Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

already settled for relegation

i think everyones aware the club is likely to be in a relegation battle, but judging by the "transfer policy" weve witnessed so far it doesnt look like weve got any ambition to even attempt a mid table finish19 days away from the first game of the season, i know a lot can still happen, not looking good is itprudence strikes againwatfordSebastian Prodl (Werder Bremen)

Giedrius Arlauskis (Steaua Bucharest)

Jose Holebas
(AS Roma)

Etienne Capoue
(Tottenham Hotspur)

Valon Behrami
(Hamburg)

Allan Nyom
(Granada) BournemouthArtur Boruc (Southampton)

Adam Federici (Reading)

Joshua King (Blackburn Rovers)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) even Leicester have done more business and theyve only just hired ranieri 8 days ago

They are still have weaker teams then us. We need some players in, but a lot of ''those'' signings are just numbers - we''re after quality not quantity.

It''s only defence - where I think we desperately need an injection of talent.

lewis, i dont really disagree, but mulumbu, dorrans and possibly rickie fucking lambert are hardly light years ahead of any of that lot either.my point is more that we arent really willing to spend

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]It''s funny because there are people that really think like this.[/quote]whats funny is people think that the players we have are actually good enough for this level

You think Mings and Distin are good signings? Two of their other signings are goalkeepers. Both Bournemouth and Watford have more tinkering to do with their squads to stand a chance of staying up. However with too much change comes a big risk of finding a way to fit them in and play their managers way (in Watfords case a very new manager and probably not the only one we''ll see this season).

Too many people looking at the amount of signings others have made and not the quality. As has been said, our squad now is better than the one that got relegated. We have a better manager and we will do the best business we can in the remaining 5/6 weeks to make sure we stay up.

[quote user="iron_stan"]i think everyones aware the club is likely to be in a relegation battle, but judging by the "transfer policy" weve witnessed so far it doesnt look like weve got any ambition to even attempt a mid table finish19 days away from the first game of the season, i know a lot can still happen, not looking good is itprudence strikes againwatfordSebastian Prodl (Werder Bremen)

Jose Holebas
(AS Roma)

Etienne Capoue
(Tottenham Hotspur)

Valon Behrami
(Hamburg)

Allan Nyom

Adam Federici (Reading)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) even Leicester have done more business and theyve only just hired ranieri 8 days ago[/quote]Obvious binner is obvious.

You will be called Waveney Canary in a moment or more correctly yet another fan who is concerned about the future direction of this club.

Aye Fuzzar. At least with his low expectations he won''t feel the need to moan endlessly all through the match day threads.

I like Dorrans.

Mulumbu is an okay player - nothing fancy.

I like the idea of Lambert. I don''t understand what Liverpool hoped he''d do from the bench? and in my opinion they are wasting him. At Southampton he was a great finisher, a great leader, a target man and a set piece taker. I''d happily give them £3 to £4 million for him for just the one season... That''s small change in the this financial climate and he could help us stay in the league. Same with Glenn Murray.

[quote user="iron_stan"]BournemouthArtur Boruc (Southampton)

Adam Federici (Reading)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) [/quote]I think I''d rather sign no one than anyone on this list. Sometimes no business can actually be good business, when looking at some of the alternatives.We will sign more players before 3rd Sept.

Stan, have you got your relegation countdown clock ticking away nicely yet?

Seriously though, totally understand yours and some supporters worries that we''ve not done much business yet, but I''d rather we pull a couple of decent rabbits out of the hat over the next few weeks rather than buy quantity for the sake of it - I mean look at that fairly extensive list of players that Bournemouth have signed - doesn''t look very inspiring to me whatsoever! They still don''t have as good an all round squad as us!. So, so far I''d definitely be happier with Mulumbu and the other players we''ve not seen much of yet albeit signed last season - Andreu, and particularly Vadis who I can see making a midfield spot his own this season should he avoid further injury - in a funny sense because this is the first we''ll see of them properly it''s almost as if they''re new signings in their own right. Wait and see what our squad looks like at the end of the transfer window before deciding or guessing our fate?. Being a sad happy clapper in general, I think we''ll be pleasantly surprised this coming season - my main fear as it stands is if Alex Neil continues on his current trajectory, will he be with us come next summer?!.

We do need those key additions.

We do need some activity this week, hopefully not paying over the odds for Brady. But we need some additions. I would argue that Bournemouth signing two keepers is great. We all know what can happen when a senior keeper is out and a younger rookie comes in.

But signings of quality need to come in. I often consider our players about 7/10 as in prem standard. We need a right back, centre back of at least 8/10, hence the money being invested in these two positions.

A striker may also be required and again has to be higher quality than we have.

It is going to be a frantic window if we do not move soon as we need cover.

Although was it Hughton realised that Bennett and turner were not the answer at Fulham first away game of the season and went and bought bassong and Olsson.

Was that how they came in.

We cannot afford that this season each game is massive. We cannot afford a sluggish start with players needing time to settle.

