Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

already settled for relegation

I''m not sure what the accusation is here?

Do you think the club is randomly holding back money from the transfer kitty?

Do you think McNally and Neil are content with the squad they have?

I would safely assume that they will be spending every pound they CAN on the highest quality players that they CAN attract.

The old ''Slaven Bilic is a great manager'' is a myth perpetuated by the media. Bilic gives a great quote, is likeable and is London based so he''s a media darling. But let''s look at his managerial record...

Failed at Locomotive Moscow and was sacked

Did nothing at Besiktas and failed.

Arguably he also failed with Croatia, lost in the quaters of Euro 2008 to Turkey (possibly the highlight of his managerial career), failed to qualify for the WC in 2010 and then got knocked out in the group stages of Euro 2012.

Nothing there suggests that he will do outstandingly well at West Ham, and at 8/1 offer good value to be relegated.

12/1 Norwich to finish in the top half by the way...

i love the way on here that if you have any sort of opinion youre immediately a binner

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I''m not sure what the accusation is here?

Do you think the club is randomly holding back money from the transfer kitty?

Do you think McNally and Neil are content with the squad they have?

I would safely assume that they will be spending every pound they CAN on the highest quality players that they CAN attract.[/quote]i dont think they are prepared to take risks and spend enough, it was the same last time we were up. we all know clubs hold premier league teams to ransom nowadays, the tv deals have determined that, its just the way top flight football is in this country. People on here talk about ricky van wolfswinkle being expensive at 8 million. Ignoring his woeful attempts at being a footballer in modern terms that is nothing, a mere drop in the ocean for a premier league team. And that was 2 seasons agowe should be looking at spending 30 million given what we are about bank in tv rights, we must have done what ? 5? and we are being linked to a 33 year old bench polisher and a left back so average even sunderland dont even want him. are you telling me we cant attract better? Pay them and they will come. Take the risk, spend the bloody money, if we go down then sell them. If we stay up due to the improved quality well bugger me weve got even more money coming our way next time round

[quote user="iron_stan"]i love the way on here that if you have any sort of opinion youre immediately a binner

[/quote]No, if you have an unjustified opinion and make sweeping statements without knowing the truth, ignoring who we are and our financial situation, THEN you''re either a troll, a binner or both.Binner

[quote user="iron_stan"]

i dont think they are prepared to take risks and spend enough, it was the same last time we were up. we all know clubs hold premier league teams to ransom nowadays, the tv deals have determined that, its just the way top flight football is in this country. People on here talk about ricky van wolfswinkle being expensive at 8 million. Ignoring his woeful attempts at being a footballer in modern terms that is nothing, a mere drop in the ocean for a premier league team. And that was 2 seasons agowe should be looking at spending 30 million given what we are about bank in tv rights, we must have done what ? 5? and we are being linked to a 33 year old bench polisher and a left back so average even sunderland dont even want him. are you telling me we cant attract better? Pay them and they will come. Take the risk, spend the bloody money, if we go down then sell them. If we stay up due to the improved quality well bugger me weve got even more money coming our way next time round

[/quote]Damned right! I say we laugh in the face of those imposters financial fair play, administration and liquidation...

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="iron_stan"]BournemouthArtur Boruc (Southampton)

Adam Federici (Reading)

Joshua King (Blackburn Rovers)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) [/quote]I think I''d rather sign no one than anyone on this list. Sometimes no business can actually be good business, when looking at some of the alternatives.We will sign more players before 3rd Sept.

[/quote]

Whilst I appreciate that the transfer window shuts on 3 Sep between 8 Aug and the 3 Sep we have 4 games that are winnable lets have the strongest possible squad when we start and get off to a good start.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="iron_stan"]

i dont think they are prepared to take risks and spend enough, it was the same last time we were up.

we all know clubs hold premier league teams to ransom nowadays, the tv deals have determined that, its just the way top flight football is in this country.

People on here talk about ricky van wolfswinkle being expensive at 8 million. Ignoring his woeful attempts at being a footballer in modern terms that is nothing, a mere drop in the ocean for a premier league team. And that was 2 seasons ago

we should be looking at spending 30 million given what we are about bank in tv rights, we must have done what ? 5? and we are being linked to a 33 year old bench polisher and a left back so average even sunderland dont even want him.

are you telling me we cant attract better?

