Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Thread

l notice that the Ashes thread has been moved to ''Other than Football'' that few visit.

That''s the end of that then.

I know a few were not interested, but with 91 posts and 3, 000+ viewings one hell of a lot were.

Repeat, 3, 000+ viewings.

It''s the middle of the Summer, it was just one thread and it was clearly labelled.

Irrespective of all the other crap that infests this forum and is, to my constant bemusement, never prohibited, I notice that, on the front page today, the Fabio Quagliarella post now runs to 98 pages without hindrance whilst that subject has long since ceased to have any relevance whatsoever to affairs Norwich City.

None whatsoever.

My mind boggles. Crass inconsistency, as usual.

The next thing any mention of our closest rivals, Ipswich Town, will be removed also as the affairs of our long-time rivals will be deemed to have nothing to do with our Club and are therefore of no interest to the members of this forum.

Exceedingly poor forum management, exceedingly, IMO.

Somebody get a grip. Either monitor it sensibly, or not at all.

its cricket

as a child the only things on the tv over the summer was tennis or cricket In the evenings ohh the horror of 3/4channels just for that iam glad its been moved

have more interest in lawn bowls or quidich

So what if it was cricket paul101?

It was something a few NCFC fans had in common in addition to NCFC. Its removal was petty and small minded. There''s plenty of other nonsense on here for you to get stuck into. Well said Broadstairs and badly done moderator.

Well this page is about norwich city isn''t it. Not cricket. If you wanna chat cricket over a cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich then do it somewhere else.

"Love how it would upset someone so much they had to make up a new thread."

How silly.

Yes, I am put out by this action especially as it encompasses a lot of other grievances surrounding the monitoring, or otherwise, of this forum in general.

The problem here is with the inconsistencies IMHO.On most other more closely managed and moderated forums, the thread would have been moved a short time after it was posted and the users would simply have looked at it there, however on here it appears that most users are either unable or unwilling to look in a different sub forum and thus ALL threads pretty much end up in the NCFC forum, regardless of whether or not it has ANY relavance to the club whatsoever...This suggests that there needs to be stronger moderation and action by the Archant team, but also a willingness to be flexible from us as users to actually use the other sub forums for what they''re designed, instead of being bullheaded and refusing to use anything other than the NCFC sub forum.On a side note, I couldn''t give a monkeys either way about the Ashes or threads relating to it, but do agree that it should be in the non-NCFC section just like the mods have moved it to.

I don''t see the problem of removing a "non football " thread .

If you want to chat about cricket , find a cricket forum maybe ?

I would think that most of the 3000 views of the thread were to see what connection it had with football ,, finding there was none whatsoever , they left the proliferation of the thread to the very few who did have interest in the most boring sport ever .

Not so sure it is strictly a 100% football forum is it?

Isn''t this the ''Pink Un forum'' which surely evolved from the ''Pink Un'' paper that I used to wait patiently outside my local newsagents for with my Dad on a Saturday night, waiting for the delivery van to pull in and dump off a bundle?

If so then as I remember it, the paper, although mainly focusing on Norwich City, also touched on national football, local football, national & local cricket and even had horse racing results in too?!

[quote user="ruthers1"]Not so sure it is strictly a 100% football forum is it?

Isn''t this the ''Pink Un forum'' which surely evolved from the ''Pink Un'' paper that I used to wait patiently outside my local newsagents for with my Dad on a Saturday night, waiting for the delivery van to pull in and dump off a bundle?

If so then as I remember it, the paper, although mainly focusing on Norwich City, also touched on national football, local football, national & local cricket and even had horse racing results in too?![/quote]Quite ruthers. [Y]And there is a section called "Transfer Talk". But this doesn''t stop thread after thread about foreign players with unpronounceable names gleaned from computer games clogging up the front page and which are never moved to their correct sub-forum....

I find it a bit irksome that some really good posts in the other non-football forums are immediately consigned to the internet equivalent of a deserted, tumbleweed infested Wild West town.

Being Scottish (and we invented cricket) i don''t care for the game, never played it never had any interest, however many football fans do, and should be allowed on the forum, where people like me can choose if we wish to read or make a comment.

The inconstancy with regard to moderation on here is the let down, remove cricket, yet allow jokers like cannigia1 to keep popping in with dribble, is beyond me, come on Archant not much to be asking for ?

Moderation is a another word for censorship.

Those who deem themselves worthy of censorship have to be capable of realising it''s implications.

The censor in this case will now note that they have inadvertently opened up a can of worms and will hopefully take in some of the many reasons mentioned in this thread that rightfully indicate just why he/she should not have embarked upon their actions without full consideration of the picture as a whole.

Apart from that, consistency is a fundamental necessity in any case.

I will retract slightly and apologise.

The post was moved, not censored, but the intention might well have been the same.