I''m not gonna deny that we need to make a couple of signing but as someone has already pointed out the list of Bournemouth signs is complete crap! As for Watford has signing a load of players from foreign shores suddenly become the recipe for success?

And for what it''s worth I''ve had a bet on Wet Sham getting relegated...

If you really look at the signings, Bournemouth have signed 6 players. Two of which are goalkeepers (one they had last season, so not really like a new signing) Atsu failed to score a single goal for Everton and clearly didn''t impress. Josh King scored one championship goal last season. Mings was very overpriced and Sylvain Distin will be 38 years old come the turn of the year.

Watfords signings are more of a mixed bag. Can''t say I have seen enough of Prodl, Holebas and Nyom to really judge. Although they come with a decent reputation. Arlauskis looks likely to be a back up keeper. I liked Behrami when he was at West Ham so imo that''s a decent signing. And although Capoue didn''t impress for Spurs he''s one who has potential to improve based on his time in France.

I know our transfer activity so far this summer has been uninspiring but I would much rather us go for quality over quantity any day of the week. I would start to worry if we were in the same situation at the start of August.

[quote user="Alex "]Stan, have you got your relegation countdown clock ticking away nicely yet? .[/quote]funnily enough i am mildly optimistic, however if ricky lambert and alonso are the height of the clubs ambitions we might as well not bother.its not about the numbers, its about the board showing some ambition and actually spending some proper money given that we are now in the richest league in the world and, personally id quite like to stay there. That wont happen unless we give up this ridiculous 5 year yo yo club "plan" nonsenseaim high and stop digging around in the bargain basementspend some bloody moneyspeculate to accumulate

Transfers seem to be holding us up and I think a lot hinges on whether RVW remains here. I''m beginning to think the best course of action is to keep him, get rid of Hooper and Lafferty, and spend a fair bit on a big target man.One or two other additions may be necessary, but we may need smash our way through the roadblock in order to progress.

You''ve bet on West Ham getting relegated?

I don''t suppose they do refunds if you go back to the bookies before the season kicks off do they?

Slaven Bilic is immense as a manager, and they have got some serious quality in the ranks. I''ll be surprised if they don''t finish top-half.

I will say this though these two teams that we say are weaker than us finished above us last year so what makes them all of a sudden going to drop below us Next year and with additional croute mea and with additional recruitments they might be possibly even better

And also the fact that with our record under AN we would have probably won the league by early February

[quote user="Herman "]Aye Fuzzar. At least with his low expectations he won''t feel the need to moan endlessly all through the match day threads.[/quote]Yeah, right. if only... [:(]Although I''m surprised the result last night hasn''t already generated more doom and gloom.

[quote user="iron_stan"]i think everyones aware the club is likely to be in a relegation battle, but judging by the "transfer policy" weve witnessed so far it doesnt look like weve got any ambition to even attempt a mid table finish19 days away from the first game of the season, i know a lot can still happen, not looking good is itprudence strikes againwatfordSebastian Prodl (Werder Bremen)

Jose Holebas
(AS Roma)

Etienne Capoue
(Tottenham Hotspur)

Valon Behrami
(Hamburg)

Allan Nyom

Adam Federici (Reading)

Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Tyrone Mings
(Ipswich Town)

Sylvain Distin (Everton) even Leicester have done more business and theyve only just hired ranieri 8 days ago[/quote]
please return your season ticket or super membership to the club and do not buy tickets for next season...

Stan you might well be settled for Relegation, I''m not and don''t believe the majority of Norwich fans are?, however when Marcus Evans see''s your team relegated, cant see you bouncing back, you must be very despondent, you have my compassion.

Iron Stan in "I have literally never been remotely happy" shocker

[quote user="Buh"]Iron Stan in "I have literally never been remotely happy" shocker[/quote]
I bet he reads Catcher in the Rye whilst listening to Radiohead.

Why do people keep saying we are after quality ? what quality have we tried to bring in ? Brady is bog average and we cannot even complete a deal for him .As it stands there is nowhere near enough quality in this squad to keep us up , Dorrans was basically a January signing so we have added one free transfer to a squad that could not achieve auto promotion from the Championship.Most people would worry about the defence even if we were still at a lower level , and i do not see anywhere near enough firepower up front .The yellow glasses brigade will keep telling us all is fine , just like they did with Hughton and just like they did with Adams but anyone without those special glasses can see this summer has been a total disaster .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Why do people keep saying we are after quality ? what quality have we tried to bring in ? Brady is bog average and we cannot even complete a deal for him .As it stands there is nowhere near enough quality in this squad to keep us up , Dorrans was basically a January signing so we have added one free transfer to a squad that could not achieve auto promotion from the Championship.Most people would worry about the defence even if we were still at a lower level , and i do not see anywhere near enough firepower up front .The yellow glasses brigade will keep telling us all is fine , just like they did with Hughton and just like they did with Adams but anyone without those special glasses can see this summer has been a total disaster .[/quote]

Have you tried the club shop or the web site for the yellow glasses, it may cost a bit more to upgrade them to ''special'' but its worth it.