Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Yes, our new kits are a national joke...

Well, in so much as they featured in the ''Head''s gone'' section of Drivetime on Talksport yesterday afternoon with Adrian Durham and Darren Gough.

Yes, yes, I know, I know, they''re both morons, Talksh!te is awful etc etc, but given our new kits have had a fair amount of reaction across this board and Drivetime must pull in over a million listeners I though I''d mention it.

Durhams''s points were that...

- Our home kit and third kits are hideous (although he thought the away was kit was ''alright'')

- Not only is the third kit particularly awful but it''s the SAME colour as the home strip rendering it completely pointless

Gough did come back...

- The third kit is usually something a club can experiment and have a laugh with, and they''ll always be a few ''wacky'' dressers that will purchase it for that very reason.

It''s not exactly of massive importance but gave me a chuckle when it came up as I think a good few of us share the same sentiments.

When was the last time Norwich kits became a talking point on national radio?

Errea, Aviva and Norwich will be delighted with the coverage, even if there is a lot of negativity.

Bet the 3rd kit sells very well, and will probably be seen at games for longer than most other kits Norwich have produced in recent years.

Durham will take any chance to have a go, sadly for him he''s not very good at it.

I agree with Bethnal, this seasons kits have offered coverage that Errea, Aviva and Norwich would not otherwise have expected.

The third kit is already well on its way to being considered so bad it''s good and will probably become something of a ''cult'' item in future years.

All depends how well we do this season. My favorite kit (white RVW one) is sadly in the back of the wardrobe now.

Whenever anyone brings up the bird poo kit to try wind me up, I just tell them what we achieved with wearing that kit!

If we get relegated this year with a new Luis Suarez embarrassing us then we will never live that kit down.

Change that for Nathan Redmond scoring goal of the season in front of The Stretford end and it will be a cult classic.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Whenever anyone brings up the bird poo kit to try wind me up, I just tell them what we achieved with wearing that kit![/quote]That kit was fantastic, and I''d love to see it brought back in a year or so for it''s 25th anniversary.Still my all time favourite shirt, and I''m gutted that mine ended up getting binned years ago following a disagreement with an iron...

Speaking of the ''bird poo'' kit, the club now sell this in a retro design as was pointed out on here a few months back:

http://shop.canaries.co.uk/leisurewear/mens/retro/retro-1992-94-home-shirt

However, it has said "re-stock coming soon" for ages and ages, and I have contacted the club on two separate occasions to ask when it is back in stock, but with no reply!

I also asked what material was used, whether it is a true likeness to the actual 1992-94 shirt, did anybody manage to get one of these and if so are they the same material?

Thanks Bethnal!

However, I have been in the actual club shops on a few occasions, as recently as Monday and never see them. Are they online only?

New kits don''t win any points. Do some people come on this forum just to have a go at the club for any single reason they can find? Some of you must lead such miserable fecking lives.

Unfortunately they do.

Someone even suggested the other day that we can''t attract players due to the kit in which we''ll play, you can''t make it up can you, or in some people''s case, you clearly can.....

Having said that, reading posts from some does entertain me with the nonsense they come up with.

As for what Durham and Gough think, couldn''t care any less. Gough is the worst radio presenter I have heard and Durham is one level below the worst. They''re a great team if you want an example of talking nonsense and waffling on. Durham is the kind of person that would fall out with himself in an empty room as he contradicts himself all the time, maybe he''d do well on here!?!

Actually I quite like the third kit. If it had a Ted Baker badge on it everyone would be saying how great it is.

I do think that all three being yellow and green is a little bizarre though.....

The look on Mulumbu''s face says it all.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/20/17/2AB35EEC00000578-3168454-image-a-11_1437410002305.jpg

This bad kit has attracted masses of free publicity all over the internet and the world. This would have been the kit designer and McNally''s intention all along. Any publicity is good publicity in this case.