Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Filip Djuricic

I know its the mirror but, "The Daily Mirror" say Premier League new boys Bournemouth and Norwich are both keen on a move for Benfica''s Filip Djuricic.

The Serbian midfielder, 23, spent time on-loan with Southampton last season

The Mirror probably picked it up on Twitter:

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage

I''ve been told Filip Djuricic is drawing interest from #ncfc and Bournemouth. Both want a loan with an option to buy.

Might be some substance in this one. He is an AM and was on loan to Southampton for the final half of last season and played 9 times for them.

I also saw this from a reliable poster on the NT board last night:

"We had a Trust board meeting at Carrow Road last night and ran into David McNally on the way in. He was just back from Austria and looking very relaxed and says that "there''s a lot going on". I think we''ll see some action soon; the club are hardly twiddling their thumbs and its worth bearing in mind that last summer''s key signing, Jerome, only arrived after the season started."

Can''t say I believe it... just too many rumous have been bulls**t this window. Wouldn''t be a bad signing though

Heneage is pretty reliable - but so much being fed to reporters is just player representatives or clubs trying to manoeuvre the market. So hard to filter out the truth from all the noise.

Not sure he really plays in a position Norwich need to fill, but is a tidy player and would be a good addition to the team.

[quote user="alartz"]Player number 245 linked to the club.

We will hit the 400 mark by the 2nd of September[/quote]

yes , but...will we actually have signed anyone by then...????

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]In addition to AM, Djuricic can also play on either wing which could provide some very useful options without breaking the bank.[/quote]

I think that this could be the key. It suggests that we are considering alternatives to Brady, with someone who can play LAM, as well as Alonso.

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]In addition to AM, Djuricic can also play on either wing which could provide some very useful options without breaking the bank.[/quote]

I think that this could be the key. It suggests that we are considering alternatives to Brady, with someone who can play LAM, as well as Alonso.[/quote]Bit of creativity at the top of midfield would be excellent – can''t expect Wes to bear that load all by himself. Plus if he can play left, that would extend our options in a 4-2-3-1 – while BJ excelled on the left last season, having a skilful and creative player who can play that position offers a valuable alternative.

Seems to be some conflicting rumours over this (surprise, surprise). Southampton are said to be interested in him still, but Benfica will only sell, not loan him.

Whilst the rumour with Norwich is they are looking at loaning him (along with Bournemouth).

I wonder if the Norwich and Bournemouth have been linked just to give Saints a kick up the arse.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Don''t like the sound of his name as I can''t pronounce it[/quote]"Jaw-itch-itch" [:)]