Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Tonight's game v Maccabi Haifa

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Thought Rickays all round game was good, tracked back better than Hoops, shame that he didnt bury the only real chance he had, looked lively i thought but MH were happy enough at 1 nil and i thought they defended more in numbers 2nd half , space around the 18 yard box was tight, bring on mr hoolahan.[/quote]

He would have scored if it was a non league football team because that''s his level.

As for tracking back. Anybody can run around like a headless chicken

There''s a difference between running around like a headless chicken and working hard to impress the manager.

Say what you like about rvw but we have to trust Alex Neils judgement. If he wasn''t impressing him or working hard for him in training or was a bad influence then I''m pretty sure Alex Neil would not have him on tour playing in matches.

Can''t see the point in the rvw love fest or bashing him. Let''s see what happens. Maybe he will be sold, maybe he will be used. Whatever happens we have no reason to not trust Neil judgement.

[quote user="alartz"]Because he''s dump.

There''s nothing else that will tell me different.

It''s does my head in that he swindles £40k a week! From this club.[/quote]Yet you probably think Jerome who could never cut it in the top flight even in his prime or Grabban who looked out of his depth in the Championship would do a fine job next season.Truth is we have one decent striker at the club and we leave him sat on the bench most games , we need new better class signings at the back and up front or we are going back down at the first attempt. Our summer dealings have so far been as farcical as the new kits.

Watching the players stroll around tonight like it was some meaningless friendly being used as a warm up I wouldn''t be surprised if we were not relegated very quickly. No wonder there was no one there. They must have heard of our no signings, s*** shirts policy and decided to go yodelling or something instead. And spookily it is 101 years and nearly a month since an Austrian Arch Duke was assasinated, which started WW1. Makes you think doesn''t it ?

No agenda either way for me on RVW, would have liked to have seen it in the flesh cos on t''telly it looked to me as if Andreu didnt see or wouldnt give the ball to Rickays movement. Same goes for the Murphy boy, too many touches when an early crisp ball is whats needed.

Still think that Pointer chap was good though..We really should make enquiries..

The game reminded me too much of our time with Neil Adams when it started going wrong for him. Loads of possession with no end product then the opposition get one chance and punish us.