Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Steve Bruce threatens to quit

11:37

BRUCE THREATENS TO QUIT HULL SSN @11.37am today

Just saw this on the SSN rolling transfer blog, if we get Brady will he walk ? also see Tim Sherwood being tested in coming days / weeks, amazing how some clubs / managers react to knockbacks, at Least AN seems to be realistic and doesn''t wear his heart on his sleeve and share his innermost thoughts with the world.

I wonder if their players had a relegation clause in their contract.

Align this with a reduced income of Championship membership and it would be normal for the owner to keep a stricter eye on financial matters, parachutes or not.

We (Adams) spent a bit, but this was financed by the sale of Snodgrass, Fer and Surman for the most part.

If Bruce wants money to spend then he need agree to losing players as well. I know that they lost Tom Ince quite cheaply but am not up with any of their other ins and outs thus far, so remain guarded in this view.

It wouldn''t surprise me if the Brady saga has contributed a bit to the present friction that exists there, and in this respect McNally might have got it just right by ignoring Bruce''s unrealistic assessments of the player''s worth and then hoping the owner weakens.

From the owner''s point of view a £4-5m cash input for a player with a limited contract might seem ideal. Bruce''s main aim is to get them back up there and therefore resist all claims to his best.

I get the slight hint that not too many at Hull would be unhappy with SB''s departure at this moment in time. I wouldn''t.

Cantiaci Canary asked why the crying face? it was tears of joy, as Steve Bruce tried to undermine our club with his comments about the bids for Brady, I know he was a NCFC hero back when Bor was a boy, but his comments I felt should have been kept under wraps, # Karma

What the hell is Bruce bleating about?, yes they lost 8 players in the summer but they were all fringe players, who were out of contract, with the exception of Ince.

Even if they sell us Brady, they can STILL field a side like,

McGregor

El Mohamady  Davies   Dawson   Chester   Robertson

Livermore (unless he''s been sacked?)    Huddlestone   Diame

Jelavic      N''Doye/Hendandez

and in a couple of months time have Snodgrass to come back...

if the Championship is anything like the standard this season as it was last ,that side "should" pi$$ that league??

You have to remember that SB is prone to throw his toys out of the pram when he doesn''t get his own way. When we sold him to Manchester United, Bob Chase didn''t accept United''s first offer and the transfer dragged on a bit resulting in the porker threatening to go on strike unless we accepted United''s bid.