Sign in to follow this  
smooth

how much game time will elliott bennett get next season?

Wondering how much time we think he may get, is he the cover for right wing and right back.

with a few fringe players from last season still in the wings I wonder how much playing time they will have.

Of course it depends if he is in the 25 man squad and who is injured but I guess in an ideal world he may be one of the 25 or possibly let go at this stage if we bring in a replacement.

I''m sure he''ll start most games, he will be immense and a star at Brighton.

[quote user="smooth"]Wondering how much time we think he may get, is he the cover for right wing and right back.

with a few fringe players from last season still in the wings I wonder how much playing time they will have.

Of course it depends if he is in the 25 man squad and who is injured but I guess in an ideal world he may be one of the 25 or possibly let go at this stage if we bring in a replacement.[/quote]

It''s an interesting question.   I would think he could be a very useful wing back.................

I''m probably talking rubbish (yeah, I know, as usual....)  but three at the back may be something that is tried on occasion and with Bennett able to defend, then he is an option that would see him able to get back and be the fourth defender when needed.   Equally on the left with Brady (if we end up getting him) or Johnson (tried at left back against Haifa).   

Whatever, different formations will be used in different matches and at different points in matches, so hopefully we will see EB a bit more this season.

With 25 senior players we are now at a point of one in one out. Someone will be sacrificed for a no.3 keeper & I hope we trade up on Miquel & Turner & bid them farewell. If players come in Elliott (for all his qualities) will be towards the top of the list for exit.

Been here too long to still be a utility or stop gap - he needs to find his position

He''ll be in the 25 man squad, mostly because he''s not nailed down a position. Silly to leave him out when he can play pretty much everywhere to a decent level.

Considering we probably won''t sign another midfielder (desperate for defensive cover and a striker how is actually likely to score in the premier league) then he will get his chance, and it will be sink or swim.

He was in the starting line-up, in Adams''s infamous lightweight midfield, for the opening game of the last Championship season at Wolves.

To my recollection, he hasn''t started a league game since and I feel that this answers the opening question.

Decent player, but I don''t actually think he has anywhere near enough in his armoury to be a wide-man/winger at Premier League level.

Although he has been muted as a potential wing back for a while now this has never really materialised as a viable option on the bigger stage.

Perhaps it will eventually, but how and when will that be? He has a good cross and tackles well and seems a useful character to have about but I nonetheless feel that he will now be best served by a move back to the Championship.

As has been pointed out, squad places are at a premium. We might well now be getting Brady and we will still need at least another couple of new players in.

Some, if not all, from EB, RVW, Gary O'' Neil and Michael Turner will need to move on.

The fact that nothing seems to be happening at the ''way out'' door is nearly as frustrating as the lack of new signings is beginning to be.

We can''t keep saying that there is plenty of time yet for much longer.

Well if nothing comes of more transfers at least in E Bennett, Miquel, Turner, RVW & Andreu we should have plenty of scapegoats to choose from 😉

I hope he makes it as a right back, it''s his only chance for next season, but not with us.

I feel sorry for him as before his injury was looking a promising prospect under lambert in the prem. Good goal against Spurs etc. Good squad player but nothing more really but as others have said I agree he''ll probably make the cut as he''s good back up on either flank in attacking midfield and as a full back

AJ wrote the following post at 22/07/2015 8:45 AM:

I feel sorry for him as before his injury was looking a promising prospect under lambert in the prem. Good goal against Spurs etc. Good squad player but nothing more really but as others have said I agree he''ll probably make the cut as he''s good back up on either flank in attacking midfield and as a full back

Yes, it''s a shame. That goal against Spurs was a screamer but he never really moved on from there.