Pay them and they will come. Take the risk, spend the bloody money, if we go down then sell them. If we stay up due to the improved quality well bugger me weve got even more money coming our way next time round

[/quote]

Damned right! I say we laugh in the face of those imposters financial fair play, administration and liquidation...
[/quote]

Whilst I''m not advocating the pay them and be damned arguement yo uhave touched on something I was pondering. FFP in the UEFA sense is pointless for us in the next couple of years, we aren''t going to qualify for europe. The Premier League FFP (ha!) however we do have to stick to, when it was first implemented there was a rule about salary increases limited to £4m pa once you reach the £50m total (that principle anyway, the numbers may be not quite right). Would relegation be a way around this? By which  mean get relegated then when you get promoted again spunk as much as you want on wages on short term contracts, possibly have one massive earner on a one year contract and then at the end of that contract you have loads more headroom for the second years wage limit.....

I''m not saying this would be a sensible thing to do, just asking if it would be an option...

[quote user="ridgeman"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="iron_stan"]BournemouthArtur Boruc (Southampton)

Adam Federici (Reading)

Joshua King (Blackburn Rovers)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) [/quote]I think I''d rather sign no one than anyone on this list. Sometimes no business can actually be good business, when looking at some of the alternatives.We will sign more players before 3rd Sept.

[/quote]

Whilst I appreciate that the transfer window shuts on 3 Sep between 8 Aug and the 3 Sep we have 4 games that are winnable lets have the strongest possible squad when we start and get off to a good start.[/quote]

ONLY 5 WEEKS LEFT TO SAVE OUR SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With one transfer in progress and two already canned, McNasty still has it all to do. He''s probably sat in his office thinking "decisions, decisions..." whilst playing with his ball clicker.

Please clappers do not keep claiming that Bournemouth and Watford are playing catch up because they entered the summer with weaker squads than us: both teams finished higher than us in the league and did not blow it in the run in like we did.

And those who think we already have a PL-ready squad are complacent beyond belief. Do you remember how poor this lot were in our relegation season? You simply can''t lay all the blame for that shambles on Hughton. The players were well and truly found out. Why are you expecting the same bunch to do any better this time round?

Of the promoted clubs, Watford and Bournemouth have shown real intent. The players Watford in particular have signed would all walk into our team. If you''re not familiar with them spend a few minutes finding out about them. The are not just making up the numbers.

Oh, and since Iron Stan put his list of signings together, Watford have also landed a midfielder from Spartak Moscow and a very highly rated and sought after 23 year old dutch international winger - Steven Berghuis - from AZ Alkmaar. Meanwhile, we are rumoured to be sniffing around Rickie F***ing Lambert!

financial fair play wont affect us for a long timewho we are???? as in a club which averages 26000 attendance game in game out , is back in the top flight for the 4th time in 5 seasons, and has no debttruth is we need to spendagain, in this division you HAVE to speculate to accumulate, its why all the damn money is ploughed into into it and yet we are sniffing around bargain basement deals for has beens and never beensi think the squad is ok, but we havnt signed anyone better than anything we have

pay peanutsget monkeys

"...we should be looking at spending 30 million given what we are about bank in tv rights, we must have done what ? 5? and we are being linked to a 33 year old bench polisher and a left back so average even sunderland dont even want him.

are you telling me we cant attract better?

Pay them and they will come. Take the risk, spend the bloody money, if we go down then sell them. If we stay up due to the improved quality well ** me weve got even more money coming our way next time round"

But, Stan you''re forgetting:

DELIA''S STOLEN ALL THE BLEEDIN'' MONEY!!!!!!

Fact

Or maybe not.

Rickie Lambert would be a good addition to our squad but I would also like a central defender and full back that could operate on both sides... Plenty of time until the window shuts... I am going to buy a book to keep me occupied over this barren football month of July. Best of luck to AN''s pre-season preparation, I am sure our players will know the required guts and determination needed for the season ahead.

do you really believe that benjamin!?im betting he will take 7 months to get fit and even then probably wont last 90 minutescomplete and utter lack of ambition going for an old man previously happy to warm the bench at his home town club who he couldnt get a game for because mario ''cant score for toffee'' balotelli was preferred ahead of him!!! balotelli scored 1 goal and was still considered a better option hes a has been, if we wanted him we should have got him 3 or 4 years ago

Stan is saying what lots of us deep down are feeling I recon.

We need more quality players to be added to the squad to have any serious chance of staying up.

It''s not happened yet and if it doesn''t we will struggle big time.

He''s not a Binner, just looks like some of you struggle with home truths.

