Sign in to follow this  
August  64

Are we going to be short-changed over Francis?

With the games Francis, his agent, and Mandaric are playing are we going to end up getting much less than we ought to just to stop this whole charade from dragging on and poisoning everything at the club?  The supposed bids are way below any £2million figure, and while letting him rot in the reserves seems like a nice way to punish him we ultimately would prefer the money.  I can see him going for about £1.4million tops. 

Hope I''m wrong and Worthy can squeeze out more for him but we are now in a pretty weak negotiating position as his value to us plummets and we need to bring in replacements.

The guy, his agent, and Mandaric deserve one another.  If he ends up at Pompey then I look forward to their relegation with eager anticipation!

August 64

You heard the man in charge, he said that we wont be bullied in any way, shape or form...So unless somebody meets our valuation, Damien is in a bit of bother career-wise...all thanks to a meddling agent.

It can go one of three ways:

Damien goes...

Damien stays and plays fully committed to Norwich City...

Damien wastes away in the reserves until our valuation is met, possibly for 3 months if it isn''t resolved by August 31st.

Norwich City are no longer a soft touch, and you don''t mess with us.

IMO even if pompey didnt pay 2 mil we would not be short changed. He no longer puts in the effort and i doubt he wants to play here so we would get more for the money. Atm he is worth 1 mil at most to me

The trouble is it sounds as though Worthy intends to hold him to contract for the next 2 years plus, unless a club come in for the player with a fee that matches Worthy''s valuation. The trouble with this is that Francis either plays and puts in one lacklustre performance after another, or he''s dropped. Either way he''s no darned good to us. To my mind it would be far better if he left now even if we have to reduce our valuation a bit. Also his depressed, hangdog demeanour can''t be doing much to help foster a happy, harmonious dressing room atmosphere.

Whatever happens, Francis is being a pathetic n*b who''s options 2 years ago were staying at MK Dons or going to Stoke or us. Now on the back of one and a half good seasons ( half in the Prem) he now has a god given right to only play in the Prem. Let the b*****d stew.

[quote]Whatever happens, Francis is being a pathetic n*b who''s options 2 years ago were staying at MK Dons or going to Stoke or us. Now on the back of one and a half good seasons ( half in the Prem) he now h...[/quote]

well said mate.he is scum in my eyes and his agent is worse good riddance to the pair of them.

Although the money would obviously be the best option, I now almost hope that Worthy let''s the cretin rot in the reserves.

[quote]Whatever happens, Francis is being a pathetic n*b who''s options 2 years ago were staying at MK Dons or going to Stoke or us. Now on the back of one and a half good seasons ( half in the Prem) he now h...[/quote]

I''ll go along with that one.

My opinion is that if we are only going to get a million I would sit the thing out and ensure that Francis trains at full level or receives heavy fines against his salary if he refuses. Also, I would dress him for reserve games but primarily keep him on the bench. Everyone at the club will become accustomed to it and know exactly why he is being dealt with this way. Of course, there is a financial cost to our club for doing this but the message being sent to everyone who is on a contract and good wages ( particularly Francis ) is priceless.

[quote]My opinion is that if we are only going to get a million I would sit the thing out and ensure that Francis trains at full level or receives heavy fines against his salary if he refuses. Also, I would ...[/quote]

On this, I totally agree with you Yankee, well said.

Surely he''s not getting ANY salary.

if he refused to play last night he''s in breach....simple.

im sorry to have 2 tell u this but my dad spoke to Peter Thorne today because he was buying a car from jeep (where my dad works) and he said that francis is basicly gone already and wont be playing for norwich again. i myself hope he stays as he is a good player in this division.

[quote]Surely he''s not getting ANY salary. if he refused to play last night he''s in breach....simple.[/quote]

From the Pink UN article today it seem Worthy had as much say in Damo not playing last night o there is no chance of him not being paid.

It is inevitable he will not be with us for much longer but we must get the right terms.

OTBC