Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Daniels

Classic Kits

For me the Asics kit (89-92) is the classic, as it was the first shirt I got, and Ive got a signed pic of Flecky in it (his one, not mine..!)

The Colmans on is good though, as it was a main sponsor as has been said.

I actually have to say my favourite kit is the most recent 03-05 - stylish and sleek, and it sounds strange, but I think the yellow is just the right shade.

Undecided on the new shirt front at the mo, seems a little strange...

LOVE the away shirt, though, the newest one... its grand!

Maybe im all by myself here, but i kinda like the 1992-94 shirt! anyone agree?

i also think the 2003-05 shirt looks really cool and its really comfortable!

This seasons shirt i kinda liked a first, but i think its growin on me, and im liking it more everyday!

The 1984-1986 kit is my favourite. Again, because it was my first. Buy also because it reminds me of meeting all the players and staff inside City Hall when we won the Milk Cup and 2nd Division.

I do have a soft spot for the 92-94 bird muck kit though. So many great wins in that shirt. Maybe it really did make the opposition physically sick.

Oh come on you lot - the all time classic strip HAS to be the one we wore in our first ever season in the top division - 1972-73. The introduction of green shorts, and the elegantly uncluttered shirts. No fussy stripes or blotches, no maker''s logo, no sponsor''s name, just the new badge on the front, and the number on the back. Less IS more!

the 1992 shirt def!

Aswell as the dodgey norwich and peterborough sponser stuck on with super glue, it looked like our playes were running around with green confetti on their shirts!

2003-05 kit will always be legendary for me having seen Norwich win the 1st Division (and thus getting promoted) and playing in the Premiership and wearing the replica shirt of the team when in the Premiership (and the 1st time I''d ever watched Norwich in the Premiership after having gone for 8 years and seen Division 1 football). Granted we got relegated but it was the main shirt for the promotion season and the (and my 1st watching) Premiership season. That shirt I''ll probably treasure for the rest of my life (and hopefully more if there is better to come?).I also liked the design and agree that the yellow looked just right and the green blended in well

I also think despite it being absolutely horrible the 92-94 kit is a classic after what we saw. The opening day at Highbury in 92, leading the Premiership, eventually finishing 3rd. Then wearing it the next season for the European adventure (well for 5 of the 6 games at least) and the memorable nights in Munich and back to Carrow Road against Bayern. Plus things like Goss''s goal against Leeds and the last goal in front of the old kop are one of the few highlights that make it quite a legendary and memorable  kit despite its ''yucky'' design.

Got to be the 1984-6 kit as I started going to watch Norwich play in 1984, so it''s the first kit I really remember. Also a Milk Cup winning and Div 2 Champions kit!

Also have a soft spot for the 1992-4 kit. Two totally amazing seasons!

[quote]Got to be the 1984-6 kit as I started going to watch Norwich play in 1984, so it''s the first kit I really remember. Also a Milk Cup winning and Div 2 Champions kit! Also have a soft spot for the 1992...[/quote]

Has to be the two success periods for me - helps me remember them more fondly!  92-94 & last shirt.

Certyainly the Bruce Oldfield effort raks amongst the worst.

OTBC

[quote]For me the Asics kit (89-92) is the classic, as it was the first shirt I got, and Ive got a signed pic of Flecky in it (his one, not mine..!) The Colmans on is good though, as it was a main sponsor a...[/quote]

89/92 is my favourite as it was first kit too. And it reminds me of Flecky.

Centenary season home kit for me - as we went to the play-off final in it too.  That one is the most stylish, best material etc.  That one, and the 89-92 (first kit for me too!) and the new one.

Away kits - the last one, definitely.  Cool colour, plain, unfussy design that actually fits and nice material to boot.  Should have had a home kit like that one.