Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Kara Mbodj £4m

Apart from van dijk we haven''t been linked to many centre back as it''s probably the one position that needs filling. Unlike the 400 strikers we have been linked to.

Big (6''3 and a half) and a bit of pace about him. Definitely a ball-playing CB rather than a hoof and hope type. We could do a lot worse than get him in, and the price quoted seems reasonable. Only 25 so plenty of resale value too.
Would be a decent acquisition imo.

Strictly speaking, shouldn''t this be in the transfer talk above? Sort it out Archant!

For me a bit like the Van Dijk interest. We''ll be lucky to get him, but again, is the right sort of player and level we need to try and get as our priority target.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If he''s worth £5m, we''ll start the bidding at 750k.[/quote]Oh, I doubt we would throw caution to the wind and go that high with our first bid.

I think we will bid about £100 to test their resolve

[quote user="dibbler"]Miggins, what are you questioning[/quote]

You''re existence maybe?

Just I seem to remember the first rumours were of us trying to sign players for our back four; a RB (yedlin), then Brady (LB & LM) before Van Dijk (CB)

Maybe,or is it that they think I am new to this forum and have to pass my initiation test first.

all those others rumors, na.This one holds water, West Brom were linked with him in January and the clue is in the link.

It''s just more tiresome "despite the fact I have no idea what''s really happening, the club can do nothing right" trolling, ignore him Mrs M.

Miggins: ''

This one holds water whereas Brady, Yedlin and Van Dijk didn''t?''Are these all defenders?

To be honest the only one with any substance is Brady and that''s only due to Bruce coming out, was 3 million.

The rest is all rumours with nothing to back it up.

There was that striker who turned up to be told to bogoff by Neil.

Just waiting for confirmation for a CB that we need.

Never seen this guy so can''t form an opinion. I''m willing to trust (potentially) our best manager ever though.

I have seen the two Celtic defenders plenty of times...only in Europe because I have a few Scottish Celtic supporting relatives. Imo Van Dijk is top 8 quality and I''d be blown away if we landed him, he''d probably be the best CB to ever play for us. Ambrose is decent, but is very much the cover CB and is a very firm second best..erm imagine a technically weaker Bassong that''s a bit suspect against fast technical forwards but is much less prone to errors and concentration issues.

I''d throw the kitchen sink at trying to get Van Dijk, but even though I''ve not seen the guy from this thread play, I think he''s probably better than the very mediocre Ambrose we were also linked with

[quote user="Indy"]To be honest the only one with any substance is Brady and that''s only due to Bruce coming out, was 3 million.

The rest is all rumours with nothing to back it up.

There was that striker who turned up to be told to bogoff by Neil.

Just waiting for confirmation for a CB that we need.[/quote]I had no idea he was that way inclined [;)]

dibbler wrote the following post at 18/07/2015 7:47 PM:

Miggins: '' This one holds water whereas Brady, Yedlin and Van Dijk didn''t?''

Are these all defenders?

------------------------

Are none of them?

West ham signed a centre half ogbonna from juventus to go with Collins Tomkins and Reid. Surely we would beat anderlecht, obviously a big club over there and a club famous for people like lukaku and kompany but that''s certainly a league famous for selling anyone any good to the better European leagues. I think any premier league side is bigger than that league. A bit like signing someone from celtic, massive club but such a poor league and that''s why teams like us and Southampton could take people like hooper wanyama forster away from champ league football.