Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Pathetic transfer window

Waveney, you are a binner, albeit a binner totally fixated by all things NCFC, so FOYSC

I''m not sure that I understand any of this, but thanks for your meaningful contribution to the debate nonetheless.

Can anybody really see Russell Martin getting dropped from the starting line up , he will play week in week out because he is Mr Norwich City , form and ability will have no say in the matter .

I think rm could be moved to right back but I do feel it is the area with the most weakness. Bring in better players if they are available.

RM is a great sub and squad player if we want to stay in the premier league. If he were to start every game this season at centre half I would be disappointed with our recruitment over the summer.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Quite Crafty. This is a defence that conceded nearly 50 in the championship. As you say Bassong is best of the bunch and Olsson can hold his own, but we do need two new right side starters plus cover for Olsson. Three new defenders minimum.[/quote]Funny how we sometimes see the players isn''t it?Whittaker made more succesful tackles per game on average than ANY of our regular defenders (Bassong, Martin & Olsson), was 2nd behind Bassong in avg interceptions, 2nd behind Martin in pass accuracy, created twice as many chances than any of the others, passed more than any other defender, and was our joint most prolific defender with 2 goals and 5 assists (despite everyone extolling Olsson''s attacking virtues).Whoscored have him down as our 4th best player last season and our 2nd best defender with an overall rating of 7.28 (vs Bassong''s 7.29), yet STILL some fans insist that he''s utterly terrible and needs replacing ASAP.I get the impression that Whittaker is one of those players that some fans will never warm to or really appreciate, and whilst he''s a long way from world class, he certainly isn''t the next Andy Hughes or Elliott Omozusi either...

If nothing materialises in the next 7 days, noone will believe the club''s insistence that we are not having real trouble bringing in quality new players.

It is sad to concede that of the three sides promoted last year Watford are now by far the strongest. Let us be grateful that other than spunking 8million on Mings and a 37 year old from Everton, Bournemouth have been almost as impotent as us.

I''m not Whitts greatest fan but he did well last season. We need to consider that the current defence conceded 62 league goals last time in the Premiership and this is one area not strengthened. Given that all of them are pretty much on the upper end of their best days, Bassong, Turner & Whitts past 30 I believe, we are certainly very weak in that area and I''m finding it hard to fathom why we have not pushed hard to bring on a few Quality Defenders!

Can we score 45+ goals to compensate for our fragile defence? Not sure.

Not a pathetic transfer window but one which highlights that we as a club have a few things going against us when it comes to transfers, money, location and image.

We have too many pros on our books at the mo, we don''t have 40 odd million to spend on players, and we''re not located in London....

Keep saying it 17th would be great next year.

[quote user="Stiflers Mom"]Thetford wise wise words you are an inspiration to us realistic fans about out inadequate board[/quote]

I assume you are using sarcasm in an attempt to justify the board''s failure to, so far, dig in to the 120m that promotion is (conservatively) worth. The blind faith and natural tendency of so many NCFC fans to obediently doff their caps to those running this club is, frankly, puke making.

Wake up people. So far this closed season we''ve designed and launched more new (vile) kits than we''ve signed players. Does that not hint at where the club''s priorities for this season lie.

We have a manager who is a driving force, and I suspect that Neil is an even stronger force than Lambert. In the two pre-season games so far there is a genuine sense that almost every player is playing for a place. The squad is already stronger with the addition of Mulumbu, and Odjidja-Ofoe and Andreu are both like new additions this year, except that they already know the squad. With up to 4 more players to come in, it''ll get stronger still.

Hooper played as the lone striker in the second half last night and provided the assist for Andreu''s first goal, then scored himself from an assist by Andreu. Could that be a possible link-up for the future? It''s early days in the pre-season but there are already very positive signs about how focused all the players are under Neil and co and that makes me confident. The absence again of Lafferty and RvW raises a question about their future, but I''m beginning to think Hooper will stay now. The current talk about Bamford makes sense if one or more striker(s) are leaving, given that Bamford can play as a striker or an AM. A quality CB would calm everybody''s nerves a bit, especially if Turner is also moving on, though he has featured in both games so far. A Brady type signing is also needed and there now seems to be three options for that.

I dont think we will get Van Dijk but we hadnt been linked to any other cbs. Would be happy with this sort of business.

GK - Back up Zaluska Celtic Free

RB - Yedlin Loan

CB - Van Dijk 7m

LB/LM - Brady 5m

CF - Gestede 6m

There was an Irish chap called Flann O''Brien he wrote The Third Policeman, possibly the most disturbingly funny book I''ve ever read. He used multiple aliases to argue with himself in the letters column of the Irish Times.

His letters were enjoyed by many, as they were witty, erudite & literate. Unfortunately none of these apply in Waveney''s case.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Norwich of course have some money, but with McNally saying they need 6 new players

[/quote]

I doubt Dorrans is part of the 6.

DCM - Mulumbu free re transfer fee

RB Cheap loan fee if its the Tottenham lad as he has

very little Prem experience

GK Cheap

LW Brady £5m

add a striker and a CB.

3 players costing a sizeable fee and hopefully we can offload Wolf, Lafferty and Turner. Thats not including Hooper.

That lot can be afforded.

[quote user="Eccles from Beccles"]Not sure we really need Brady as I really think that Bradley can do the same job in the Prem as last season, what is happening with Yedlin, is that deal still on?[/quote]

We need at least two experienced pros to compete for each position...hence Brady.

Joshua Murphy needs to go out on loan to get some more experience.