Sadly Benjamin the days when ''guts and determination'' were sufficient qualities to ensure football success are long gone. Everyone realises this, except perhaps our board and sections of our fan base (the replica shirt brigade) who, it seems, have lost the ability to question anything about the club on the back of one day out at Wembley. Wembley papered over the cracks of a poor season but this one is going to be dire if we cannot attract quality players (not Brady, Lambert etc) soon

How much longer must the loyal Canary fans be subjected to this incompetence.

How much longer must we endure the unendurable

How much longer must we suffer the unsufferable

How much longer must we experience the unexperiencable

How much longer must we watch the unwatchable

How much longer must we suffer David McNally

I just want to be positive at this stage. I want to mix excitement with apprehension rather than just be dragged low with apprehension on its own. The most annoying thing so far mid pre- season, for me, is the publicity release from the club stating ''through popular demand from fan feedback, we are releasing a third strip'' and then they produce a horrific shirt made worse by the patched on Aviva logo... It really is annoying. I can''t believe they received any significant positive feedback from fans prior to production. I can''t even bring myself to look at it today.

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]How much longer must the loyal Canary fans be subjected to this incompetence.

How much longer must we endure the unendurable

How much longer must we suffer the unsufferable

How much longer must we experience the unexperiencable

How much longer must we watch the unwatchable

How much longer must we suffer David McNally[/quote]

What the poor souls who have to keep reading the unreadable? Typing the untypable, chewing the unchewable, digesting the undigestible, listening to the unlistenable and decifering all this bull?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Stan is saying what lots of us deep down are feeling I recon.

We need more quality players to be added to the squad to have any serious chance of staying up.

It''s not happened yet and if it doesn''t we will struggle big time.

He''s not a Binner, just looks like some of you struggle with home truths.[/quote]Sorry but Stan is being OTT negative imo. (No he isn''t a binner, but he does like a moan). Yes we need some new quality additions but I don''t think we are that far from having a strong enough squad to stay up, and with Alex we have a manager capable of taking us far. After the last few months I don''t understand why some of you don''t have a bit more faith in him.

Herman wrote the following post at 21/07/2015 6:20 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Stan is saying what lots of us deep down are feeling I recon. We need more quality players to be added to the squad to have any serious chance of staying up. It''s not happened yet and if it doesn''t we will struggle big time. He''s not a Binner, just looks like some of you struggle with home truths.

Sorry but Stan is being OTT negative imo. (No he isn''t a binner, but he does like a moan). Yes we need some new quality additions but I don''t think we are that far from having a strong enough squad to stay up, and with Alex we have a manager capable of taking us far. After the last few months I don''t understand why some of you don''t have a bit more faith in him.

Got loads of faith in him, but he needs a competitive Premier League squad to be able to work his magic.

Sorry but I don''t think we have that yet, it''s not such a hieratic thing to say, and I may be wrong, but that''s my opinion and it''s not an unreasonable one.

im not overly negative im being realistic, if you think last seasons squad consisting mostly of a previously relegated team is good enough for this big money league youre dreaming.

chuck 10 mill at van dijk, 7 at brady and another 10 at a striker and we might stand a chance. Acknowledge that high wages and high risk is a factor and embrace it, if we fail there will be plenty of takers for MOST of our squad anyway!spend to stay up and build on it with ever increasing tv revenue!!! dont spend and it will be back down, a new manager and another rebuilding job.

wipe the play off final joy from your eyes and and realise we are 2 or 3 weeks behind everyone else and the season hasnt even started yet

Realistic and then say spend £27 million on three players. I know the old adage ''speculate to accumulate'' but do you think we have that sort of money?

[quote user="Herman "]Realistic and then say spend £27 million on three players. I know the old adage ''speculate to accumulate'' but do you think we have that sort of money?[/quote]Well if we have not got that sort of money to spend we may as well have stayed in the Champs , the days of staying up in the Prem with the odd 2-3 million pound signing are long gone , teams in the league below are spending more than that this season .

If we haven''t got it we can''t spend it. If we have got it then yes, invest in some quality additions.

[quote user="Herman "]Realistic and then say spend £27 million on three players. I know the old adage ''speculate to accumulate'' but do you think we have that sort of money?[/quote]my understanding is the wage budget is pretty much what dominates our expenseshowever, given the 30 million pound increase for being in this league from next season onwards (and given the club is "debt free") I would suggest that speculating this season might just be a good incentive to take a damn riskwe will get most of it backtv wants entertainment hence why it pays all that money ,hence why lots of top clubs pay for talent, hence why everyone else pays over the odds for players that realistically arent really worth it. Take the risk, if it goes wrong sell them, we''ll inevitably come back, a club with 26000 regulars at home will never be broke or spend too long in the lower leagues.