Sign in to follow this  
nat_canaries

RVW again (sorry)

Just seen that sporting have signed a new striker from river plate so I don''t see them trying to negotiate a move for Ricky again. Will be interesting to see if he''s used in the German tour as, if he is, it would be a clear indication that he is in Alex''s plan for the season.

Once his WAG is seen round the city then we will know for certain he is staying.

Whilst he is still living in a hotel then it''s still a 50/50 that he is staying

[quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]Once his WAG is seen round the city then we will know for certain he is staying.

Whilst he is still living in a hotel then it''s still a 50/50 that he is staying[/quote]

Which hotel is he staying in?

Neil will get in his head, restore his confidence and he may well find that we already have a striker on the books far more capable than any of the offensive targets that we have been fishing for in this window.

I take Neil''s recent comments to indicate that he has faith in Ricky ... I do.

It was Hughton that killed RVW and now he''s, thankfully, long gone.

If we have a midfielder in Dorrans who can find the passes to match RvW''s off the ball running, which dried up after eight soul destroying games under Houghton, he may come good.

If not, then his lack of physical presence and all round game will continue to make him a poor premier league player. RVW cannot lead the line like Jerome or Grabban, and is less effective than even Hooper in holding the ball up. Confidence can fix some things, but it won''t give you strength or pace.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]If I had to put money on it I''d say he will be a key player for us this season.[/quote]Well, I have put money on it. That he won''t be any kind of player for us this season. But I will happily be proved wrong!

Its funny, I thought he was truly woeful last time for us and he didn''t seem to do great in France either. I even went as far as to repeatedly tell non-city friends that he displayed almost no signs of any talent in his debut season.

That said, when he was as good as sold back to Lisbon, for some reason i didn''t want him to leave. I''m now strangely excited to see what he does in the coming season.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="kick it off"]In the squad for the Germany trip.[/quote]

Josh Murphy, Conor McGrandles and Louis

Thompson are among those who have travelled with the Under-21s to their

base in Kirchdorf, Austria.

Jesus can we just leave this now.

Bloke is useless beyond belief. Why people think he''s going to come good I''ll never know.

One 2 yard tap in against a conference side and he''s the next big thing.

Stephen Hawkins could have scored that.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Sir Anthony Blunt"]Once his WAG is seen round the city then we will know for certain he is staying.

Whilst he is still living in a hotel then it''s still a 50/50 that he is staying[/quote]

Which hotel is he staying in?

[/quote]

He''s in Germany at the moment so none!

[quote user="alartz"]Jesus can we just leave this now.

Bloke is useless beyond belief. Why people think he''s going to come good I''ll never know.

One 2 yard tap in against a conference side and he''s the next big thing.

Stephen Hawkins could have scored that.[/quote]

So what? Gary Lineker used to score 20 tap ins a season - a goal is a goal. If AN restores his confidence or whatever as the poacher he''s been in the past then jobs a good''un.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 19/07/2015 5:59 PM:

If we have a midfielder in Dorrans who can find the passes to match RvW''s off the ball running, which dried up after eight soul destroying games under Houghton, he may come good.

If not, then his lack of physical presence and all round game will continue to make him a poor premier league player. RVW cannot lead the line like Jerome or Grabban, and is less effective than even Hooper in holding the ball up. Confidence can fix some things, but it won''t give you strength or pace.

Exactly, though it doesn''t need to be Dorrans, but we do need to play the ball into him, where he likes it and he will score.

I agree with Bor, after a few games under the Hughton tactics the poor lad was shot and has probably not recovered properly since.

He needs a massive injection of confidence and some play makers around him and I recon he could start to repay the lost millions.👍

I''m the same HertsCanary93

From what I''ve seen i just don''t rate him at all but I so want it to work for him and we all know Alex Neil is a special manager so I''m strangely excited about seeing him feature this year.

They key I feel will be under hyping him from the club, say nothing and slowly re-introduce him in a low pressure environment against a Bournemouth or Villa and hopefully he''ll surprise us. I''ve never doubted his ability to get goals, just his basic physical and particularly technical ability

Am I right in saying we can only register 25 players for the start of the season?

25 players have gone with the first team squad to the training camp, so unless we''ve given up on signing anybody else then I doubt we''ll be able to assume anything from Neil''s selections.

[quote user="STAN"]Am I right in saying we can only register 25 players for the start of the season?

25 players have gone with the first team squad to the training camp, so unless we''ve given up on signing anybody else then I doubt we''ll be able to assume anything from Neil''s selections.[/quote]September 2nd I think.

I wonder how many have bought the new club shirt with his name on the back of it... and 2 years ago for that matter.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="STAN"]Am I right in saying we can only register 25 players for the start of the season?

25 players have gone with the first team squad to the training camp, so unless we''ve given up on signing anybody else then I doubt we''ll be able to assume anything from Neil''s selections.[/quote]September 2nd I think.[/quote]Link to squad rules http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=5923.0;wap2

''Who gains from the alternative?''

Agreed.

This most obvious thing never seems to be understood by the vast majority of people

[quote user="STAN"]Am I right in saying we can only register 25 players for the start of the season?

25 players have gone with the first team squad to the training camp, so unless we''ve given up on signing anybody else then I doubt we''ll be able to assume anything from Neil''s selections.[/quote]No, it is 25 players after the transfer window closes, which is 5pm Sept 2nd. Of the 25 who travelled to Germany two are under 25 so we have two places spare. I would suggest that Turner and maybe O''Neil will move on giving four squad places, as of that far.

I would genuinely love to be proved wrong about RVW. It would be great. Unfortunately, I fancy my odds on that not being the case. People saying play him, give him service, what have we got to lose, are failing to realise that what we have to lose is our status in the Premier League.
And to the poster who''d rather lose Hooper (who has at least shown he can perform at Prem level to an extent, whilst being a good player in the Championship for us too), over a striker who''s costing us 40k a week for 1 goal - you''re an idiot. There''s no polite way of putting it. Actually, there is. That was it.

Grabban struggled in the last part of the season and I''m not sure Neil believes he''ll make the step up.

I''d be surprised if Hooper was sold, Laffs and maybe Grabban might go but unless RVW is sold I can''t see too much being spent on another striker.

I''m in the give RVW a chance and support he deserves as a City player.

If he''s sold so be it but while he''s in the squad he''s better than we''ve seen and history proves as good as any other striker we have.

So all the Wolf is useless merchants, its not saying much about Alex Neil as a manager is it the fact he is giving such an obviously crap player a chance ? . Give the lad a chance playing in a team with a whole lot more confidence than the one Hughton sent out .As for keeping him and getting shot of Hooper , no , Hooper is the best striker at the club ...now keeping him and getting shot of Grabban , yes please.

Of the 25 going to Germany, 3 count as under 21 as Redmond wasn''t 21 until after the 1st of January this year. Lafferty stayed behind for treatment for a knee injury. Miquel also didn''t travel with the senior team.

I have to agree with those just above. Hooper can finish and set up goals. I believe that AN can get RVW back to his best (will it be good enough), but Grabban has never really shown he is anything above an average Championship striker. We have seen the much derided Johnson and Whittaker developed beyond all recognition, whilst Bassong and Hoolahan have been restored to the former selves. Even Ruddy looks to have shaken off the Hughton horrors.