Sign in to follow this  
Luton canary

*** clubs linked to are players?

Why would we send or sell hooper and Lafferty to shit like sheff wed or Huddersfield on season long loans? Both have 2 year contracts and cost is £5m and £4m not kids so why all the ball. I can''t see them crap teams paying £5m or £4m or even anything near so would be loans.

Sheffield Weds are supposed to be rolling it , if they want Lafferty even on the cheap i would say yes as he is no Premiership player and we need to offload a few.

We have to find an alternative slot for Lafferty, IMO, and if a loan out is the only way to get him off the payroll and out of a squad place, then so be it.

I don''t think he cost as much as £4m and am surprised a decent Championship club hasn''t offered at least two for him. His international exploits will have enhanced his profile considerably.

I wouldn''t want us to lose the services of Gary Hooper for the coming season.

who cares about lafferty, release him on a free, hes dire and barely a championship quality striker

hooper on the other hand should either be sold for around what we paid for him or kept here instead of sniffing round old man liverpool rejects or unknown premier league noobs from european minnows

[quote user="iron_stan"]who cares about lafferty, release him on a free, hes dire and barely a championship quality striker

hooper on the other hand should either be sold for around what we paid for him or kept here instead of sniffing round old man liverpool rejects or unknown premier league noobs from european minnows[/quote]Sheff Weds are said to be considering a bid so no need to release him on a free but if they bid something like 750,000 to a million i would accept just to get shot of a player who offers us nothing .

[quote user="Luton canary"]*** clubs linked to are players?[/quote]What do you mean "are players"?Are they players.....or clubs? [:^)]

Problem is when selling someone like Lafferty on the cheap for say £1m is when we got promoted his wages would''ve gone up.

He might not want to leave knowing he won''t be getting that at sheff w. If he is now on something like £15k-£20k a week he has the right to say I''m not leaving unless you pay up rest of my contract or I won''t go. He has 2 years left to run which could be worth £1.5m to him. So he could say give me £1m pay off and I will go.

Sorry if that sounds long winded, I know what I''m trying to say 😃