Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Paul Lambert

Heard him on talk sport this morning. Very complimentary towards Norwich and Alex Neil. said lots of nice things about both, highlighted the level of support and thinks we will stay up and have a mutch better squad than when promoted under him, which i think many if not most of us would agree with

His stock in the game is probably at an all time low.

People usually look for friends under those circumstances.

I felt for him at Villa in the end and was quite disappointed when he was sacked.

Like him or not, he played a major part in where our Club is today.

[quote user="Guy Burgess"]What a man what a man what a mighty mighty fine man[/quote]Don''t worry about people from your past....There''s a reason why they didn''t make it to your future. [:|]

[quote user="Guy Burgess"]What a man what a man what a mighty mighty fine man[/quote]Be nice to people on your way up because you''ll meet them on your way down. [:)]

he did great things for us, but his day has gone, he will get another job and he will do well again, but there is only one Scottish footballing genus right now, arise Sir Alex (Neil)

Disappointed when he left, but gave me lots of great days out. None as good as that day at Wembley.

For me King Alex already surpasses those heady Lambert days.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Lambert managing in Europe for a while. I wish him well, and hope he gets a warm welcome next time he returns.

If he''d gone to Liverpool they would be in a better place, so would he and I don''t think we would have felt so bad about him going. Villa was never a good fit.

[quote user="FCC"]Disappointed when he left, but gave me lots of great days out. None as good as that day at Wembley.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Lambert managing in Europe for a while. I wish him well, and hope he gets a warm welcome next time he returns.[/quote]It will be a very very long time before that Wembley day out is surpassed i suspect.

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="FCC"]Disappointed when he left, but gave me lots of great days out. None as good as that day at Wembley.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Lambert managing in Europe for a while. I wish him well, and hope he gets a warm welcome next time he returns.[/quote]It will be a very very long time before that Wembley day out is surpassed i suspect.[/quote]Agreed. Whatever else happens, Neil has that on his cv - and written himself into NCFC folk lore in the process - but really he did that from day one at Bournemouth when he set his stall out by taking charge and inspiring the win from a losing position.   But to take a team to Wembley and out play the opposition to win the biggest match in British football is something that dreams are made of - and it takes a special manager to be able to do that - and we are lucky to have one.    

I''m quite happy with the current state of play....i''e us in the Premier League ...and Lambert unemployed.

and furthermore ,because of his terrible last few months at Villa, no Premier League club are likely to be knocking on his door again.

The only way that he''s likely to manage in the Premier Lge will be to get promoted with a Championship club, but he doesnt even seem to be mentioned with any of those jobs either!?

I love Alex Neil and have no doubt he has the potential to go on and surpass Lambert but for me half a season does not yet equal the absolute miracles Lambert achieved here. Bottom of League 1 to 12th in the Premier League in three seasons without actually spending that much money is amazing. Gutted he left, shame it didn''t work out for him at Villa and I''m delighted we''ve got Neil but those were some amazing seasons.

It always makes me laugh that people here hate someone for leaving to (probably) double his wages, when they would leave their current job without a moment''s thought in exactly the same circumstances.

The interview is somewhere in here - [url=http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/talkSPORT-20150716-0954.mp3]http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/talkSPORT/talkSPORT-20150716-0954.mp3[/url]