Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

Loyalty Scheme

In many walks of life the longer you are a member of something the cheaper it gets. The more you purchase the cheaper per unit they become.

This doesn''t seem to apply to football tickets.

I would like to see the NCFC introducing differential pricing depending on how long you have been a season ticket holder and how many away games you attend.

Reward loyalty and subsidise the cost by increasing the prices charged to the casual (plastic) fan who only bother to attend the occasional game anyway so they can afford the increase due to the infrequent of the purchase

All you''d do is price out the next generation of fans and that''s not really a fair method for somebody who can''t attend away games due to a disability or something. I think the current system is the only way you can do it, price accordingly by age group.

I am not convinced that say a fan who was taken to a game as a 10 year old spent the next 40 years attending should pay the same as a new season ticket holder.

I buy the point of free or very cheap tickets for the youngsters

Football clubs are not like a company competing for your business.

Say ipswich town are running a promotion on tickets you don''t suddenly go there for a match because of the offer.

[quote user="barclayboys"]Football clubs are not like a company competing for your business.

Say ipswich town are running a promotion on tickets you don''t suddenly go there for a match because of the offer.[/quote]
The dip-$h!t OP did about 40 years back.

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]In many walks of life the longer you are a member of something the cheaper it gets. [/quote]

Go on then - name a few!

I call BS! There are various loyalty schemes that give you a percentage discount but I doubt you can name anything (not to mention many) where the price continues to go down year on year. Of course buying in bulk can get you lower prices, but again not year on year.

As season ticket holders we get a huge discount compared to casual ticket prices and we haven''t had an increase in cost for what, 3 years now? You have no argument OP.

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]I am not convinced that say a fan who was taken to a game as a 10 year old spent the next 40 years attending should pay the same as a new season ticket holder.

I buy the point of free or very cheap tickets for the youngsters[/quote]

That''s not true either. A new season ticket has to pay the maximum season ticket price. They do not benefit from early renewal prices until their second year.

The OP tries the old "plastic" argument every now and again, and he probably is one of Ipsh1t Town''s most loyal fans, which begs the question, why doesn''t he post them on TWTD?

Airlines, insurance companies and credit card companies give the sort of discounts the op suggests.

Some restaurants give you a free meal after several paid ones.

However, they do it to compete for your business. NCFC doesn''t need to because they have a monopoly in the market, and because their product thrives on customer loyalty. Kind of like cigarettes. You develop a taste for them, and there''s no going back.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]^^^^ Bell End[/quote]
Name calling, hmm, class.
[/quote]

Not that I agree with him, you did call him a ''dip-$h!t'' - as cleverly disguised as it it was...

Don''t the more regular goers get better prices than casuals anyway, what with their season tickets. Kids get reduced rates as well. Casuals pay full price. The OP is redundant, literally and metaphorically.

The OP has got it right just the wrong way round, these loyal fans should be paying more than the casual fan, if they don''t subsidise new supporters the fan base will deminish and they''ll be the only ones left giving the club no option but to charge them more.

Time for some happy clapping, the club must have it just about right, almost 22,000 renewals of season tickets before the deadline, and the opportunity to spread the cost, so they don''t even get all the money up front, if you want loyalty schemes get a supermarket club card !

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Airlines, insurance companies and credit card companies give the sort of discounts the op suggests.

Some restaurants give you a free meal after several paid ones.

However, they do it to compete for your business. NCFC doesn''t need to because they have a monopoly in the market, and because their product thrives on customer loyalty. Kind of like cigarettes. You develop a taste for them, and there''s no going back.[/quote]

Simply not true:

Airlines - give you air miles and amounts to a fixed discount along the lines of buy 9 get 1 free. This does not amount to prices getting lower year on year. Its like a 10% discount but only offered if you buy frequently. (same with your restaurant analogy)

Insurance Companies - most of the time renewal prices are higher than the previous year and shopping around generally gets you a lower price.

Credit Card companies - interest rates tend to remain fairly constant but occasionally go up or down with market forces. Certainly I''ve never heard of a customer getting decreasing rates with loyalty.

How can you suggest any of these equate to a year on year reduction in price with loyalty?

It''s about loyalty. I buy 5 sandwiches at Subway and get my card stamped, I get one free. That''s 17% off . I fly KLM often, then I get more rewards which amount to lower prices if I end up not paying for a flight.

If you don''t file claims, your rates drop with insurance companies that want your business. If you''re loyal to them, you get a discount.

Credit cards reward customers who use their product more.

Points, discounts, cash back. It''s exactly on topic. And yes, they

do offer lower rates when they upgrade you for being a loyal customer.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s about loyalty. I buy 5 sandwiches at Subway and get my card stamped, I get one free. That''s 17% off . I fly KLM often, then I get more rewards which amount to lower prices if I end up not paying for a flight.

If you don''t file claims, your rates drop with insurance companies that want your business. If you''re loyal to them, you get a discount.

Credit cards reward customers who use their product more.

Points, discounts, cash back. It''s exactly on topic. And yes, they

do offer lower rates when they upgrade you for being a loyal customer.[/quote]

You''re a marketing persons dream.

None of that is any different to the discounts that we get from the club as existing season ticket holders for early renewal. Or indeed just for buying a season ticket rather than 19 casual tickets. It does not amount to year on year reducing prices as the OP so sweepingly declared was available in many areas of life.

Getting stuff for free isn''t exactly the same as lowering prices but if you''re a loyal customer it amounts to the same thing. The more you consume, the more free stuff you get.

Obviously they can''t keep lowering prices but compared to what nee or infrequent consumers pay per unit, the frequent customer does get a discount in the examples I gave. You seem to agree with this point at least. How you interpret that is up to you. I see it as a discount.

The op was stirring up sh#t, so well done challenging him on his preposterous idea.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"] The more you consume, the more free stuff you get. [/quote]

You really think it''s ''free'', how gullible are you?

Yes, those things you mentioned are just discounts. Just like we get on season ticket renewals. And just like a new season ticket holder does not get access to until their first renewal. You seemed to come out in support of the OP, yet a simple discount, which season ticket holder have access to, is not the type of price reduction that the OP was describing in his first sentence. I think we agree but I don''t think you read the OP very carefully before jumping to his defense.

I know it''s not technically free, Squit, but that''s how it''s promoted. I''m not writing this as a legal document, just as conversational vernacular. If you don''t realize that''s how discussion boards work, that''s a shame.

I don''t agree with the op at all. As I said, I''m sure his only intention starting this thread was to stir up sh#t. But I thought some of the criticism directed at his opening salvo was a bit off target.

We agree his intention was misguided at best. Cheers!

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]I know it''s not technically free, Squit, but that''s how it''s promoted. I''m not writing this as a legal document, just as conversational vernacular. If you don''t realize that''s how discussion boards work, that''s a shame.

I don''t agree with the op at all. As I said, I''m sure his only intention starting this thread was to stir up sh#t. But I thought some of the criticism directed at his opening salvo was a bit off target.

We agree his intention was misguided at best. Cheers![/quote]

OK, add idiot to the list, ''how discussion boards work''? How about how the English language works?

Seems that you have previous.[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You used to be OK when you

were plain old Houston but since you changed your name to Gainer the

Gopher you have turned into a right tw@t.........[/quote][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You used to be OK when you

were plain old Houston but since you changed your name to Gainer the

Gopher you have turned into a right tw@t.........[/quote][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I have that auto correct problem too. When I

put in "Gainer" or "Houston Canary", it automatically changes to

"knobcheese" or "twunt".[/quote][quote user="morty"]Said it before, and I''ll say it again.Houston, you''re a moron.[/quote]