Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Oh Dear!!

I have had a sneaking suspicion all along that commitment to recruiting the right personnel would prove to be the achilles heal of our management. Almost as if there is a fear of getting it wrong/paying too much.Maybe after the disaster of RVW there is a dread of repeating the same mistake.There is one certainty. This squad is nowhere close to competing at this level and the longer we continue to sit on our hands the bigger the problem becomes. If Brady is too expensive for God sake ship out and look elsewhere.Time is getting short in bringing in and integrating new players to our squad!

Derby you maybe a plastic but you talk total sense don''t listen to the happy clappers like Lapps the club is now in full crisis mode and needs sorting immediately

Not a crises but there is a look that we need to balance the wages, we have not off loaded RVW, Turner etc. all probably had a promotion bonus and now back on full wages.

There is still time but it''s not ideal I''m sure Neil would have liked a settled squad as much as all of us, but there are still 8 weeks till the transfer window closes, no panic yet guys.

I think most would agree with the fact that we didn''t wholey deserve to go down in 13/14, and if so, why should we go down now? We lost Snoddy and Fer but bettered almost every position with either a new player, or one who has found his limelight. I would hate to go bull in a china shop like Watford and Bournemouth are doing, building a completely new XI for the first game. We will get players, good ones too.

Patience is a virtue.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]I have had a sneaking suspicion all along that commitment to recruiting the right personnel would prove to be the achilles heal of our management. Almost as if there is a fear of getting it wrong/paying too much.Maybe after the disaster of RVW there is a dread of repeating the same mistake.There is one certainty. This squad is nowhere close to competing at this level and the longer we continue to sit on our hands the bigger the problem becomes. If Brady is too expensive for God sake ship out and look elsewhere.Time is getting short in bringing in and integrating new players to our squad![/quote]
What a load of old pant wetting tosh. Are you Mystic Meg or something?
But you are right about there being "one certainty". There will be a lorry load of bull $h!te spouted before the season kicks off.

[quote user="TheTetteyRole"]I think most would agree with the fact that we didn''t wholey deserve to go down in 13/14, and if so, why should we go down now? We lost Snoddy and Fer but bettered almost every position with either a new player, or one who has found his limelight. I would hate to go bull in a china shop like Watford and Bournemouth are doing, building a completely new XI for the first game. We will get players, good ones too.

Patience is a virtue.[/quote]The reason we did so well in Lambert''s Premier League season was that we didn''t change too much and just added extra quality where needed.I think the seasons where we have been relegated is when we have tried to change too much in one go.

Agreed.

Clean pants required for OP.

We need to get some out to get some in, simple as that.  We have a better squad now than when we got relegated.

I''d not worry in the least if we went into the Palace match using our present players. We have around 18 players with PL experience who understand AN''s tactical approach. Yes we need to add some more players like Brady to those but not as many as some on here seem to think. The key is that they are suited to the way AN wants us to play.

Well it does scare you, when you see a club like Palace bag Cabaye... We haven''t signed anyone who can even get near that kind of quality!

I''m not too worried yet , but I agree with OP that we need to get someone in sooner rather than later. This someone has to add to the quality of the squad though! Don''t want any signings just 4 the sake of signing...

The happy clappers will agree, no doubt, that we need some quality added...

We are three or four starting players away from being able to give teams in the relegation mini-league a game. Let''s hope for some transfer success over the next couple of weeks.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We are three or four starting players away from being able to give teams in the relegation mini-league a game. Let''s hope for some transfer success over the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

Aaggghhhhh!!!  That''s it!  Nurse!! Nurse!!  Can''t take any more!  The mini-league has reared its head!!   Just the thought of all those fans relishing fighting a mythical mini-league makes me come out in a rash!!     I thought that we had a strong squad and would be challenging every team this coming season.............but it seems we''re doomed to dregging it out among the no-hopers!!!!!!!    And there was me thinking that there were points available for every game, not just those around us!   Woe is me!!  We''ll never take points off Everton, Chelsea, Southampton, Swansea, or beat ManU, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal........after all we''ve never done it before........oh.......

[:O]

So you''d be happy going into Palace with Miquelon of Whitts at right back, Turner / Bennett& Bassong at CB and Martin at right back?

I''m not sure how many we would need to score to beat Palace!

We are 2 or 3 defenders short IMO.

That should be left back for Miquelon or Witts.....olsson out for the first month.

This "integrating players" lark is a load of rubbish. If the player is up to it, they will fit right in like Jerome did. It''s only necessary if we buy a whole new team. It''s well documented that we are going for quality not quantity so as long as the right players come in, have some patience.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]We are three or four starting players away from being able to give teams in the relegation mini-league a game. Let''s hope for some transfer success over the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

Aaggghhhhh!!!  That''s it!  Nurse!! Nurse!!  Can''t take any more!  [/quote]

Oh Matron! Visions of Carry on nurse.