Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

FRANCIS WITHDRAWN FROM CITY SQUAD!!

Saw this headline on www.canaries.co.uk . Apparently he will not play at Colchester tonight after further interest from Portsmouth. Let''s hope he goes now {for a decent fee} then maybe it will put a stop to all the uncertainty. There would only be one waverer left then, and that''s Mr Green. Let''s hope this whole mess is sorted out before the season starts anyway.

As long as this is a pure CASH deal then fine. What we don''t want is that guy Primus in part exchange. Would not be surprised though as Worthy was obsessed with him for 2 or 3 weeks last close season.

He struck me as nothing more than an awkward, scuffling, untidy player who did absolutely zero to impress me in the Pompey match at Carrow Road last season. At 31 his ''best'' days are well behind him. As I''ve said before we want a younger, footballing centre back to play alongside Shackell. Failing that, then Charlie should get the vote. He won''t of course as he speaks his mind!

Looks like this matter is being resolved one way or the other. I dont think they would have pulled him from the squad, this is probably the smoke before the fire. I was really excited about Francis at the start of last season, and then since his fracture I thought his confidence was knocked and of course his non existent role at Fulham didnt really help his cause. Shame if its seen as if he''s leaving under a cloud, I wish him well if the move comes off.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~690720,00.html

I assume we''ve pulled him from the squad because Pompey have met our valuation. Wonder if Fulham will come in now as well. Think they''re still a bit lightweight in their midfield.

Although I''ll be very sad to see Damo leave if he is going to go it is better to get it sorted out sooner rather than later. Assuming he does if we use the money to get in another central defender, a replacement central midfielder and a right winger I think we''ll be just about there for the squad for the season.

I know some people say that we''ve got enough central defenders already and that Charlie should play there, but a lot of teams in this division are just going to be lumping the ball forward in the air to the big men up front and I would really worry about 5ft 8 Charlie defending against this.

Be lucky if he''s even a City player come kick-off tonight...

Portsmouth have submitted a third bid for Norwich''s Damien Francis, according to the player''s agent Tony Finnegan.

Finnegean confirmed to skysports.com that the player had asked to be left out of the club''s friendly match against Colchester as the club considers a bid from The Premership.

"Norwich received a bid yesterday from Portsmouth and they are mulling it over now," said Francis.

"The player has gone into the manager and said that his head isn''t in it.

"Of course he wants to take the opportunity to play in The Premiership again.

"Norwich want to get the best price for him, I understand that and it''s right but it''s the third offer from Portsmouth and they''ve been very serious from the outset.

"The fact that he is not playing suggests that a deal may close, and I hope that it will be concluded in the best interests of everyone.

"I can confirm that there has been a firm bid and that the player has been withdrawn from the squad to play against Colchester."

[quote]Be lucky if he''s even a City player come kick-off tonight... Portsmouth have submitted a third bid for Norwich''s Damien Francis, according to the player''s agent Tony Finnegan. Finnegean confirmed to ...[/quote]

Be lucky?  I''ll be p***ed off if he''s still a City player by tonight!

i was talking to someone very close from behind the doors at carrow road, and he said primus is worthy no1 target, and that was about 2 weeks ago.

DD, i can understand how you feel!

Found the map to Pourtsmouth funny.

Bye bye francis, im not saying anything else

I''m glad Damo''s attitude towards Norwich has finally gone public. Good riddance to one of the most dis-loyal players ever to wear a yellow shirt.

At least worthy will have time to spend the cash as the transfer window remains open for another 36 days...

£1.75m ish is not a big pot of gold though - £500k for Mr Hughes...

OTBC 

I was undecided on how I felt about Francis until I read the "The player has gone into the manager and said that his head isn''t in it." comment.  Now I know which camp I am in.  The SOD OFF camp.

It''s took him this long to say anything?  Two weeks before the season starts!  The man is obviously gutless and was just hoping that an offer would be accepted for him, he would never have to say anything and he could just skulk out of the back door.  Now he is trying to force a sale, saying his head is not in it.  Well lets be honest, his head was not in it since Christmas and he felt he had done enough to attract another club to buy him should we be relegated.  I can''t believe anyone could have so little personal pride! 

I will not wish him good luck in the future, I will be glad when he has gone.  I''m sure he will absolutely detest Portsmouth as a place, it''s definitely not the London lifestyle he craves for. 

I have begun (well since the news broke) laughing at all the Pompey Fans in the office.

i realy dont want francis to go, he can be the best midfielder in the championship if he soughts his attitude out. my gut feeling is that NW is tired of his attitude and someone has expressed an interest so worthy doesnt want him to get injured with may scupper a deal.

*shame

[quote]Looks like this matter is being resolved one way or the other. I dont think they would have pulled him from the squad, this is probably the smoke before the fire. I was really excited about Francis at...[/quote]

you what. you wish francis well if he goes.why is that then.only words for this man is idle arrogant prima donna likewise his agent good riddance to the pair of them.