Sign in to follow this  
Foreveryella

TV Premier League money next season....

Reading a lot about our lack of signings, ambition and money!! With only 2 weeks Saturday until the start of the season and a run of winnable games at home to start the same (which will be massively important to our survival) I am starting to get a little nervous!! I have full faith in Neil and McNally but with the importance of survival this year with the amount of TV money next year, surely calculated risks are required and paying a bit over the odds for a player is worth the risk!!

If Neil thinks Brady will improve our team/squad why not pay the price hull want! If van dijk is as good as people like John Collins think and Neil admires him, why not offer something Celtic cannot refuse with the finances in scotish football!! Both are at a good age where they will have a re sale value and will improve, and we are debt free after all!!

As a fan I don''t care if we are in the prem or the championship. I will be there home and away in either, and prob prefer the championship as it is nice to see your side win more often than not and not bankrupt you to go to the games!! But from the clubs perspective, we need to be a premier league side with the money involved from next season. There''s no guarantees as a very hard league but we need to give ourselves the best chance of staying up and we are lacking in both the final and defensive third at present!!

The blue print of how to beat us was set by the likes of Wigan at Carrow road last season. We need investment and need to be a premier league side this time next year!!

partick thistle got a 1 - 1 draw with Wigan last night .and Dundee will spank them at dens park on Friday night lol

can''t wait until we beat Everton after we molest Wigan ..then beat Aberdeen in our first game and become world champions :)

I think part of the problem is that there is no World Cup / Euros and Summer without football just isn''t as fun. So when your team''s got a couple of cheap signings from West Brom to show from their Summer transfer window efforts, there''s only so much excitment to be gained! Bored fans then become disgruntled / worried etc...2 years ago I was probably as excited I had ever been before the start of the seasons (RvW, Fer, Redmond) having signed but ultimately it was one of the most disappointing seasons I''ve experienced as a Norwich fan. Haven''t widnessed a Norwich team start with so much focus and itent as we did at Wembley, I am giving AN the benefit of the doubt. This man is a managerial genious and even if we fail to sign anyone else of note, I am not worried because I think AN will get the best out of our squad and I just believe we won''t be within the 3 worse teams. If I had to pick 3 teams at the moment, I would be more concerned as a Leicester (got rid of Pearson) / Villa (Delph,Vlaar, Benteke gone) / Watford (too many signings and managerial merry-go-round?)Another point I''d like to make is about this being the year you can''t get relegated due to the new tv deal - it really bothers me! This exact same thing was said a few years ago, and a few years before that and I am sure in a couple of years time, another bumper tv deal will have been agreed and then relegation will be unfathomable again! Getting relegated from the Prem in any year is going to be a massive finacial punch in the gonads so I don''t see why every 3rd season should be labelled as one where regelgation would be "an unfathomable disaster!"

If only we had paid over the odds then Brady and Dick van Dyke would be with us, and not have joined some other clubs. Too late now. Surely McNall must see this. When someone on a message board can see it and that person doesn''t know what the current contracts are, what terms Hull and Celtic are wanting and what the players are wanting (and what we have to spend as well) then why can''t McNally ?

Van Dyke is clutching at straws we got linked to him alongside 4-5 other teams that''s week

there has been no evidence we have made a bid or even enquired or interested in him