Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

LET'S GET A PETITION UP AND RUNNING! Get Steve Balmer-Walters out!

This Steve Balmer-Walters is clearing either thinks he''s very funny or was born and raised in Suffolk. Seriously how is it up to one clearly blind man to pick our new kits? The home kit is crap, the away kit is the best of the bunch and that''s not even worth my money - but this third kit really is something else.

Get this waste of space head of retail out of our club. He''s making us look the laughing stock of the Premier League.

Let''s get a petition going!

The black shorts, socks and round neck collar of the 3rd Kit, with the half and half Home Shirt minus "the yellow box".

Now that would''ve been a nice kit!!!

I wonder if Chris Hughton wants a new Retail Manager at Brighton?

Like someone said on Twitter - I couldn''t have designed three kits any worst than those three.

I was thinking the same myself, 3 bad shirts, I think he''s believing he could match the marmite scrambled egg shirt that''s turned out to be a classic.  

Words actually fail me. That third kit is unbelievable.  Taking the three kits as a whole - they follow no design principles that I know of.  Nothing ties in. The first kit has no symmetry on the front - it just looks wrong.   The shirt and shorts in the second kit do not compliment each other whatsoever and the third kit - well, I''m sorry - it''s laughable.

I have to say the away kit is very nice but that third kit is just unbelievable, not anything good about it!

Still not worth getting someone sacked over.

Makes you wonder why we signed such a long deal with such awful shirt manufacturers.

Not sure if it''s the material but I had an away shirt ought with a number on the back and the edge of the number was peeling away, took it back to the shop and got a shirt with nothing on apart from the standard.

[quote user="Indy"]Not sure if it''s the material but I had an away shirt ought with a number on the back and the edge of the number was peeling away, took it back to the shop and got a shirt with nothing on apart from the standard.[/quote]The AVIVA logos are also peeling off, there''s a pic of RvW shirt from the Cambridge game doing the rounds.

The man is producing the best sales within the history of the club, don''t think he''s going to be sacked anytime soon...

He has previously worked with several street wear brands, particularly within skateboarding apparrell.

Personally, i think the kits are all great! We''ve had boring ''retro'' or ''traditional'' kits for far too long, about time we had some fun back. Lighten up you horrible chumps FFS!

Brighton;

The man is producing the best sales within the history of the club, don''t think he''s going to be sacked anytime soon.

Where did you get the sales info from Brighton? Haven''t seen anything about this.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Indy"]Not sure if it''s the material but I had an away shirt ought with a number on the back and the edge of the number was peeling away, took it back to the shop and got a shirt with nothing on apart from the standard.[/quote]The AVIVA logos are also peeling off, there''s a pic of RvW shirt from the Cambridge game doing the rounds.[/quote]

Yes I did see that too Matt that''s what makes me think the material might be different and not take the fabric glue too well!

But I like the away shirt very nice, can''t be the same person who designed that third strip!

Well I went to Wembley and am not gagging to spend £50 on something I think is hideous. I can''tunderstand how ssomething you don''t like is somehow attractive because you were at Wembley CUSDP!

I would have thought the Wembley effect would be to wear the shirt from that day.

The club''s marketing department is to be congratulated for designing a striking new kit that will surely appeal to a hitherto overlooked but, presumably, significant section of our support - pre-op transexuals. I am sure all fans that fall in to this gender category will find this garish garment attractive - for everyone else, its a bit of a shocker

[quote user="lake district canary"]Words actually fail me. That third kit is unbelievable.  Taking the three kits as a whole - they follow no design principles that I know of.  Nothing ties in. The first kit has no symmetry on the front - it just looks wrong.   The shirt and shorts in the second kit do not compliment each other whatsoever and the third kit - well, I''m sorry - it''s laughable.

[/quote]Don''t make a habit of it. [;)]

It''s not the kit man you should blame, nor the head of retail.
Any good business has robust governance with the senior management and board signing off on key decisions.
Think of all the approvals this kit had to get before it was officially agreed.
For me, the buck stops with Delia and MWJ.  Delia''s dressed up her dollies in nice stripey shirts and is playing with them in her Carrow Road doll''s house while MWJ chain-smokes and meddles in transfer dealings.
We''ll never sign anyone again while this is our kit.
Absolutely disgraceful, shameful and tin-pot laughing stock.
Alas, Smith and Jones.

Clearly knows nothing about the clubs history with 3rd kits in the premier league too.

ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME WE''VE HAD A 3rd KIT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!

What about the uefa season?? The dark blue one with a yellow trim

You plank!

The word Marmite springs to mind, doesn''t it? Fans will either love it or hate it.

If the very thought of the yeast extract has made you recoil in horror, or smack your lips with glee, don''t worry, that''s exactly what Steve Balmer-Walters, Head of Retail at Norwich, was after.

"This shirt is going to be like marmite; you''ll either love it or hate it and that’s the fun of it," he said.

“As it is the first time in the club’s history we''ve had a third kit in the Premier League, I wanted to create a design that had the fun factor and was really out there.

"We encourage fans to let us know what they think by expressing their views via social media."

hmmm....

Why do the kit designers have this fixation with yellow and green when it come to our away kits ? This is when free licence should be given for completely different/random colours to be tried - other clubs do it so why don''t we ? Personally I don''t think we''ve had a decent away kit for over 20 years. The two new ones just out are both own goals IMO.