Sign in to follow this  
Luton canary

The new shirts?

Why did the club not let the fans design the shirts? or let schoolchildren designed them and get the fans to Pick their favourite one giving a little money to a charity at the same time ?

[quote user="Luton canary"]Why did the club not let the fans design the shirts? or let schoolchildren design them and get the fans to Pick their favourite one giving a little money to a charity at the same time ?[/quote]It looks like they did. Some scrap A4 and overused crayons.

The latest one looks like something you might find in M&S''s summer range for men. Usually being worn in shop by some dummy with a dodgy tache. Truly awful.

Why are we with Errea anyway?   They are an Italian firm, there are not many English clubs using them, Blackpool for one, no other premiership club............so why them?   It appears their work is not appreciated by quite a lot of fans, the designs are frankly bizarre (imo) and the quality seems to be lacking - pictures and reports of logos peeling off -  yet  they must be making plenty of money out of the club. 

Herman you know you''ve just given them the design for next years away shirt. Big black collar and purple cravat finish, with a main tank top cardigan design.....all that''s missing is a big square patch and the Aviva logo.......classic.

I think the cravat is a nice touch. Some of our hipster players like Johnson would like it. Pilkington would have stayed if we had it before.(What''s with the large cookie?)

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why are we with Errea anyway?   They are an Italian firm, there are not many English clubs using them, Blackpool for one, no other premiership club............so why them?   It appears their work is not appreciated by quite a lot of fans, the designs are frankly bizarre (imo) and the quality seems to be lacking - pictures and reports of logos peeling off -  yet  they must be making plenty of money out of the club. 

[/quote]

I believe we are with them because they will offer us bespoke shirts at a reasonable price, whereas if we went with one of the more mainstream manufacturers we would just get to chose colours in a predefined pattern. Before you say youd rather have the copybook kits from Adidas as the Errea designs are god awful (though I think I''m definitely in the minority but I do actually quite like the third kit, it will go well with my Carlisle deckchair kit from the 90''s and the black shorts are a definite winner) the club have procided the designs to Errea, they did not design them on our behalf.

[quote user="cornish sam"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why are we with Errea anyway?   They are an Italian firm, there are not many English clubs using them, Blackpool for one, no other premiership club............so why them?   It appears their work is not appreciated by quite a lot of fans, the designs are frankly bizarre (imo) and the quality seems to be lacking - pictures and reports of logos peeling off -  yet  they must be making plenty of money out of the club.  [/quote]

I believe we are with them because they will offer us bespoke shirts at a reasonable price, whereas if we went with one of the more mainstream manufacturers we would just get to chose colours in a predefined pattern. Before you say youd rather have the copybook kits from Adidas as the Errea designs are god awful (though I think I''m definitely in the minority but I do actually quite like the third kit, it will go well with my Carlisle deckchair kit from the 90''s and the black shorts are a definite winner) the club have procided the designs to Errea, they did not design them on our behalf.[/quote]

Thanks for that.    Have the club really designed the kits themselves, not Errea?   If so, Errea are blameless then.  That puts more onus on the club than I had thought - and the question of who ok''d them.   I just can''t believe the build up with the hints and noises about 80 years etc etc led to what has been produced. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Thanks for that.    Have the club really designed the kits themselves, not Errea?   If so, Errea are blameless then.  That puts more onus on the club than I had thought - and the question of who ok''d them.   I just can''t believe the build up with the hints and noises about 80 years etc etc led to what has been produced. 

[/quote]
I''m not sure how accurate that info was, as I know nothing about the design process, but Errea are certainly not blameless. Look at the peeling logos etc. The designs are awful, whoever created them, but the poor quality of this year''s kit is solely down to Errea (and I''m not someone who has a problem with us using Errea, I''m generally happy with what they''ve done over the last couple of seasons, but if their sole job is to produce shirts of a reasonable quality standard, then they have failed this year (where previously I think they''ve done pretty well).

It''s disappointing really, I was looking forward to buying a new shirt for this season, but not having seen the designs.

The last couple of years have been pretty good, so it does seem odd that the kit design is so poor this year. Has there been a change behind the scenes in marketing at all?

I''m going to buy a new 3rd kit, jusyt haven''t decided if im going to wear it as a pyjama top, or take up being a burglar ! think it could work either way, so maybe both........

I really dont get why bthere is quite so much fuss, whilst the kits are not the best ever, they are also not that bad. I''d even say that each is a grower, the home kit particularly. Maybe its just that its been some time since some City fans had something to moan about, and we cant have that now can we.

I read that next year it is 43 years since Carrow Road was first tarmaced.

As a result I expect next years kit to be black shirts with a dotted white line sown the middle and double yellow lines down the sleeves.

The shorts will have a grid on the back.

If they hade the traning logo on the home shirt it would be ok.i don''t like the big square logo and it is very appealing in the wrong way!!