Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Not had one for a while but we are three weeks away from Palace!

Are we happy that no strengthening of the defence has not happened ?

Three weeks and I know usual suspects will jump on each side of their bandwagons, but I would have liked this area done by now!

Why is it most clubs appear now to be busy doing business yet we are still waiting?

Are we good to go with what we have at the back?

I would imagine the club would have liked to as well. But they are stuck with having to wait just so as to upset one or two drama queens on the Pinkun forum. Who would be a CEO of a club, eh ?

Do you really believe that Koroma? Buy to please fans?

In all fairness Olsson, Bassong, Turner, Martin and Whittaker didn''t do a terrible job in the PL. Our biggest downfall was up the other end of the pitch.

Although I agree with you, 4/5 key signings should''ve been made by now. If we can''t defend, we can''t create and we can''t score then it''s going to be a long season.

Lets hope Neil can get the current squad playing out of their skins as Lambert managed to.

Thanks Stan a sensible reply, I was thinking if the players gone out with 25 as you listed would be able to cope again in this league.

Last time we conceded 62 league goals in the premiership, but we did set up so deep we invited pressure and ended up having midfielders coming back probably not helping the back 4 at times.

Could they in the right set up cope? Whitts was improved under Neil and Bassong back to his best, with Olsson & Martin we do have a back 4 just about there for lower end survival, but behind them it becomes very weak.

[quote user="Indy"]

Why is it most clubs appear now to be busy doing business yet we are still waiting? [/quote]

Is this true, are most clubs doing business or are they just being linked with players and the deals haven''t happened yet?

Some are, some aren''t. You can see here,http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/summer-transfer-window-2015.html

In fairness, our goals against column last time around was somewhat distorted by some of the big hits we took.

Catching Manchester City on their day meant seven against and then we had Suarez putting on his usual performance against his favourite dummies.

Overall, the defence were reasonably sound, IMO. and they did put up some good solid performances at times and all epitomised by the last game of the season.

However, any body who thinks we can get by without a couple of strong additions is being somewhat over-optimistic, I feel.

If we go with what we have got, defensively, come the close of the transfer window then I will be mildly concerned that we lack strength in depth. I don''t fully agree with some people''s perceptions that we simply have to have our entire squad fully shaped well before season gets underway ''to give the new lads time to integrate'' though. Yes, in an ideal world the full PL-ready squad for 2015-16 would be fully assembled, buddied up and settled in Norfolk a good month before kick-off, but this isn''t an ideal world and I don''t think every other PL club except us is done in the transfer market yet either.