue! Can''t claim to be all that familiar with him. Any expert Football Manager verdicts..?[/quote]

As a qualified football manager expert, I took a look at him on my current save...

Still going strong at Celta at 38 (yes I''m in my 10th season, I have a lot of free time at the moment, judge away!)

Well the verdict seems to be he looks a very mediocre target man until you see his mental stats. They are out of this world! 20''s all over the board.

If there is a smidgen of belief to his fm profile then it seems he makes up for what he lacks in talent with great attitude. I''ll take it with a pinch of salt but that''s all I really have to go on.

One thing you can''t dispute fm for is his history stats. Looks like he struggled like mad for goals in Italy but still got games for a side that consistently kept their place in the top flight. He banged them in for fun in Argentina and has recently been reasonable with goals in Spain the last 2 years including scoring past barca in a blistering start to last season.

I still remain sceptical if we are relying on him to score loads but he sounds a useful player to have about.

I just think we need some x factor in the premiership to compliment the hard working players we have in abundance. There''s only really Redmond and Wes at the moment. Perhaps that''s just me the fan wanting entertainment and forgetting the bigger picture of staying up though.

At least we are finally seeing some movement with transfers.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]If we are getting rid of Hooper we are going to need a better player coming in than this one , our strikers will look a very poor line up if its  Larrivey , Jerome and Grabban , Premiership forward line ? not even close imo .[/quote]

Why would we get rid of Hooper? Still our best striker, I can see Alex Neil utilising him more this season.

Every transfer window Hoops is nailed on by some "as being sure to leave". He hasn''t yet.

He & Jerome are our only two strikers with PL experience. And Hoops scored 8 in an incredibly bad season under Hughton.

I''d love him to stay. Even if he''s a sub, he''ll be a highly effective one.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Sounds like another Elmander to me.[/quote]

If we are going for 2 up front then I''m actually alright with this kind of signing. Elmander was unfortunately so useless, no amount of attitude could make up for it. Like a poor man''s sibierski!

Still think we need a talisman to either replace or compete with Wes. A creator in chief per se.

Larrivey looks a character on You Tube - video clips there show him receiving a red card for a bad tackle and in others he''s involved in a mass brawl. If he signs, will he have enough discipline? Playing with 11 men in the Prem is tough, let alone with only 10.

I''d be very disappointed should Hooper be released - he''s the most natural scorer we have.

Looking at the types of goals that Larrivey has scored he seems heavily reliant upon others creating clear chances for him. Much like RvW in that respect but Larrivey is stronger.Larrivey seems like Elmander, RvW, Lafferty and Becchio all rolled into one.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]
Larrivey seems like Elmander, RvW, Lafferty and Becchio all rolled into one.

[/quote]

Does that mean he is slow, lightweight, a red card waiting to happen and a bench warmer who won''t score scores ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Who won''t score goals even.  [:$][/quote]Well Lafferty was great at scoring off the pitch, by all accounts.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Sounds like another Elmander to me.[/quote]

If we are going for 2 up front then I''m actually alright with this kind of signing. Elmander was unfortunately so useless, no amount of attitude could make up for it. Like a poor man''s sibierski!

Still think we need a talisman to either replace or compete with Wes. A creator in chief per se.[/quote]I cant see us going 2 up top until we are chasing the gameAs for hooper - he is dependent on a partner / crutch - in the prem he struggled to score without the much ridiculed elmander alongside him.