Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Tonight's friendly v Cambridge

looking forward to this second half.it''ll be interesting, Grabban and RvW together - they have potential to rip most teams apart for pace!

RvW cant play as lone striker. Hope he gets/takes his chances to proves us all wrong

Quote DJC : "looking forward to this second half.it''ll be interesting, Grabban and RvW together - they have potential to rip most teams apart for pace!

RvW cant play as lone striker. Hope he gets/takes his chances to proves us all wrong"

f### me! that was quick!

Well his strike rate is 1 in 1 so far this season!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Woohoo, 1-1, Hooper pen; the real stuff can happen now with RVW ready and raring to go.....?[/quote]

You called it Branston!
Toffolo with the ball over the top for Jacob Murphy, his excellent cross & RVW side-foots home at the far post. Welcome back. #ncfc 2-1 (62)
by Michael Bailey 8:52 PM

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]does anyone have a stream link they can send me?[/quote]
There''s no stream for it.
Live text updates at link below
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/live_cambridge_united_v_norwich_city_1_4158022

"KoromaCrab"

thanks @kickitoff.

So glad Ricky has scored!

also, live updates at https://twitter.com/norwichcityfc

Phew! Only one goal. Actually perfect. Enough to convince some manager out there that van Wolfswinkel might just about be worth acquiring while not fooling Alex Neil into thinking we can afford him taking up a place in our 25. And it should keep down the amount of sentimental tosh here.

Seemed to be playing a bit deeoer tonight behind Grabban. Good position for his goal and great balk for Toffolos goal. Really impressed by Mulumbu and Toffolo could go far in football.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Phew! Only one goal. Actually perfect. Enough to convince some manager out there that van Wolfswinkel might just about be worth acquiring while not fooling Alex Neil into thinking we can afford him taking up a place in our 25. And it should keep down the amount of sentimental tosh here.[/quote]
Looks like AN disagrees with you Purple, RVW has got every chance of playing for us next season.

Alex Neil:

“Ricky is a Norwich player and he will get as much opportunity as anyone else,” he said. “He scored a good goal and then created the second so as far as I am concerned he has had a good night. He is just a wee bit lacking in terms of fitness because he came back slightly later than the other guys. I just made sure he didn’t pick up any injuries which was why he played 58 minutes instead of 60.

Time will tell what happens from here. I have had a good chat with Ricky and as far as I am concerned everything that has gone past, as it had done with the likes of Seb (Bassong), has now gone past. It is irrelevant what other people think of him. All he needs to worry about is what I think of him.”

Bit concerned. First game was really dreadful, no urgency or creativity. Cambridge were pretty handy, & should have been 3 up before our penalty.

Second game we upped it a lot. For the first 10 minutes or so Wes was everywhere, his energy & determination as notable as his skill. I strongly suspect some bottoms had been kicked after the first lot''s efforts.

Jerome came off injured, which was also rather worrying. Didn''t look serious though.

As a measure of our future prospects it was all pretty meaningless - at least I bloody well hope so, we''ll be playing the likes of Chelsea & ManC before long! EEK!!

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Phew! Only one goal. Actually perfect. Enough to convince some manager out there that van Wolfswinkel might just about be worth acquiring while not fooling Alex Neil into thinking we can afford him taking up a place in our 25. And it should keep down the amount of sentimental tosh here.[/quote]
Looks like AN disagrees with you Purple, RVW has got every chance of playing for us next season.

Alex Neil:

“Ricky is a Norwich player and he will get as much opportunity as anyone else,” he said. “He scored a good goal and then created the second so as far as I am concerned he has had a good night. He is just a wee bit lacking in terms of fitness because he came back slightly later than the other guys. I just made sure he didn’t pick up any injuries which was why he played 58 minutes instead of 60.

Time will tell what happens from here. I have had a good chat with Ricky and as far as I am concerned everything that has gone past, as it had done with the likes of Seb (Bassong), has now gone past. It is irrelevant what other people think of him. All he needs to worry about is what I think of him.”

[/quote]Ginja, there is nothing in that quote from Neil that I wouldn''t expect to see. It is all studiously non-committal. The fact is that we have tried - presumably with Neil''s blessing - to do a deal to offload van Wolfswinkel to Sporting Lisbon, and I doubt tonight has changed anything. 

RvW was one of the better players tonight but, like Purple, I hope that simply increases his attractiveness to potential purchasers. We have first hand evidence that he lacks the attributes to succeed in the PL. The second team performed better than the first tonight but, overall, provided further evidence, if more was needed, that if we go into the season with the current cadre of defenders it will be the briefest of stays.

RVW worked well and seemed up for it, but still looks too lightweight for the English game IMO, thought Turner was terrible ! otherwise well done Cambridge who were lively at times and made a real game(s) of it !

I would take what AN says at face value - he is as fair and honest a person as they come. He could still go out on loan, but while he is here, he is fighting for a place in the team like everone else.

As long as he is here, he deserves to be given the same chance as Everyone Elsa. If he is still here at the start of the season and has performed well up until then, I hope he gets his chance in PL.

On RVW, AN is a canny Scot, and for a young manager knows exactly the right thing to say.......and he did just that. Consequently, RVW is probably still the player the club want to get out of the door the most, but in the meantime have probably agreed to be very professional, keep him in the shop window and keep him motivated to play for us just in case we are lumbered with him and get desperate.

It''s a no brainer RVW is being paid and is as good as any striker we have, like it or not. To write him off as some have is just stupid, with the right service there is nothing to say he won''t bag 10 goals....Jerome is proof of that, never prolific yet under Neil and in the right attacking formation scored 21 goals.

If no team comes in for RVW then he will be given the same, if not more chance by AN as there will be lass funds to buy an alternative striker.

I think there''s more chance of seeing Grabben being sold along with Laffs.

It''s not romantic nonsense by the supporters to want a player to find his form and score the goals we all know he can.

Maybe he will go and maybe he won''t but deserves the same chance as others players.

I wrote before that it might be worth giving RVW a run until the next transfer window opens, with another loan a less favourable option. If they can''t shift him this window then the club''s hand will be forced towards playing him.It would be a choice between him languishing in the U21s or playing some kind of part, however minor. It''s a similar situation to selling goods at a massive loss when the other alternative is getting nothing, ie less of a loss is better than total loss.

It''s not just the cost involved in keeping RVW, it''s also consideration of squad place availabilty.

I haven''t quite kept up but know that we are getting tight in this respect.

Lafferty''s future is important in this too and, with our preponderance of mid-fielders, surely O''Neil will be gone.

I a way I will be pleased RVW will now likely be given a chance to redeem himself although, holding out little hope, this stance is somewhat irrational.

AN had to say what he did about rvw. But we are obviously trying to move him on and off the wage bill, hence he was in Lisbon last week trying to sort a deal.

Can''t believe people think grabban will go, he was AN''s first choice until injury and suspension.