Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Transfer Rumours

There seems to be a real lack of genuine transfer rumours regarding NCFC. When we were linked with Mulumbu the rumours were really strong, but we haven’t had any reoccurring stories, just a host of random names.

I guess all it shows is no one knows who the club is looking at.

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are? No need to panic yet, but part of the fun of the window and returning t the premiership is being linked with players.

Since writing this we still appear from the outside to be no closer to making any signings. Usually when a player is close to signing the rumours become very strong.

We just seem to be linked with a host of names which then dont get mentioned again.

We haven''t been linked with a defender since jazz Richards and vvd.

Whats going on? Are we holding out and playing tough with other clubs?

have to say reading this morning that were amongst a bunch of clubs Carlton Cole left feeling slightly sick.

Does anyone think we might be struggling becase AN is relatively unkown? He cant attract the players we need perhaps.....just a thought

I think having Alex Neil has very little, if no effect.

Players will often cite the manager as a reason once moved, but in reality their main concern is amount of playing time and the wages they will receive.

Norwich have been excellent at keeping transfer rumours out of the press, only when things are pretty much agreed does it ''leak'' out. Mulumbu had already agreed a deal with the club before the Sun got an ''exclusive'' - the announcement was delayed as the player then flew off to Africa for international games (and he wasn''t technically a Norwich player until 1st July).

The club will undoubtedly sign a few players, they just have to be very shrewd due to not having vast sums of money like everyone assumes they have.

Well the stories Archant publishes say it all don''t they? They talk about Louis Thompson and Carlton Morris signing...seems like they''re very thin on something to write about...

I must admit it''s frustrating ... part of the fun as mentioned in this thread, is being linked with some quality players...there''s just nothing concrete :-(

But there you go...I try not to get too worked up about it... The pre season before relegation was much more exciting, but we got relegated... Let''s hope it''s the other way round now :-)

AN has confirmed the club''s interest in Brady, so that''s one to watch. The current Bamford rumours also seem to have potential. Beyond those,however, it''s hard to say what might be going on.

The club seem to be going about business nice and quietly away from the press. Personally, I like that very much. It doesn''t mean we aren''t working very busily behind the scenes to get in some new and quality recruits just means there''s less outside influences.

Look at the Brady deal, if that hadn''t been scrawled all over the press I''m sure the deal would have gone through a lot easier. Now it remains to be seen whether it''ll go through at all because Hull are being childish over the fact we won''t overpay for a player!

Agree with the point about archants stories. When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares.

Im sure lots going on behind the scenes. But usually when deals are close the press get wind.

[quote user="NCFC198"]When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares. [/quote]Me, and probably a large percentage of other fans who have complained about not having big enough sizes available for years.Just because it''s not of interest to you, doesn''t mean it''s not of interest to others.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="NCFC198"]When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares. [/quote]Me, and probably a large percentage of other fans who have complained about not having big enough sizes available for years.Just because it''s not of interest to you, doesn''t mean it''s not of interest to others.[/quote]

If you need a shirt that big you shouldn''t be wearing one. No one over 15 should really be wearing football shirts. Nothing worse than an old guy wearing a nasty bright nylon shirt.

Ok if you''re doing sports but guess you''re not in size 6xl.

Anyway like i said i dont care about shirt sizes so lets stick to talking about the club and transfers

[quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="NCFC198"]When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares. [/quote]Me, and probably a large percentage of other fans who have complained about not having big enough sizes available for years.Just because it''s not of interest to you, doesn''t mean it''s not of interest to others.[/quote]

If you need a shirt that big you shouldn''t be wearing one. No one over 15 should really be wearing football shirts. Nothing worse than an old guy wearing a nasty bright nylon shirt.

Anyway like i said i dont care about shirt sizes so lets stick to talking about the club and transfers[/quote]
This board is only for talking about transfers or the things you are interested in!!!? Does that mean we all have to consult you before we deign to post anything on here?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="NCFC198"]When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares. [/quote]Me, and probably a large percentage of other fans who have complained about not having big enough sizes available for years.Just because it''s not of interest to you, doesn''t mean it''s not of interest to others.[/quote]

Anyway like i said i dont care about shirt sizes so lets stick to talking about the club and transfers[/quote]
This board is only for talking about transfers or the things you are interested in!!!? Does that mean we all have to consult you before we deign to post anything on here?
[/quote]

You can talk about what ever you like. But this post was to discuss the transfer situation.

If you want to discuss the shirt and your weight hang ups start your own thread.

Dont want to have a silly argument so let''s leave it at that.

Lets discuss a rumour that has reoccured a couple of times. Could Bumford be on the cards and would you be happy with him on loan?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="NCFC198"]When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares. [/quote]Me, and probably a large percentage of other fans who have complained about not having big enough sizes available for years.Just because it''s not of interest to you, doesn''t mean it''s not of interest to others.[/quote]

[/quote]

You can talk about what ever you like. But this post was to discuss the transfer situation.

If you want to discuss the shirt and your weight hang ups start your own thread.

Lets discuss a rumour that has reoccured a couple of times. Could Bumford be on the cards and would you be happy with him on loan?

[/quote]

[quote user="NCFC198"]Agree with the point about archants stories. When i logged on yesterday to see if there was any news the main story was about 6xl shirts. Who cares.

Im sure lots going on behind the scenes. But usually when deals are close the press get wind.[/quote]

XXXXXXI people care!*

*Poor attempt at Roman numeral joke. Yes I''m aware it doesn''t make sense in Roman numerals before anyone starts!