Sign in to follow this  
TimDim

FA youth cup winners

Where are they know, and how many made it, so far ?  Those that left have fallen down the ladder a bit and are all now with lesser clubs (in bold still with City).

1 William Britt,                     back at Southampton2 Cameron Norman, 3 Ben Wyatt,                          Ipswich4 Cameron McGeehan (c )    Luton

5 Kyle McFadden,                 released July 20156 Harry Toffolo, 7 Jacob Murphy, 8 Harry Randall                    released 2014 currently at Bishop Stortford9 Carlton Morris, 10 Cameron King 11 Joshua Murphy.

Harrison Heath (he played in the early stages of the FAYC) is now at Orlando City in MLS.Adrian Heath (his Dad) is the manager.

What the hell happened to William Britt? I know he was on loan but he looked absolutely class and saved us a few times, I felt sure he''d at least be playing out on loan somewhere by now

We won the FA Youth Cup in May 2013, six months after being award Category One academy status. You''ll need to wait a few more years and let youngsters actually process through before you can tell if it''s worth the money.

westham won the youth cup and only 2 players ever played for the club

its about normal tbh

Firstly, I believe it is around 2.3m with the FA picking up a third of that cost. At the moment it is early days, but what is the worth of Rudd, or both the Murphy''s. Chuck in Carlton Morris, Loza and Toffolo and you are beginning to see a fair return already. And that is not without offsetting money from Jed Steer and possibly McGeehan. As said above, it is early days.If you want to see where it really works take a look at Germany. It give you this quote from 2013,     ''As for Saturday''s Champions League final at Wembley, the DFB proudly points out that 26 of the players Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund

named in their Uefa squads this season are homegrown and eligible to

play for Germany. More than half of those players came through the DFB''s

talent development programme, which was introduced in 2003 with the aim

of identifying promising youngsters and providing them with technical

skills and tactical knowledge at an early age.''

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]What the hell happened to William Britt? I know he was on loan but he looked absolutely class and saved us a few times, I felt sure he''d at least be playing out on loan somewhere by now[/quote]

I agree with this.

Still at Southampton. Think we should look into getting him as third choice

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I believe the ''A'' grade youth academy cost us £2 million per season,  is it really worth it ?[/quote]It''s a big deal in the sense that it widens our catchment area.